Cricket 2005 on a Laptop

dannybecks

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive had a search and I havent come up with anything which has made the game work for me.

I borrowed this from my mate as i want to get it to work before i purchase it myself!

has there been any developments in this? last time i looked was august (apart from a search tonight)

can you tell what actually the problem is and your laptop specifications? If you borrowed it from your friend then its serial number might not work because it may have expired after one use.

its nothing to do with the serial number, its the game runs too fast hen plugged in, but too slow when unplugged (tried this to see if it would work)

Laptop Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
1gb of RAM
Mobility Radeon 9600 Graphics Card

anything else needed?

Make sure you have the latest ATI Mobility drivers installed (including the ATI Catalyst Control Center). You can get them here.

Once you're up to date, run the Catalyst Control Center and make sure that VSync is set to 'Always On'. You can see which option it is in the image below. It's the one that says 'Wait for Vertical Refresh'.

This should, in theory, solve your problem.

Attachments

• VSync.jpg
    VSync.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 126
i used to have the same prob with cricket 2004, make sure that the power is turned on from the second you turn your laptop on, dunno why but this works

nope :(

downloaded that thing from there. set it to always on and it still runs in hyper speed.
thought it would be a good idea to make it more detailed.....still the same when set on the best i can!

dannybecks said:
nope :(

downloaded that thing from there. set it to always on and it still runs in hyper speed.
thought it would be a good idea to make it more detailed.....still the same when set on the best i can!

try what i said, it works

your on a laptop right? make sure you are on AC power before the laptop is turned on, i hope that makes sense, im not computer minded at all, just love cricket.

It worked for me on cricket 2004

its always plugged into the ac.

when its on the ac its too fast, when its not on aca its too slow.....

no middle ground!

hmm ok, try getting the battery to full then starting it while on AC, im not sure how it worked but it did when on cricket 2004, soz i cant be any more help

I'd suggest that your laptop has a Processor stepping functionality? There should be a way to turn it off. On my old laptop there was an icon in the system tray (next to the clock) that controlled how the stepping worked, maybe have a look there.

all ive got there, is my ATI (graphics) and quick time

damn, looks bad for me......

I hate ATI chips in laptop. I've also encountered the same problem in one of my friends' Laptops. Not just that but lots of other serious graphical problems including "Blue screen of death" with ATI chips. And I don;t have any stable solution to this problem right now.
Nvidia rules even if expensive!!!

I play Cricket 2005 on a 3Ghz Intel Pentium 4 HP laptop with a Radeon Mobility 9600 graphics card (128Mb VRAM) and 512Mb RAM, and it works beautifully...no glitches at all...in fact, I don't have a problem with my ATI card with any game I have.

Users who are viewing this thread