Crash help

davidtj

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just bought cricket 2005 and even though i can open up the menus and start a match, the game crashes soon after I start whilst i am playing a match. I have looked at the forum threads and many hav had crash problems, but i cannot find an answer. Does anyone know if this is a common problem and can anyone help me solve it.
my computer specs-
512 mb ram
windows xp service pack 2
ati radeon 9200se graphics card 128mb

sid_19840

International Coach
well i cant help you much as i dont have the problems myself,but try playing with the system settings in the options of the game,let us know if the problem persists.

davidtj

School Cricketer
yes. I hav reinstalled it twice and then restarted but i am still having problems

davidtj

School Cricketer
i have tried all of the resolutions and i still hav the problem

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cowburn199 said:
Maybe a corrupted disc

i have a amd 1800
512 mb ram
64 mb nvidia 440MX
My game also keeps crashing
sometimes after 10 or 15 over of play and sometimes afer every moment

Please help
Can patches make the game crash this much

philt

School Cricketer
I just bought cricket 2005 and even though i can open up the menus and start a match, the game crashes soon after I start whilst i am playing a match. I have looked at the forum threads and many hav had crash problems, but i cannot find an answer. Does anyone know if this is a common problem and can anyone help me solve it.

The fact that you actually get to the matchplaying screen before the crash happens suggests a graphics card problem. A couple of things to check:

1) Have you got the latest catalyst drivers installed for your ati card (5.8) from www.ati.com

2) Have you got the latest version of directx installed from Microsoft

Are you having any problems with other 3d games?

davidtj

School Cricketer
i hav got the latest ati drivers and other games like the sims 2 and rome total war are running fine

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
this might sound really stupid, but sometimes if a game doesn't work on the latest drivers try using older ones...

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sometimes after the game crashes a blue screen appears and it say windows is shut down due to following error

Page file in nonpage area

wat does this mean
can anyone help

Yorkshire_No1

Club Cricketer
How do you know what driver your using, the game works fine for me im just wondering because i have never downloaded anything for my driver, maybe if i do it may make the game look better or sumit

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
To check type 'dxdiag' in 'run' in the start menu, then click on the 'graphics' tab.

IIRC, an updated driver doen't increase card ability/performance to enhance the imges you see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread