Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I think Bajo played PC version. I did see cursor on the screen then and there. Even when the very first video came out, it looked bad but with the nets it was better. Maybe these videos were made sometime back and they are just loading it out with some interval? But I guess we need a live gameplay...maybe IGN or something that Ross mentioned about press peeps taking live action?

And with DBC14, it gets easier with any difficulty if you get used to it. Thats what makes it unique. Once you progress in career mode, you can change the difficulty. That was totally worth it.

kiron189

School Cricketer
Where is that first slip is going to? weird just like Cricket 19 wicket keeper.Is he going to Dubai to watch T20 World cup semifinal?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 75

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
But we have gym training mode included before AI gameplay.
Figured I'd take a moment to explain some of the thinking here.

The DBC14 style of career skill progression that a lot of people liked had a major flaw in that the only way you could get good at something was to do it repeatedly in match, which would likely have meant getting out more or bowling worse, which would impact your selection. Adding the Gym among other things lets you then create a more fully rounded way of handling how a career player develops, you can just play the matches and ignore it all, but you can also use it to offset and work on your weaknesses in case you get stuck and can't get up to the next level.

As much as gameplay is the nuts and bolts of how the AI play, gameplay is also about what the experience is for the person playing. Feeling like you are stuck at a particular point of your career and facing massive grinding in club matches for years on end is just as bad of a gameplay experience as some other issues people raise.

The other aspect is marketing, while it's very much outside things I deal with, I'd suggest it's very hard to start a sales pitch with "this thing was busted". So we're not going to make a trailer showing off fielders throwing with their dominant arm, we're just going to fix that issue, and see if people notice it when they get their hands on the game. On the other hand, if there's a new thing you can go do, like a mechanic in game, or new cutscenes, it's very easy to convey that stuff to someone in a video. A lot of the improvements to gameplay are things you'll just have to play, or have other people you trust play and review it, so it's something that's harder to have at the forefront of promotional stuff.

gunit123

County Cricketer

The DBC14 style of career skill progression that a lot of people liked had a major flaw in that the only way you could get good at something was to do it repeatedly in match, which would likely have meant getting out more or bowling worse, which would impact your selection. Adding the Gym among other things lets you then create a more fully rounded way of handling how a career player develops, you can just play the matches and ignore it all, but you can also use it to offset and work on your weaknesses in case you get stuck and can't get up to the next level.

As much as gameplay is the nuts and bolts of how the AI play, gameplay is also about what the experience is for the person playing. Feeling like you are stuck at a particular point of your career and facing massive grinding in club matches for years on end is just as bad of a gameplay experience as some other issues people raise.

The other aspect is marketing, while it's very much outside things I deal with, I'd suggest it's very hard to start a sales pitch with "this thing was busted". So we're not going to make a trailer showing off fielders throwing with their dominant arm, we're just going to fix that issue, and see if people notice it when they get their hands on the game. On the other hand, if there's a new thing you can go do, like a mechanic in game, or new cutscenes, it's very easy to convey that stuff to someone in a video. A lot of the improvements to gameplay are things you'll just have to play, or have other people you trust play and review it, so it's something that's harder to have at the forefront of promotional stuff.
Thanks @MattW - looking forward to further promotional material.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

So the career mode is better than DBC14? Sounds great to hear. Thanks for the news.

The anxious wait to get the hands on the game is tangible here in the forums. So next time Bigants may consider announcing the release date 2 weeks before.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer

This is why in career mode there could be the option to have it dynamic or just stay on the skill level set.
On a different note would it be possible to implement a live calendar of cricket fixtures on a given day so for example today i would click on the t 20 semi final and if the relavant teams/stadium had not been already downloaded they would be fetched from the academy in a similar way to tournament venues are downloaded in ao tennis 2
Also please can there not be a limit on logos/bats etc .If this is not possible then at least a user friendly filing system to make for easy deletion.
Finally a personal bug bear of mine though no one else might be fussed by it is the almost/no catch cheering of the crowd it seems that everytime ball goes to hand the crowd cheers as if its a catch.
looking forward to the 25th.Hopefully steam can go live 12am locally or even better 12 am oz time rather than having to wait for 12am new York.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
After seeing Starc's action , I would really love to face his deadly yorkers because they are hard to get away this time around..

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Someone posted here that, when Australia exit from T20 WC, BA will push promotion videos, details of the game more... May be somehow seem like that is ture... May be we see more detail of the game when WC is over...

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After seeing Starc's action , I would really love to face his deadly yorkers because they are hard to get away this time around..
But I feel Yorkers (blue marker) balls are easy one to hit in Cricket 19. Hope Yorkers are relatively hard to hit for boundary in cricket 22.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What's amused me is all the discussion on here is about what's not in the video rather than what is (aside from trying to spot tiny little changes). Makes me wonder whether the target audience for promotional material like this isn't people who pre-ordered the first opportunity.

I for one think the TFUE (is that what he called it?) sounds great. I've seen people struggle with and give up on the game because the controls can be quite daunting for new users.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread