Limiting Piracy of Cricket Games

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Here are a few links which talk about 80% of global cricket revenue is generated by India...

India the new world provider for cricket

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous | New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade

India: Changing the game of cricket - TIME

I am sure if you google it you will find more details. Fact is India is the biggest player in financial terms and it makes sense to get them on board for any cricket related initiative.

In the old days gaming wasn't that big in India and combined with the smallish middle class one could afford to by-pass India. But with Indian middle class expanding & economy booming, and the new generation into gaming (based on lots of posters from India) it looks things have changed. Maybe they would lag behind Eng & Aus for the time being in cricket game sales but in the near future things are bound to change.

As a selfish cricket gaming fan, I would love to see you guys and Big Ant be as successful as possible and for cricket games be a huge hit. This would result in more cricketing games in the future and looks like India/sub-continent could be a short cut to that goal.
true INDIA is a land of more than 125 crores and people are cricket crazy here

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think cost will make big difference here , for example its better idea of selling more copies with cheap prices rather than less ones with higher prices,

FOR INDIAN subcontinent , 15-20 $ would be the ideal price ,

But do not forget , game should be that good enough first of all,

you cant expect games like ashes 2013 to coming in top sales chart

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More than 6 years since the last comment, how's the scene now? I don't follow or play any cricket games but curious to know.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More than 6 years since the last comment, how's the scene now? I don't follow or play any cricket games but curious to know.

There is what, two fairly known cricket games on the market for PC? Big Ant’s games have been pirated in the past despite the initial online requirement, not sure if the current one has been.

I’m not even sure if the other title deserves piracy. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread