Controls

How on earth do you take catches? Do you have to push enter at the right time? What time is it? It's never worked for me. Are you meant to hold it down?

I am having exactly the same problem. I only took one and I was just hitting enter repeatedly so not sure how it worked. Anyone?

it is easy,just hit the enter one time when you see green/light yellow colours around the ball

What is the button to catch on the xbox 360 controller. When a catch is coming i have to jump to my keyboard and press and enter, i never seem to find what the control is on the xbox conroller

Its the A button to take a catch on the 360 pad and the right stick is used for throwing to either end.

Has anyone else noticed that if you are "late" on a fullish ball, the batsman plays a backfoot shot despite you holding down front foot?

- First adjust your player through Q & E
- Then select the area through W, A, S & D
- Then select CTRL or SHIFT for backfoot or frontfoot shots.
- Then select the appropriate arrow key for type of shot.

I mean, by then, either i get LBW or BOWLED. Is anyone else facing this problem.... lol :doh

btw - Does batting performance gets affected if we keep that frontfoot or backfoot shot to AUTO? I mean don't hold ctrl or shift.

Last edited:
I can't get to the pause menu.In mine esc key doesn't to get me to pause menu.Which key is used for that.:help

- First adjust your player through Q & E
- Then select the area through W, A, S & D
- Then select CTRL or SHIFT for backfoot or frontfoot shots.
- Then select the appropriate arrow key for type of shot.

I mean, by then, either i get LBW or BOWLED. Is anyone else facing this problem.... lol :doh

btw - Does batting performance gets affected if we keep that frontfoot or backfoot shot to AUTO? I mean don't hold ctrl or shift.
Same here - Im really struggling and need help!

I am having exactly the same problem. I only took one and I was just hitting enter repeatedly so not sure how it worked. Anyone?

Its actually quite easy to take catches. If you are playing with the keyboard. U have to press enter (by default) when the halo ( the colored circle ) over the ball is green. If you press enter when it is green, its definitely a catch. If you press it when it is at yellow. The fielder may take the catch or drop it. It all depends on his fielding stats, how difficult the catch is etc. If you press enter when the halo is red. The fielder will drop the catch.
Its as simple as that.

Hope that was helpful.

N.B: if you are using an xbox 360 controller (like i am ) its the A button (green one)

cheerz

jmxx009 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

How on earth do you take catches? Do you have to push enter at the right time? What time is it? It's never worked for me. Are you meant to hold it down?

Its actually quite easy to take catches. If you are playing with the keyboard. U have to press enter (by default) when the halo ( the colored circle ) over the ball is green. If you press enter when it is green, its definitely a catch. If you press it when it is at yellow. The fielder may take the catch or drop it. It all depends on his fielding stats, how difficult the catch is etc. If you press enter when the halo is red. The fielder will drop the catch.
Its as simple as that.

Hope that was helpful.

N.B: if you are using an xbox 360 controller (like i am ) its the A button (green one)

cheerz

As someone who has never used a 360 contoller before and is getting on in years (so not as nimble with the fingers)please ask for some help with what buttons on the 360 pad do what in the game. I've picked up some but I'm sure some of the subtlties are being lost with both bat and ball. Maybe to help those of us that aren't used to pads some kind xbox player could post a list.
Thanks for any help given.:help

XBOX 360 Controller Keys:happy:happy:

A: Attacking Shot/Catch/Dive or ground the bat in a tight single
B: Lofted Shot/Cancel a run
X: Defensive Shot
Y: Run

LT: Backfoot Shot
LB: Frontfoot Shot

LT+LB: Advance Shot

Use Left analog stick when bowler is at the start of his run up to change the field setting.
Use Right Analog Stick or Dpad to select the angle of approach.

LT and RT are used for adding swing or spin while bowling

Press Select key to turn off the extra hints from the display once you know all the controls.

I'll add more if i discover something new. Till then this is all i know.

I hope this helps ......;)

XBOX 360 Controller Keys:happy:happy:

A: Attacking Shot/Catch/Dive or ground the bat in a tight single
B: Lofted Shot/Cancel a run
X: Defensive Shot
Y: Run

LT: Backfoot Shot
LB: Frontfoot Shot

LT+LB: Advance Shot

Use Left analog stick when bowler is at the start of his run up to change the field setting.
Use Right Analog Stick or Dpad to select the angle of approach.

LT and RT are used for adding swing or spin while bowling

Press Select key to turn off the extra hints from the display once you know all the controls.

I'll add more if i discover something new. Till then this is all i know.

I hope this helps ......;)

Thanks very much for your quick answer, don't worry it'll take me ages to master that lot.:)

Users who are viewing this thread