Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although they would still say 'early game' footage, I honestly don't know how much we can expect to be finetuned/tweaked after this, given its only like 14 days from now.

Main concerning thing for me is the 'slide away' of batsman to connect shots and as of right now animations especially bowling looking a bit jittered.

On a good note, that picture in picture gives a throwback to old games..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Although they would still say 'early game' footage, I honestly don't know how much we can expect to be finetuned/tweaked after this, given its only like 14 days from now.

Main concerning thing for me is the 'slide away' of batsman to connect shots and as of right now animations especially bowling looking a bit jittered.

On a good note, that picture in picture gives a throwback to old games..
Yeah agreed on the picture-in-picture thing.. Sliding away in nets happens for a few shots for sure especially if the ball is in like full or yorker length and the batsman has to slide away to make the connection.. Another one is short ball where the game tried to connect the ball coming outside off to pull it towards square leg.. I really really hope they look into it to make the batsman just hold the stance regardless of the shot he/she plays.

D

Deleted member 185125

Yeah agreed on the picture-in-picture thing.. Sliding away in nets happens for a few shots for sure especially if the ball is in like full or yorker length and the batsman has to slide away to make the connection.. Another one is short ball where the game tried to connect the ball coming outside off to pull it towards square leg.. I really really hope they look into it to make the batsman just hold the stance regardless of the shot he/she plays.
So shot selection should result in bad or ok and the batsman should end up missing or edging it? Or you suggesting new animations to be added?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
make the batsman just hold the stance regardless of the shot he/she plays.
And by doing so, there will be numerous modes of dismissals (LBWs, various edges, batpads) coming into play regardless of whether I timed it 'ideal' or not.

All we are crying out here is that the game just has to fine tune these small tweaks and it'd be near Perfect simulation of the sport.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
So shot selection should result in bad or ok and the batsman should end up missing or edging it? Or you suggesting new animations to be added?
No animation additions because we have good amount of those in the game now.. We just should be punished for not playing a proper shot.. Ball on leg swinging into right and you try playing cover or off drive it must hit the legs not connect unless he plays leg side shots.. They can do it for sure but I just dont know why they always lack somewhere even when they have sooo many positive stuff in batting..

I mean I have had moments where I literally got owned by Anderson's inswing getting bowled or LBW in nets.. And there are moments where he slides away just to connect a shot which he should be missing..

Another thing I dont understand at all is the Footwork angle that is right according to the game, because for a cover drive I just try to replicate real life footwork angle like foot to the line and cover the angle with ball lean in and then drive but the game says the footwork is either poor or ok.. So something is definitely off in the background of how the shot should be working or what a proper shot is. Unless they get a timing feedback system that is dependable I doubt we can go out of this slide away issue.. Because according to me timing takes the priority and not the position of the player, whether the player can reach or not, then with the bounce in the pitch can it connect with front or back foot, height of the batsman, the animation style they have and the stance they are taking all these have to be considered.

Why this frustrates me is even this time they have got sooooo many shot responses so damn realistic but its not complete.. Its just a loop that carries on game after game I feel..
Post automatically merged:

And by doing so, there will be numerous modes of dismissals (LBWs, various edges, batpads) coming into play regardless of whether I timed it 'ideal' or not.

All we are crying out here is that the game just has to fine tune these small tweaks and it'd be near Perfect simulation of the sport.
Absolutely true..

painter321

School Cricketer
They just need to get career mode stuff right as it looks like they have done a great job with respect to animations.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
New Fine Career mode is awaiting feature for cricket 2022

painter321

School Cricketer
With respect to positioning and timing factor I think on higher difficulties and if you place the footwork slider to hundred should solve the auto sliding issue.

DBC 14 had this but it was damn difficult game for batting.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
With respect to positioning and timing factor I think on higher difficulties and if you place the footwork slider to hundred should solve the auto sliding issue.
If that was the case we would've set it to 105 :D sadly it doesn't

painter321

School Cricketer
More aggression in bowling animation will be great currently it looks like they are just doing the net practice with 50% intensity.

If that was the case we would've set it to 105 :D sadly it doesn't
Well in DBC14 it was impossible to touch the ball if your positioning is not good no matter how good you have timed the ball.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
More aggression in bowling animation will be great currently it looks like they are just doing the net practice with 50% intensity.

Well in DBC14 it was impossible to touch the ball if your positioning is not good no matter how good you have timed the ball.
I wish dbc14 was damn difficult for batting, can you tell me how to make it harder to bat, except for lowering batting skills.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Have you played on legend difficulty?
Tried everything with difficulty, AI bowling skills and batting skills. The thing is AI doesn't change the bowling pace much even with higher bowling skills. Legendary is easy after a while can loft the ball easily

Users who are viewing this thread