Cricket 24 - General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does here refer to the Pakistan tour of Australia in December? Looks like history repeats itself yet again with licensed content not being fully fleshed out at the time of release but this has been an issue in FIFA too.
I personally am fine with that, but can have different views.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Well very disappointed by the fact that even the Hud remains the same. You guys are the ones who used to tell us different teams work on different things. I mean someone among you could have put up your hand and said you need to change the score hud. I am not going to buy C24 unless it looks new and has some good features in it. Again I hope you guys have D/L method in a "Cricket Simulation". Since DBC 14 I have purchased all the games on day 1 but not this time!
Rather have a new score hud and the same in game menu which I spend little time on maybe 2/3 minutes and then hours playing the game. It’s madness I’d love to know how many have been working on it

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is the final tweet I am posting of Ross for the day, as don't want to make this thread all about tweets

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
Does here refer to the Pakistan tour of Australia in December? Looks like history repeats itself yet again with licensed content not being fully fleshed out at the time of release but this has been an issue in FIFA too.
Interesting to see they have gone the Konami PES route for IPL licenses. They are in talks with CSK and RCB to get them onboard.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Think Matt said the theme stuff. The different colour menus

The different loading screens were nice in Cricket 19 but if I had to choose between that or getting a revamp of the match scorecard I’d rather have the latter. I suppose others may have a different preference though and with this would rather want the ability to choose between having their favourite IPL star in the front screen.

Yet again though the priority here seems to be towards making the licensed content appeal more rather than a more fundamental experience…

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
In for free oh wow how generous of them
All things aside, they do get charged for licenses so it is generous of them to give 2 additional and perhaps two of the most expensive teams in the world for free.

I will not rely on BA's marketing material, I will wait for people to buy the game and give their honest review + see their videos to judge it myelf.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rather have a new score hud and the same in game menu which I spend little time on maybe 2/3 minutes and then hours playing the game. It’s madness I’d love to know how many have been working on it
I really wanna know what everyone at Big Ant smokes

Bevab

Staff Member
I personally am fine with that, but can have different views.

I don’t have a big issue with it either but I’d imagine some of the Pakistani fans would feel very differently about it especially if they’re told this via a tweet on the eve of release day… it just goes back to how shoddily the entire marketing campaign has gone.

Interesting to see they have gone the Konami PES route for IPL licenses. They are in talks with CSK and RCB to get them onboard.

I don’t really remember PES adding in newly licensed content after release in the form of teams but I could be wrong as it’s been ages since I last played a release of theirs.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Don't get me wrong.. I couldn't care less what "theme" the menus are.

I'd choose new HUD's all day any day of the week. Seems a little odd that they were decided against as it's something you see the whole time playing.

Atmosphere is my big one. I really really hope the crowd cheer when a wicket falls. It's borderline pathetic in 22. You get a yeaaaaah from the players.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far, I know there's a lot of posts tagging me to try and reply, but I will just comment in general on some of the things mentioned. I really am not in a position to speak for Big Ant, so I'm always very cautious about what I post on here, as many seem to interpret anything I post as a company line, it really isn't.

I can first point out and confirm the day one build numbers, you can see the build numbers on the main menu (the final 4 digits) - including in some of the photographs posted.
PS4 1412/1413 (depending on region), PS5 1414, Xbox One 1338, Xbox Series 1339, Steam 1415.

Due to processes the Xbox is slightly behind the other platforms at launch, however we intend to synchronise them with an update early next week.

I know people hear it a lot and think it's a bit of a cliche, but the development process means many improvements require a lot of work on the foundations before they can fully shine - content that has been worked on for months and months in the lead up completes final approvals and polish after the points where deadlines are for getting discs made, the nature of cricket as a year round sport is that the timeframes can vary wildly.

That's true even between the builds you're watching being played and the builds you'll play from launch day onward. I suppose one example of that, the statistics update pass was left as late as possible to make it as up to date at launch as it can be.

There's a good chunk of feedback in the thread that is already addressed in the day one build, but once people have had their hands on it, we'll be looking to take that on board.

One I suppose I'll comment on that you've seen from the videos isn't there is a hud update. We have a refresh designed and planned from the graphical design standpoint, just it's one of those things where people have polar opposite opinions. Some view a change like that as just a "coat of paint" and we should focus on more important improvements, and then the opposite view is the idea that the game is the 'same' because a visual aspect remained unchanged. It was a coin flip in terms of priorities, it landed on putting other UI changes above it in terms of the coding - so you got stuff like the different frontend themes, which a lot of players appreciated in Cricket 19, as well as a lot of changes to the other screens that make up the in game UI.

I know there's some strong critics in the thread, even if you're someone not convinced on day one, I hope there's stuff you'll see as people get the game, or if need be through post release updates that change your mind. I hope we can make even our harshest critics happy over time.
Good post Matt. Appreciate you taking the time. Lets hope it can indeed please even the most critical in terms of gameplay.

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
If I buy it,im definitely getting it on ps5,looks like Xbox are way behind again,which is the norm for bigant.

Bevab

Staff Member
Don't get me wrong.. I couldn't care less what "theme" the menus are.

I'd choose new HUD's all day any day of the week. Seems a little odd that they were decided against as it's something you see the whole time playing.

Atmosphere is my big one. I really really hope the crowd cheer when a wicket falls. It's borderline pathetic in 22. You get a yeaaaaah from the players.

It’s just a matter of priorities as I said. We’ve never had a retro overlay or scorecards… or even the ability to mod in one in the last few games have we? Or even multiple scorecards? Where as we’re getting different themes now… I did say that it would be aimed at getting the IPL fanatics in but I’m not even sure if all of the IPL teams they have will be covered at release with the theming… that’s the amount of faith I’ve lost in them.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
NACON should absolutely catch all the flak for this shambles of a marketing campaign they’ve done. There hasn’t been a single thing from their effort that has been positive other than the screenshots which were also released with three days to release. I’m not sure who is more to blame for it though, the publisher for the lack of effort or the devs for not making a product that maybe was not worth the effort?
I dont think NACON should catch all the flak. They just saw what happened with AFL, they know BA's history now and even I would be a bit skeptical. Also they have played and seen the game, they might be not to confident and just want to rely on marketing of luck which is World Cup. Imagine if this was a year with no world cup, they would not been able to spread this game out as much.

I would put 100% blame on BA as they have become notorious enough to not release a 100%. According to some users on X AFL still has the career mode that has been downsized while the Pro Team mode, modeled after the popular FIFA Ultimate Team mode with trading cards, is missing completely. Xbox game released in September instead of May, these are signs publishers do not like and wont bet on marketing if things go wrong. Publishers are always losing money the most no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread