Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Guys tell me your thoughts on this.. Does game release day sales matters like it does for movies or is there like a period they wait for to see whether the game has done well or not? Because if it's a period of time after release then promotion very close to release doesn't matter as people who would want to play a cricket game would get the latest game recommended on YouTube or in the online stores..

Guys tell me your thoughts on this.. Does game release day sales matters like it does for movies or is there like a period they wait for to see whether the game has done well or not? Because if it's a period of time after release then promotion very close to release doesn't matter as people who would want to play a cricket game would get the latest game recommended on YouTube or in the online stores..

To be honest I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with tailors and screenshots. Pretty much never tells you much about the game.

Answer to your question is there's prob short term and long term targets.

Movies have a limited release window at cinemas, that's why opening week numbers are so important because it's an indicator of whether it'll make a profit.

To be honest I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with tailors and screenshots. Pretty much never tells you much about the game.

Answer to your question is there's prob short term and long term targets.

I am also pretty sure tailors never tell anything about a game. But we are nevertheless obsessed with them. Unless one is a woke nudist who believes clothing to be somehow offensive.

Also last time they even had net practice, screenshot, promo videos etc... it all feels good up to release date, but after how it goes, we all know... I just want a good cricket game for my money, i don't care there promotion tactics, there business etc...

The game could very well be an updated and polished version of Cricket 22 with major licences. If that's the case then trailers and screenshot can definitely be turnoffs. Remember the backlash NBA 2K got between 2K18-2K20?
So BA might be waiting for the release week to showcase and build the hype.

Last edited:
The game could very well be an updated and polished version of Cricket 22 with major licences. If that's the case then trailers and screenshot can definitely be turnoffs. Remember the backlash NBA 2K got between 2K18-2K20?
So BA might be waiting for the release week to showcase and build the hype.
Release week is not too far either now anyway.

Depends on the game. A lot of the indies are famous for having long legs because their quality is known by word of mouth. But for the most part I reckon the bulk of sales are in the first week to month for games on average from what I remember of a study done. It’s also why some developers are resorting to not renew their DRM protection after an extended period of time/let go of DRM protection.

For a cricket game the tie in with a big tv event is huge.

The cricket die hards will buy the game whenever it releases but casual gamers might only get the urge if they've been primed by some exposure to tv cricket.

On the other hand, it means a big tourny can potentially bump sales even if the game has been out for a while - that must have been the thinking this year in fact : get the game out for the Ashes and then get another bump from the WC a few months later.

For a cricket game the tie in with a big tv event is huge.

The cricket die hards will buy the game whenever it releases but casual gamers might only get the urge if they've been primed by some exposure to tv cricket.

On the other hand, it means a big tourny can potentially bump sales even if the game has been out for a while - that must have been the thinking this year in fact : get the game out for the Ashes and then get another bump from the WC a few months later.

No doubt that using the WC as a second wind was the plan with maybe some additional licensed content in the form of DLC like it happened for Cricket 19 around this time. I’m not even sure if cricket fanatics will be buying the game up this time since from what I know BA doesn’t have as much of a fanbase that sticks by them in cricket compared to other sports (a large contingent of FIFA players don’t play any other game, they buy it annually and spend on Ultimate Team instead)… I may be mistaken but I don’t see the signs for it especially if they’re saying the PC version is a loss maker and their ploy of pricing it cheaper in India didn’t work out in the manner they expected.

Agreed trailers and screenshot don't tell much about the game, but if trailers and screenshots are good it can urge a few thousand fans around the world to buy it on first week without any reviews.
And if the game turns out to be really good, those few thousand fans will give positive reviews and that can promote the sales of the game even more.

Agreed trailers and screenshot don't tell much about the game, but if trailers and screenshots are good it can urge a few thousand fans around the world to buy it on first week without any reviews.
And if the game turns out to be really good, those few thousand fans will give positive reviews and that can promote the sales of the game even more.
Your point is good... but why should we think about sales??? What benefits we gets from that?...

Your point is good... but why should we think about sales??? What benefits we gets from that?...
what benefits then EA can also think about cricket game or codmaster company and Bigant can work with more intrest on cricket and thats how we can get perfect cricket game ! thats our benefit bro !

Users who are viewing this thread