CPL- Caribbean Premier League

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jamaica has done it! Take that haters. Best thing about the win was it was a team effort, not dependent too much on Gayle. A lot of positives will come out of the win I suppose for Jamaican cricket was shrunk down around Chris Gayle only. As if there was no other talented cricketer in Jamaica. This should go a long way in proving the mettle of Jamaican players.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Andre Russel was crucial for Jamica. His batting has always been good but it is his bowling which he needs to improve on. His bowling is not upto International standard yet.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Andre Russel was crucial for Jamica. His batting has always been good but it is his bowling which he needs to improve on. His bowling is not upto International standard yet.

I agree. Russell is one of the better allrounders in WI (trust me we have lots of allrounders out there) but he has been irregular with his bowling. If somehow, we can manage to find places for both Russell and Holder/Cooper, we can make a team to beat in T20Is.

S

Satan666

Jamaica has done it! Take that haters. Best thing about the win was it was a team effort, not dependent too much on Gayle. A lot of positives will come out of the win I suppose for Jamaican cricket was shrunk down around Chris Gayle only. As if there was no other talented cricketer in Jamaica. This should go a long way in proving the mettle of Jamaican players.

Gayle scored a third of the team's runs in the final against Guyana. Also the team was not comprised solely of Jamaicans, there were three overseas players, whats disgusting about this team is they had no local fast bowlers, you think of Jamaica you think pace!

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Gayle scored a third of the team's runs in the final against Guyana. Also the team was not comprised solely of Jamaicans, there were three overseas players, whats disgusting about this team is they had no local fast bowlers, you think of Jamaica you think pace!

Barbados, not Jamaica has produced too many pacers barring the great Michael Holding. Only seemingly deadly seamer that Jamaica has produced is Jerome Taylor who has had a never ending injury break. Sadly, even for the whole of WI cricket, the days are too tough. There are a few excellent prospects but most of them are have skill limited to OD and T20s. If WI cricket has to be at the top again, it has to produce more test match material players.

S

Satan666

Barbados, not Jamaica has produced too many pacers barring the great Michael Holding. Only seemingly deadly seamer that Jamaica has produced is Jerome Taylor who has had a never ending injury break. Sadly, even for the whole of WI cricket, the days are too tough. There are a few excellent prospects but most of them are have skill limited to OD and T20s. If WI cricket has to be at the top again, it has to produce more test match material players.

Franklyn Rose, Jermaine Lawson, Holding, Courtney Walsh are some fast bowlers who emerged from the Jamaican shores, these guys clocked in over 150 mph consistently. However I was really alluding to the fact that Usain Bolt is from Jamaica so you think of pace!

I really dont see how the CPL and other T20 leagues can produce test players, instead they reduce the number of quality test players!

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Franklyn Rose, Jermaine Lawson, Holding, Courtney Walsh are some fast bowlers who emerged from the Jamaican shores, these guys clocked in over 150 mph consistently. However I was really alluding to the fact that Usain Bolt is from Jamaica so you think of pace!

I really dont see how the CPL and other T20 leagues can produce test players, instead they reduce the number of quality test players!

Yes but they are just a handful of bowlers compared to loads and loads of bowlers Barbados has produded.

This is a cricket thread so it is quite common sense that Bolts, Blakes, Powells, Carters and Mullings all don't count.

I really never said CPL should be used as a platform to get test match material players, did I? FC level needs to be given more importance in WI but the sorry state is despite having a decent senior test team, WICB does not show any interest in increasing the number of test matches in the team's calender. Instead, they are chopping them off by every passing year. Check out when WI are scheduled to play a test series next and you will know what I am talking about.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
The draft for this year's CPL is coming up this week. Should be interesting to see how the teams turn out

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Now that Sunil is in the BCCI, I hope he does something that allows Indian players to join oversea leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread