Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

woohoo great news...cant wait hope it is greatly improved from 07

I have high doubts here. EA games usually come to the market some months before the start of the year mentioned in the games title. I mean, look c07 came in Sept 06, FIFA 08 came in Oct 07- like this. That's their way of releasing games and I don't think they will break this for just a mere cricket game. This is an unique speciality of EA. The next cricket game will most probably be called Cricket XI or c11 or something like that, and most probably will be released in Sept/Oct 2010

Thats not entirely true ... Cricket 05 was released in July 05 ... it wasnt called Cricket 06 it was Cricket 05. Every year in March EA release NCAA thats is called present year game i-e NCAA 08 released in March 08 ...

Looks like this is Cricket 09 ... it could be a mistake that it says Cricket 9 ... its Cricket 9 that means it will be released before June ... mey be in Apr/May of this year ... to coincide with Twenty20 world cup & ASHES.

Going by EA marketing, they usually release game names a year earlier, meaning 09 titled in 08. You wouldn't expect them to release a "Cricket 9" game really late in the year. I'm thinking Ashes again if anything else.

I think that they've called it Cricket 9 because when the new Fifa comes out it will be called FIFA 10

Dr Pepper, Cricket 2004 was the best. You could choose from more Asian stadiums and if I remember correctly you can also get injured.

It better not be for the Wii unless they make it a different version from 360, PS3 and PC. For me I want realism, the graphics, the physics an ultimate experience but if they make it only Wii it will just be another Cricket 07 with updated rosters etc.

I think they might be trying to make a cartoony, big headed cricket game with updated rosters and same old AI configs.;)

I can't say much, but I'd be very surprised if this included the Ashes.

Hmm well if that is anything to go by then it could just be a 20-20 only game. If that is the case then expect to see the same ai etc in the game as cricket 07 methinks. I hope i am wrong.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/news/New-EA-Sports-Cricket-game-coming-May/12032/

The_gas added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Just found this, apologies if its old.

MyWii News - EA Sports Cricket '09 revealed

Cricket 05 was the best of the series.

I would say it was about the same as 04, but 05 is better because we are updating it :D MASSIVE PLUG - Check out the 05 forum ;)

I can't say much, but I'd be very surprised if this included the Ashes.

Insider admin knowledge ;)

I went further than most in my determination to keep my word when I said I wouldn't get the game!
Incidentally I prob will get C09 (hopefully free!). :upray

Better relations then with Codies? ;)

It's Great News. Finally EA is releasing Cricket Game:happy

friend863 added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

I would say it was about the same as 04, but 05 is better because we are updating it :D MASSIVE PLUG - Check out the 05 forum ;)

Insider admin knowledge ;)

Better relations then with Codies? ;)
Tom Hattrick of same smileys;)

Users who are viewing this thread