jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Guys,
Can someone tell me if the career mode has got any improvements with respect to additional gaming experience like
1. Warm-up games before tours?
2. Are World Cups happening in different countries across the years instead of the same in England?
In Cricket 22, 50 World Cups always happen in England and T20 World Cup in Australia, every time it should be in a new country.
3. Wicketkeepers have unnatural diving, taking unrealistic catches even which are not in reach of them.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi Guys,
Can someone tell me if the career mode has got any improvements with respect to additional gaming experience like
2. Are World Cups happening in different countries across the years instead of the same in England?
In Cricket 22, 50 World Cups always happen in England and T20 World Cup in Australia, every time it should be in a new country.
3. Wicketkeepers have unnatural diving, taking unrealistic catches even which are not in reach of them.
its EXACTLY the same as C22

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi Guys,
It's the same as Cricket 22 but this time you can choose teams like Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Ireland etc. The gym mini game is now gone (To be honest I don't care anyway as it got boring after a while).

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I saw YouTube video of Twistie ranking system is added there in Career Mode it shows there Don't know how much effective it is or will be when you play for national team

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the responses, @MattW can you please look into fixing the issue?

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Played my first game of county cricket. Defended 6 balls in an over that didn’t get off the pitch. The game registered each one as a boundary.

£50….
Its just dog muck it really is. Sorry to hear it mate.

Breviityy

School Cricketer
So we’re all starting careers in the same boat; our player is anywhere from 10 to 20 rated and absolutely suck even amongst their (terrible) peers. I don’t have a problem with the low overall, but why SO low as to not even compete with any of his/her teammates? I’m really meant to believe this player can go on to the top level? Come on.

It must be a bug rather than intentional right? Hence the issues with the perks? A top order batter with 0 running speed, 0 attack, etc. Is this the first time they’ve picked up a bat in their entire life? It just doesn’t make sense. What’s everyone’s thoughts

Cheers all.

DougyMac81

School Cricketer
So we’re all starting careers in the same boat; our player is anywhere from 10 to 20 rated and absolutely suck even amongst their (terrible) peers. I don’t have a problem with the low overall, but why SO low as to not even compete with any of his/her teammates? I’m really meant to believe this player can go on to the top level? Come on.

It must be a bug rather than intentional right? Hence the issues with the perks? A top order batter with 0 running speed, 0 attack, etc. Is this the first time they’ve picked up a bat in their entire life? It just doesn’t make sense. What’s everyone’s thoughts

Cheers all.
I agree absolute joke career player should start club cricket at 16 equal to a batter in the top 6 and equal to the fast bowlers or spinner in all-rounder or top batsman if bat top bowler as a bowler

sphanlon

School Cricketer
Has anybody started a career to play on a minor national team? Are you given the opportunity to qualify for all the major odi and t20 tournaments? Is there a path to test status is you're not a test nation already?

ashk102

School Cricketer
Hi Guys,
Hi so I bought cricket 24 yesterday for PC. Since I bought it on steam I wanted to try a few things in 2 hours so I could evaluate if I should keep the game or apply for a refund.

So I started a career mode as an existing player to sim through several years and see what happens. I picked virat kohli and made the selection difficulty as easiest so he always stays selected.

Here is what I learnt:

T20 WC - there is one every 2 years in that 2 pool format. The format doesn't change however, the host and fixtures do. Which honestly made me jump up and down. The first two take place as planned in real life in the Caribbean and in America. Which shocked me but from there on in I seen Sri Lankan stadiums and Kiwi stadiums hosting the tournament in the next 2 WC's. I was over the moon with this honestly. The fixtures seem to get new qualificants so you will probably play the same team in your pool 3/4 times but I got Qatar after 3 WC's instead of Zimbabwe. That was fun!

50 over WC - Happens in the same format every 4 years. The hosts and fixtures DO change. Again made me jump up and down in happiness. The 9 fixtures change in order and new qualificants come in like Zimbabwe came in for Netherlands in the 2027 version for me. New Zealand hosted it which was amazing too.

General fixture list - I can't say there was much randomness here to me it looked like 22 where it was the same fixtures happening in a cyclical manner. However, one huge positive for all the Indian and Pakistani supporters is that the two sides meet in a bilateral series both home and away. Which looked mega fun!

Bugs - To me maybe because there has been about 8 patches since it's release, the game felt immensely stable. I have not reported this ever in a big ant game but I have now tried a bunch of different things over the last 11 hours and it hasn't crashed a single time. The downloads seem a lot quicker than before. The searching community seems a lot quicker. The stadium editor loaded faster than ever for me. However, there are some unusual things:

- all edited players look the same. Their eyes are the exact same it doesn't seem to change whatever you do
- normal career mode with a created player even in the easiest selection difficulty takes way longer now
- despite the community creating RCB and CSK the two missing IPL teams I can't seem to add them to the actual tournament list of teams. No edit tournament button. Which would be awesome. The community did such an unbelievable job of creating these two teams.
- the community again does a brilliant job of creating missing international teams but the logos at times don't show up or the download needs to happen again.
- leg side shots are still underpowered

Gameplay - it is largely the same except fielding. Which is a lot better imo apart from some tiny errors. The throws are a lot quicker. Making it more realistic.

Small tiny additions -
- it vibrates when the match is loaded to play.
- there are test, odi and t20 rankings for teams
- the added players look great
- I can now see other tournament stats, like tournaments I am not involved in. But it is currently happening tournaments only. Request to keep the history. That would be awesome.

I decided to keep the game. I also don't have a life though so if you guys have 1 of those maybe go enjoy life instead but for people like me this game should be an ok upgrade to replace life with for a while.

Let me know if you guys want me to test anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread