cricket 2004 game modes

sonic

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
could somebody give a run down account of all the available game modes? the game is supposed to be stacked with tournaments, though i'm hearing its pretty much 'as you were' with 2002...i would be disappointed if this is the case, i was looking forward to a proper 'career' mode which EA promised...my guess is there is no test calendar or anything to pit yourself against? also, what do you all think of the county/state cricket? is it accurate? hmm....if only someone out there has some answers i would be most grateful! :)

crick4life

International Cricketer
Firstly there is no career mode for internationl cricket. You can play a full season of English county or Australian domestic competetion.

Here are the tournments :

International :
1. World championship : its the World cup named differently either you can use the 2003 fixtures or randomise fixtures. I am guessing if you choose 2003, all the teams from world cup 2003 is selected to play otherwise CPU chooses the non international cricket teams.

2. World series : Played at Australia with Australia as default team and up to 5 teams can compete.

3. Knock out : Self explanatory.

4. Test Series : Custom series a test series against any nation and at any venue.

4. Foreign tours :

a. Ashes tour to Australia playing as England.
b. Ashes tour to England playing as Australia.
c. Long Australian tour (including warm games against the domestic sides)
d. Short Australian tour : Cant remember, will update it a little later.
e. Sub continent tour : Tour all 4 countries in sub continent.
f. Tour to Zimbabwe and New Zealand on a twin tour.

There are several more that fall under foreign tour category, will update soon.

Australian domestic :

1. Full season (Both ING and PURA)
2. PURA cup
3. ING cup

English domestic :

1. Full season
2. Frizzell County Championship (not sure if both divisions)
3. National League (not sure if both divisions)
4. Cheltenham and Gloucester

Last edited:

sonic

Club Cricketer
cheers Ravi, in all looks very solid in terms of modes, hopefully you and zim can improve the thing playwise and sort out the irritating bugs! :)

Users who are viewing this thread