Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheers fellas. May look to get it then if I could scrounge up the cash for it.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Trying to play for the first time in a while and cant...as the servers seem down.

Anyone else same issue?

BA really do themselves no favours at times.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yes...so long as you don't have a short leg fielder

Given I mostly play white ball games that wouldn’t be an issue I suppose.

Bevab

Staff Member
Also dont mind restarting constantly due to stupid run outs...

It plays ok now but still some mad moments they really ought to be sorting.

Bit weird that this still is a thing, I remember doing it on Ashes Cricket too.

I've not edited any skills for the teams I've shared on Cricket 24.

Does this mean your teams have the same rating disparity issues due to the perks still being “in the game” that others are complaining of?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Bit weird that this still is a thing, I remember doing it on Ashes Cricket too.

Does this mean your teams have the same rating disparity issues due to the perks still being “in the game” that others are complaining of?
Don't know if it's purely the perks, some of the ratings on this game are bizarre (like Chris Woakes, has about the same batting skills points as Crawley and Hetymer, and more than Marcus Harris and Will Young).

Of course, most people only look at the OVR rating which is quite misleading. My Steve Smith on Cricket 22 has a total of 1003 skill points. The default one on Cricket 24 has 1175. (see below for a fresh discovery about this)

Teams I shared on Cricket 22, which are on the academy, will be rated using DJM :lol. So, Harry Brook probably won't be a better bowler than Ollie Robinson, but they seem to be higher than those on C24 (I don't know how much of a difference that actually makes). Most of those teams are somewhat out of date but, in the case of the county teams, more up to date than the defaults on C24.

Unfortunately, Cricket 26 would probably be out by the time I managed to get through everything to similar level as what I did on C22. I've shared India, South Africa and Bangladesh on Cricket 24 with some playfaces too. I did start Sri Lanka but I couldn't be arsed finishing the WC jersey and they will no doubt have a new kit next time they are allowed to take the field.

---
So I just searched on the academy for my Steve Smith (from Cricket 22, I've not shared him on Cricket 24) and he has the skills on the Cricket 24 version. So, maybe the skills are locked or old ones overwritten? I dunno.

Then I looked at Rohit Sharma. The one I shared with the India team (that I didn't edit) is differently rated than the one I have on the game now. But also, the old one I shared from Cricket 22, has higher ratings, when the original share has lowest skill points. Maybe they were updated somehow, but I don't know what's going on. Maybe I've been sleep-editing :lol

Edit - could be perks and proficiencies have changed and have some effect on player skills, but I'm guessing here.

Rohit in my game
1701279192068.png
Rohit shared under my ID
1701279199435.png
My Cricket 22 Rohit, which no longer has those skills on the academy.
1701279208158.png

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Don't know if it's purely the perks, some of the ratings on this game are bizarre (like Chris Woakes, has about the same batting skills points as Crawley and Hetymer, and more than Marcus Harris and Will Young).

Of course, most people only look at the OVR rating which is quite misleading. My Steve Smith on Cricket 22 has a total of 1003 skill points. The default one on Cricket 24 has 1175. (see below for a fresh discovery about this)

Teams I shared on Cricket 22, which are on the academy, will be rated using DJM :lol. So, Harry Brook probably won't be a better bowler than Ollie Robinson, but they seem to be higher than those on C24 (I don't know how much of a difference that actually makes). Most of those teams are somewhat out of date but, in the case of the county teams, more up to date than the defaults on C24.

Unfortunately, Cricket 26 would probably be out by the time I managed to get through everything to similar level as what I did on C22. I've shared India, South Africa and Bangladesh on Cricket 24 with some playfaces too. I did start Sri Lanka but I couldn't be arsed finishing the WC jersey and they will no doubt have a new kit next time they are allowed to take the field.

---
So I just searched on the academy for my Steve Smith (from Cricket 22, I've not shared him on Cricket 24) and he has the skills on the Cricket 24 version. So, maybe the skills are locked or old ones overwritten? I dunno.

Then I looked at Rohit Sharma. The one I shared with the India team (that I didn't edit) is differently rated than the one I have on the game now. But also, the old one I shared from Cricket 22, has higher ratings, when the original share has lowest skill points. Maybe they were updated somehow, but I don't know what's going on. Maybe I've been sleep-editing :lol

Edit - could be perks and proficiencies have changed and have some effect on player skills, but I'm guessing here.

Rohit in my game
View attachment 287499
Rohit shared under my ID
View attachment 287500
My Cricket 22 Rohit, which no longer has those skills on the academy.
View attachment 287501

Bit weird that there’s so much discrepancy between them all but I suppose that’s the price of importing data from older games.

Suppose I’ll just download your teams overall regardless for now and then look at others who have attempted to re-skill for this game particularly.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm a spinner in career mode and the super human short legs have been replaced by the super human 2nd slip. My very first test and 4 of my 5 wickets were caught by a diving Crawley at 2nd slip.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thanks for this , changed to batter relative but still get the weird footwork and get bowled, only way round it is play no defensive shots to spinner for me at the moment
Sorry bud. I haven't played for a while and today have the same issue. Standard batting controls against spin is messed up. It was never like that in before the latest patch. The batsmen just play these weird shots, and not even the direction you input on your controller. It is really bad if you play against a team like Bangladesh that mostly use spinners. Guess no more batting and just bowling for now.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Haven't really created a player for so long now , last time I checked there was no ability to insert perks while creating a player in C24 academy , Do they added it back?

Ricky14

County Cricketer
@JNT BA For next patch is it possible to assign new batting pads to licensed teams? I see there are licensed teams who are using old batting pads which were in previous games.. It will be great if this request can be considered.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Anyone found a solution to the the top edges from bouncers? I have tuned down the pace bowling bouncer length to 40 and it still happens.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry bud. I haven't played for a while and today have the same issue. Standard batting controls against spin is messed up. It was never like that in before the latest patch. The batsmen just play these weird shots, and not even the direction you input on your controller. It is really bad if you play against a team like Bangladesh that mostly use spinners. Guess no more batting and just bowling for now.
Have raised a ticket, it was same in C22 and was fixed

Users who are viewing this thread