Coverdrive

groobz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Front foot coverdrives I can break the field a few times, but has anyone managed to break the field using a backfoot coverdrive? I havn't done it yet, and i've never seen the computer do it. It just doesn't seem to have enough power to it.

- Played a oneday match Aus(me) vs Eng, same problem as all the other crickets, the cpu isn't aggressive enough, i managed to bowl them out for 140, they had a bit of a crack at the end, but most of the game it was testmatch pace at 2-3 runs per over.

At least they included autoplay again. What are the cpu scoring against you guys? and how are you finding back foot coverdrives?

I bowled Canada out the other night for 16!! And it took me 9 wickets down before I reached that score.

As for backfoot drives I think Ive scored the occasionally single on the onside when the fielder is removed at mid on.

Yeah i've scored 2's,3's and 4's off back foot coverdrives, its not as easy as front foot drives and is harder to time but that's normal, just keep trying.

Yeah i've scored 2's,3's and 4's off back foot coverdrives, its not as easy as front foot drives and is harder to time but that's normal, just keep trying.

its nothing to do with timing..i have been editing the stroke files, and the BAck foot cover drive has SIGNIFICANTLY LESS power than the front foot cover drive.

With perfect timing and BKft cover drv has ~20% less power than the FF cover drv.

With slightkly late or early timing you will never break the infield cos it has ~50% of the power of the front foot version.

however i have edited the power asnd the direction and its much more realistic

Sounds good Eddie, are you going to make it available to us? cos its driving me nuts

Look for the other thread i started in this forum, i have posted etaisl on how to edit the stroke and import them into the GOB.

not sure how to release a patch as yet..

youll never belive me but i bowled newzealand out for 3 and the 3 runs came off extras.
shall i tell you how

no i got a right arm medium bowler. kept on bowling it very short on awet pitch.
the batsmen tried to hook it but because it was a short ball but because there was no
power it kept low and hit the stump.

you must make sure it is very short you put no power on it and it is inline with the stumps.( pitch it next to the umpire and as far back as you can. sometimes you might bowl a no ball.

Shahid Afridi said:
no i got a right arm medium bowler. kept on bowling it very short on awet pitch.
the batsmen tried to hook it but because it was a short ball but because there was no

you must make sure it is very short you put no power on it and it is inline with the stumps.( pitch it next to the umpire and as far back as you can. sometimes you might bowl a no ball.
Really, you must be very proud of employing stupid tactics to exploit an AI glitch

Shahid Afridi said:

I cant force myself to take wickets using no pace on bouncers, its just not cricket.

Shahid Afridi said:

All out for three I still don't believe it. What was the difficulty level you were playing.

Users who are viewing this thread