Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Finally getting back into Cricket 24 and really loving the changes. Can someone explain to me why when running between wickets, your player runs at a 45 deg angle first and then down the pitch? Just silly. Otherwise really enjoying it...can't wait for test cricket to start up again with Aust v Pak! :P
because batsman are not allowed to run down the pitch in real life... so they running to get off the pitch playing surface

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Jumped into career mode after getting the itch and enjoying it although it’s tough at first which is what it should be, again like someone mentioned it would be brilliant if you could move sides throughout your career to shake things up a bit, not sure how hard that would be to implement. The only thing gameplay wise bugging me is the fact playing spin to anything off is almost near on impossible with the slips or keepers taking catches that they should be nowhere near. Apart from that enjoying it. P.s still think the lighting is way too dim

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Human batting still needs attention. There is still very less chances of ball missing the bat and getting bowled or lbw. Poor input or timing is only resulting in edges but not ball beating the bat.
Miss input modifiers doesnt effect much even at higher difficulties. Ball misses the bat only if we time it very badly like a 1 sec difference. Atleast they have to decrease this time at higher difficulties so the batting will be very interesting.

@JNT BA @MattW

On hard difficulty, I found myself frequently clean-bowled by Bumrah who can swing the ball both sides compared to other bowlers. Got some edges when playing the wrong line and when failed to read the slow balls.
However i consistently achieve the ideal timing window, so I raised the shot timing difficulty to 90 and reduced the timing window to 80-90, achieving a well-balanced challenge. Although it may vary depending on individual play styles

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
can you give any idea when the next patch will be and what will be covered? at the moment the game isn't great with all pitches looking greenish and acting (not sure entirely) the same.
it was supposed to be today ,ross said on x,but i guess its been postponed

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why can't we have new batting shots added in the game when free mobile games have more shots, why are we holding back on that front, for that costly of a game.

I hate defending BA but if there’s one thing that gets me more triggered than them it would have to be the inane comparisons to these “free mobile games” that keep popping up every ten pages or so like a pop-up that just refuses to go away…

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I hate defending BA but if there’s one thing that gets me more triggered than them it would have to be the inane comparisons to these “free mobile games” that keep popping up every ten pages or so like a pop-up that just refuses to go away…
Comparisons will be made, there are no excuses to have limited set of shots in today's time, you can get triggered/defend, playing with AI you need freshness.

joeb86

Club Captain
Comparisons will be made, there are no excuses to have limited set of shots in today's time, you can get triggered/defend, playing with AI you need freshness.

I think an issue was that you couldn’t have sounded more like a demanding toddler and it’s posts like that as to why the BA guys don’t view this forum with any importance anymore

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Would definitely want to hear what sort of creative and impactful way you have in your mind , would might help BAS too.

The thing I have in my mind is that players stats get boosted or reduced due to match situation triggers instead of just flat boost or reduction without any event triggering.
So, simply, I'd expand proficiencies - make them relevant to particular formats and styles of plays. The point being they lead to clear batting, bowling, captaincy, fielding roles with their own distinct advantages and disadvantages. It could potentially influence other systems such as AI selections, auction picks etc.

I find situational impacts (new ball, powerplay), things that impact the mechanics of the game (timing windows etc) or how we approach the game more interesting. A perk that gives 5 extra Drive skill points isn't something that engages me to strive for. But a perk that makes batting easier to a particular type of bowler does.

Similar to what you have listed (New Ball bowlers, Strike Bowlers, Death Bowlers etc). But rather than just a single perk I'd have them be more defined skill paths or boosts/perks/stregnths associated with a role. So, in career mode, you can follow a path in its entirety and become the best New Ball bowler you can be, or mix and match to gain a broad set of skills.

Take, for example, a Strike Bowler like Mark Wood.

He bowls short spells, high pace, aggressive lengths. So, you want strengths that can be levelled up that could relate to:

Bowling speed
Maintaining high speeds; could be a strength that lets you use double the effort balls of a 'normal' bowler. Could be mechanic like 'Burst' strength that gives you four overs of express pace bowling but anything beyond that can cause a massive drop off in stamina and potential injury. 'Burst' might be cool down period, that means you can't do this more than once a session.
Things that relates to short bowling - increased precision with bouncers, so you timing window for bowling 'Short' is less restrictive, but you timing window for say good length is narrower.

Likewise with batting I think have more distinct gameplay influences. AI batters with more unique play styles based on their role rather than just five mentalities would, hopefully be interesting.

Most of that is easier said than done though.

I'm guessing here, but I think it's probably a time-consuming process to get a player into a capture suit, have them bat, then take all that and implement into the game.

There's been two new batting styles added over the last two games. So that's probably going to be lots of new shots added to the game.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I think an issue was that you couldn’t have sounded more like a demanding toddler and it’s posts like that as to why the BA guys don’t view this forum with any importance anymore
Ok frame it like a grown up uncle and let's see if they pay attention

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

If you were actually serious with that suggestion, there’s a world of difference between doing mo-cap and then modelling it for a game on consoles versus animating the same for a game on mobiles. You might as well ask “why is BA charging for a cricket game when they are free* on mobile?”.

*free - play to unlock other basic modes whilst the bigger content is paywalled.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
If you were actually serious with that suggestion, there’s a world of difference between doing mo-cap and then modelling it for a game on consoles versus animating the same for a game on mobiles. You might as well ask “why is BA charging for a cricket game when they are free* on mobile?”.

*free - play to unlock other basic modes whilst the bigger content is paywalled.
Unfortunately mobile cricket game animations are as good as mocapped, rc24 for that matter, as a player you don't care about mocapped or no mocapped, the game lacks shot variety that are actually playable and are usable.

noys390

County Cricketer
Some new batting shot & bowling action could have been added from IPL players. I am hoping one or two batting shot & bowling action of Pakistani players would get added once BAnt is done with photogrammetry.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
Some new batting shot & bowling action could have been added from IPL players. I am hoping one or two batting shot & bowling action of Pakistani players would get added once BAnt is done with photogrammetry.
I really want Naseem Shah & Haris Rauf’s bowling action, hopefully they will add atleast Haris Rauf’s action because of Melbourne stars. Bowling actions of England, Australia, New Zealand main pacers are available but from Pakistan only one (Shaheen’s action). Anyways they should add Shami and Wood along Pak pacers bowling actions

Users who are viewing this thread