Questionnaire for Research Purposes..

TheWall_OfIndia

School Cricketer
Hi, I am a researcher working on a project related to Piracy, and one of the aspects of the research is that how positive work done by fans voluntarily counters some of the negative effects of Piracy. My Work can be seen at XXXX. My official Twitter handle is XXXX. I have been diverted from the Official Twitter Handle of PlanetCricket to this forum.

I had originally posted this question to the administrators and moderators, but anything that i typed was being pushed out by the webpage as spam. While users and members are free to share their views, I do hope that i will get an official response to some of these questions, which i can use.

I have a set of questionaire that I hope some administrator will help answer for me to benefit my work, and all of us within society as a whole. I am attaching my Questionnaire below. I hope that you or some other administrator will answer my questions, and allow me the permission to re-use the answers and cite them in my work, which i want to eventually release for free, under a Creative Commons license. And I also wish to tell you that for Transparency Purposes, after the project is released, I want to publish this transcript into the open domain, without editing ( Although the Names will be masked).

I hope that you or some other administrator or senior member will help answer some of these questions.

Hi, I appreciate the work that this website is doing and I can see that it is adding support for a huge variety of cricket games, but i would like to focus my questions on one particular Game - EA cricket 2007.
  1. Image.png
    EA Sports is a huge Game development company that continues to develop games mainly for PC across a wide genre of sporting Events. Unlike Say 'Football' which is played and widely accepted universally, Cricket is a much more niche game, played by only a handful of countries, and a huge majority of the cricket playing nations and its followers come from Asia, a community that typically has a lowering scale of economy and individual user affordability, than 'Europe' or 'America'. So, although there are reports online, do you think that EA abandoned the EA Cricket Project, because its returns did not validate continued upgrade investments, or alternatively Game Piracy was eating into a huge chunk of its playing market?
  2. There have been other official releases by other Gaming companies, and I think Codemasters is one of them.There are so many versions online, EA Cricket 2009, 2011.. even upto 2014. Are any of these official enough? In a sense, I am just confirming my Q#1( Beyond EA 2007?)
  3. The Official Twitter handle of PlanetCricket tells me that all the contributions are made by individual users, which i can see from the forums. ( The individual rosters, patches etc). Are there any contributors within your website who are paid to add contributions?
  4. Does PlanetCricket at anytime, ( or periodically) cumulate a series of rosters and patches and release an (un)official release, like the IPL patch with unofficial posters claiming EA 2009 that can be seen on the Internet, and many videos that can be seen on YouTube?
  5. Have any Cricket Gaming companies stopped any of your unofficial (patch) work, citing that your website is infringing on their trademarks, raised issues related to Copyright etc? Alternatively, have any of them appreciated the great work being done by this community. Are there any reference links/Documents/Online URLs to support this?
  6. The IPL patch ( I think it released in 2009-10) built over the EA 2007 Engine was a great success, especially since it was released at a time, when the IPL was at its peak in India. How do you view this development? Is it a victory that people power can take up Good Work done by a company but no longer support it officially and monetarily, but the people from the bottom can work on it in a decentralised fashion and add value to an existing work, without expecting to be paid, yet do such work for the benefit of other users?
  7. The game by itself internally supports Facial Modelling, Renaming and Avatar creation. Are all these support patches and rosters released by individual users built using Tools within an existing Software release? Or Do the Software companies themselves open up sections of their proprietary engines for fans to upgrade them, or is this work being done by using reverse engineering (technically illegal) of code etc ( Something like hacking stuff.)
  8. How do you view your website and its role to society? Typically, your website is one that is likely to attract a 'Cricket Fan' irrespective of which region he comes from, and his or her other individual identities. What are the other forms of cricket re-engagement that the forum provides to the Fan?
  9. Any other comments or views?

Users who are viewing this thread