Cricket 24 - General Discussion

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Picked up the game again after some time, specially after the last 2-3 patches. This is finally heading into the right direction. Finally, glimpses of hope that this game can be pretty decent. Noticed one thing in test matches. The shot input to spinners is lagging. Is it something existing? Or new?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There will be more to come on fielding, the overwhelming feedback is people want us to take the time and get it right, I don't want a situation of people wishing they had the old patch back. But if we just didn't release the other elements that are being worked on in updates in between then I'm sure you'd all say the game is being abandoned, so some patches will have a focus on more visual improvements.

But there's some visual changes which I think you'll all agree are very gameplay relevant - and that's the focus of the next patch coming out overnight (or equivalent in your timezone) - it had just missed the last pitch but didn't want to wait.
Thanks @MattW for the update, please do give us some updates regarding the updates planned for Career mode enhancements. At the moment there isn't anything new compared to C22, it is so boring to play career mode in C24.

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer

Anybody who has communication or inside knowledge of big ant know if they working on or planning to remove the always online requirement . Living high up on highland near the sea and internet is not exactly stable enough to fully depend on it , especially when I would only ever use the completely offline modes .

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There will be more to come on fielding, the overwhelming feedback is people want us to take the time and get it right, I don't want a situation of people wishing they had the old patch back. But if we just didn't release the other elements that are being worked on in updates in between then I'm sure you'd all say the game is being abandoned, so some patches will have a focus on more visual improvements.

But there's some visual changes which I think you'll all agree are very gameplay relevant - and that's the focus of the next patch coming out overnight (or equivalent in your timezone) - it had just missed the last pitch but didn't want to wait.
Thank you Sir @MattW @JNT BA, for looking into our concerns and responding to us.
I have been playing all the cricket games released by BA, Cricket 22 was the best and Cricket 24 is progressing into one of the best games.
Some observations I have found compared to Cricket 22:

Improvements:
  1. Overall licensing, especially the IPL licensing has been a huge booster, the experience of playing it is more realistic with all the real atmosphere including licensed stadiums.
  2. The additional replays have been quite impressive, when the player misses the ball or chance of runout etc.
  3. Good addition of Team Rankings in Career mode.
  4. I usually tweak the sliders and play, with the modified sliders, the gaming experience has been good.
  5. Overall gaming experience has been excellent.
Can get better:
  1. Wicket Keeper is superhuman for spinners and sometimes pacers where he could catch 2-3 slip catches.
  2. Too many direct hits, especially close fielders, fielder throws should be 100% based on their skills.
  3. Cannot use the non-IPL version of the Indian stadiums, to be used in international matches.
  4. Player rankings in career mode.
  5. World cups (T20 & 50 overs) could be played in different countries every time, as we already know in advance, which countries they are going to be happening.
  6. Start the career mode at least 1 year before the current year, so that we have a chance to participate in international cricket from the current year. Ex: missing the 2023 World Cup participation, if the career player is starting as a Rookie.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Anybody who has communication or inside knowledge of big ant know if they working on or planning to remove the always online requirement . Living high up on highland near the sea and internet is not exactly stable enough to fully depend on it , especially when I would only ever use the completely offline modes .
I’m pretty sure you can play now without being offline my internet was down the other day it let me sign in offline. This was on Xbox
Post automatically merged:

Great to see. I can't see any patch notes on this. Is it a steam only update?
Just updated it on Xbox simulated to day 5 test match looks amazing. The game is alive

cricboi

Club Captain
Finished my test on the green top against Bangladesh and it was so much fun to just overpower them with fast bowling. Next match we headed to Dhaka and I made it a dusty day 3 pitch with fast wear. It was So. Much. Fun. Basically the ball was turning so much and it forced me to start playing more aggressively knowing that I'd eventually get one with my name on it.
I'm thinking about some small tweaks to make the AI a bit more competitive and the next step is getting used to playing without input markers and making it more challenging to bowl perfect deliveries.

This is all to say the current game in test format is as good as it it's ever been and I really enjoying it.

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
I’m pretty sure you can play now without being offline my internet was down the other day it let me sign in offline. This was on Xbox
Post automatically merged:

Just updated it on Xbox simulated to day 5 test match looks amazing. The game is alive.
Sounds interesting hopefully that is the case . Still can't drop £50 on it till absolutely sure tho . If you ever offline again and are able to sign in and play no problem would you mind letting me know to be sure , would be much appreciated. Would message big ant but takes like 3 weeks for a reply last time .

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Sounds interesting hopefully that is the case . Still can't drop £50 on it till absolutely sure tho . If you ever offline again and are able to sign in and play no problem would you mind letting me know to be sure , would be much appreciated. Would message big ant but takes like 3 weeks for a reply last time .
I’ll check again now for you mate

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Can confirm put my Xbox offline and loaded game up absolutely fine tried it several times to make sure and it works fine now. Offline is good to go

Karachi

Associate Captain
My PS5 just updated the game. Any idea what's included in the new patch?

Users who are viewing this thread