Cricket 24 - General Discussion

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With the way you have hit sixes to the same stand over and over.. I think audience would wanna swap stands than the fielders changing positions..

I will Love If you make a Video on this, Test as Arcade mode ---- How to make Test Playable like real or Glitches fielding not changing according to game situation

I will create a support ticket also to make them aware this is biggest issue. even on Hard batting Mode

Nard2020

Club Captain
I am not sure that is the case. It couldnt have been avoided in my opinion. It is part of their ethos it seems: lets see how much we can get away with. If they released in three weeks it would be the same mess it was. The fact that there was so much negativity and input from people with knowledge of what is letting the game down has forced them to get there finger out and improve things.

I don't think we should underestimate the input the beta testers post release are having on the improvements to the game. They are on loop in their ears telling them what needs to happen to make the game better.

Its like a lazy cook: all the ingredients are there but couldn't be arsed so half baked the cake. Now the people who are eating the cake are telling them: back in the kitchen and bake the effing thing properly!

Something like that.:rolleyes:rolleyes

I will add that I do think there are some passionate and caring developers involved with the game, probably the vast majority. I know @MattW is genuinly passionate about getting the dream cricket game. But there are constraints from a higher level that are in my opinion counterproductive to the creative process. I know nothing about this of course and it is based on nothing than my own flawed perspective but that is the way it seems to me after watching from afar and being involved in beta processes right up to Cricket 22 which I left because of the way things were being done and especially the way that developers would get angry because you pointed out faults in their work. I called out right at the beginning of Cricket 22 that it was basically a copy paste job. Remember then that the big selling point was the overhauled fielding. Sound familiar?
There’s no doubt that many of the team are passionate about these sports, just as there is no doubt that there is unrealistic expectations and pressure from the higher level (on both sides). But at some point something has to give…..game after game the same thing is happening, and none of these games every real end up as masterpieces (even after the endless patches).

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The game right now is playing fantastic in test match mode.

I changed the names and skills of the Bangladesh team and created my own team of my friends/ current team mates.

Started a world test championship simmed the first round England India had close results. Pakistan flogged West Indies.

Second round I’ve gone to my game which is against Pakistan and I’ve chosen my home ground as Marvel.

Dry deck day 4 pitch heavy cracks to start to see how it played.
New ball is challenging Afridi and Hasan Ali doing plenty with it but the fields they have set have made sense. Afridi removed one opener by setting virtually everyone on the off side aside from fine leg. He gave me nothing to work to leg and eventually I was caught at short cover smart catch.

Hasan Ali bowled my other opener as per the video above, he bowled out swing after our swing then the old in swing trick which I left and it clipped the top of off stump. It was awesome to see the stump stay in the ground and just bent back slightly.

2/18 off 7 overs until I started to get some shots away and currently sit at 2/38 off 15 overs. It’s been very tough to score.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
So it takes them an age to get the game playable, and then we are only allowed to use it for a finite time...
to be fair all their cricket games are still playable.... since the first one, im sure (I hope) if they gonna shut down a server they **may** patch the online login out

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Spent last 2 days (when it was functional) trying AI at different levels and got to say the best game I’ve had was AI at rookie the plays and misses and wickets I got were brilliant including lots of slip catches bowled Aus out for 237 they started off at 1 an over but picked up the pace after 15 overs. Felt good not sure if AI at rookie means they bowl bad not got to that stage yet

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Spent last 2 days (when it was functional) trying AI at different levels and got to say the best game I’ve had was AI at rookie the plays and misses and wickets I got were brilliant including lots of slip catches bowled Aus out for 237 they started off at 1 an over but picked up the pace after 15 overs. Felt good not sure if AI at rookie means they bowl bad not got to that stage yet

Hence my thoughts of the AI always being over skilled and too powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread