Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
If not everything is possible, the man is on a mission now. Realises that the game is missing things, says the patches are going to come in regularly. Also watch out for new patch guys... Seems like he mentioned there is one coming tonight

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@stevie I'm so confused as to how the sliders work, do some change during a game? or do they all change only when a new game starts? or do some change during and some only when you start new match?

Can you set bowling to hardest and change "Ideal Release Window Size" & "Ideal Foot Plant Release" to 100 and see if it changes it... But I feel like modification to the bowling hud should happen during the game, it did in AC17 :/

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not being Negative nazi here, but this C22 is giving me the same vibe of DBC 17. Like after a fantastic DBC 14, we had similar high expectations and we bought that on launch day only to find bugs, BA diligently helped us with constant support and yet, we kept praying for something better which came eventually in the form of Ashes Cricket. I was one of those believer to buy C22. Bought it on launch day and then, constant crashes (along with other meh! aspects) made me return it. I'll still keeping a close eye on C22 development and may buy in 2 months but all of a sudden Ashes Cricket feels an amazing experience than this one and even C19!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Punk_Sk8r @Rumple43 - it would seem some sliders (like pitch bounce) don't have an effect on an already started match. I just restarted my England v NZ match and zero pitch bounce is now definitely having an effect. :D View attachment 258644
Zero bounce was easily one of the funniest sliders I tested haha

Spin drift was another. At 100/100 it is absolutely wild!

I assume you changed that slider during a game and saw zero difference, then this was the result once you started again? If so, that is awesome intel.

Obviously if any kind of pitch wear slider set is created, it often needs a change to sliders on each day to show wear. If sliders have zero impact unless you start a new game, that's kind of a killer.

graham

Club Captain
Getting annoyed sitting here with game disk ps5
Version , and it will not start just says
“Can’t start the game or app”
Reloaded it , got latest update but still not been able to play this game .
csn anyone helppppp please

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Getting annoyed sitting here with game disk ps5
Version , and it will not start just says
“Can’t start the game or app”
Reloaded it , got latest update but still not been able to play this game .
csn anyone helppppp please
Is the disc damaged at all

graham

Club Captain
Is the disc damaged at all
No checked and cleaned. when I first got loaded game did Tutorial which was bugged , so thought wait to play after todays patch and the damn game won’t play
Post automatically merged:

As shown here

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Not being Negative nazi here, but this C22 is giving me the same vibe of DBC 17. Like after a fantastic DBC 14, we had similar high expectations and we bought that on launch day only to find bugs, BA diligently helped us with constant support and yet, we kept praying for something better which came eventually in the form of Ashes Cricket. I was one of those believer to buy C22. Bought it on launch day and then, constant crashes (along with other meh! aspects) made me return it. I'll still keeping a close eye on C22 development and may buy in 2 months but all of a sudden Ashes Cricket feels an amazing experience than this one and even C19!

Agree that DBC14 still great but what Ashes Cricket did you play because the one we got on launch and even months after was a bit iffy I mean the time I played it I could only play ODI games due to the fact that in tests you could never get edges or wickets and then add stuff like the double ball bug etc

I tried AC17 again this week and idk if it got patched but I'm now not even able to get wickets in ODI games. Also even on release ODI were the better option but still suffered from some obvious scripting. Example; I'd always get nicks for first 10 overs when bowling then nothing until the last 5 or 10....

I legit feel like DBC14 + fearsome tweak is the only game that feels good (didn't try 19, should I?)

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
@stevie I'm so confused as to how the sliders work, do some change during a game? or do they all change only when a new game starts? or do some change during and some only when you start new match?

Can you set bowling to hardest and change "Ideal Release Window Size" & "Ideal Foot Plant Release" to 100 and see if it changes it... But I feel like modification to the bowling hud should happen during the game, it did in AC17 :/

It does appear some sliders work in a match and some don't. Bowling speed sliders had an effect, but pitch bounce didn't. I'll keep fiddling and see which physics sliders actually do stuff in an active match. I may get round to testing timing windows and such. My time is a little limited due to some health stuff, but I'm happy to test what I can.

I assume you changed that slider during a game and saw zero difference, then this was the result once you started again? If so, that is awesome intel.

Correct. I changed it back to 50 in the game where 0 worked and nothing changed. It also appears to not change if you save and exit and then load again. The behaviour remains the same as it was at the start of the match.

swagat das

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
After patch and now game is not crashing anymore and fixed lil bit issue that we were facing. I am loving this game, and yes i am loving the career mode as well. Yes i am little bit disappointed by the same fielding issue like C19 but still if BA is addressing and fixing it then it’s a very positive thing. And also because of covid and lockdown they were not able to do the playface of NZ players and some other players and ross said they will fix that afterwards and it is totally fine. I can wait until that. I am enjoying the game that’s what i want. I am not sure but is ross said we can transfer academy creations next week?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Agree that DBC14 still great but what Ashes Cricket did you play because the one we got on launch and even months after was a bit iffy I mean the time I played it I could only play ODI games due to the fact that in tests you could never get edges or wickets and then add stuff like the double ball bug etc

I tried AC17 again this week and idk if it got patched but I'm now not even able to get wickets in ODI games. Also even on release ODI were the better option but still suffered from some obvious scripting. Example; I'd always get nicks for first 10 overs when bowling then nothing until the last 5 or 10....

I legit feel like DBC14 + fearsome tweak is the only game that feels good (didn't try 19, should I?)
I'd say if didn't, do try C19. I'm currently playing AC17 (had my fill of C19 a lot lately). Somehow I began to like it. The players have weight. The sound of the leather meeting the willow... Tiny cutscenes of every players between deliveries, different celebrations, batsmen's disbelief of getting a golden duck.. feeling so satisfying really! playing on Legend, Hard and Hardest. Let's wait for C22 patches... If Ross stands on his promises, may be we can get some great updates before Omicron cages us again

Last edited:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
It does appear some sliders work in a match and some don't. Bowling speed sliders had an effect, but pitch bounce didn't. I'll keep fiddling and see which physics sliders actually do stuff in an active match. I may get round to testing timing windows and such. My time is a little limited due to some health stuff, but I'm happy to test what I can.

Correct. I changed it back to 50 in the game where 0 worked and nothing changed. It also appears to not change if you save and exit and then load again. The behaviour remains the same as it was at the start of the match.

To quote my own message, it's a mess. I messed with pitch bounce and pitch friction some more in a match. Sometimes it has an effect and sometimes it doesn't. Now my pitch bounce is closer to what I had prior to putting it to 0, even though it's back at 0 now. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread