Cricket 2XXX series are EA really to blame????

StormySteve

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Further to an HB progress thread....

We've all (or most of us) bought Cricket 2002/4 and now 2005 and we've all cursed, swore at, criticized Electronic Arts for bugs, difficulties in batting, bowling, animations, no patches and lack of save games etc...but in truth who is to blame??? who actually beta tests the software??? Lets be honest EA do patch their software the likes of Sim City, Medal of Honor, Command & Conquer series and the great FIFA have all be patched at one point or another, so really there's proof that they do patch games...

If us (the cricket 2XXX community) report bugs to the EA Admins, QA dept and Tech Support dept and they in turn contact HB with no reply which does seem to be the case then it's hardly EA's fault, just HB chucking out "beta" quality software to meet Ashes deadlines or to be out before BLIC.

I personally don't think there will be a Cricket 2006 because the World Cup is in 2007 so if EA take on another HB cricket game it's likely to be a rushed out in time for the World Cup bugged Cricket 2007 if EA are daft enough to put up with another "beta" quality game...

..which surely must damage their pretty good IMHO reputation and to be honest they are pretty good.

Steve S.

Difficulty in batting>?
Fine for me, go and play BLIC if you want an easy arcade game m8

JANER said:
Difficulty in batting>?
Fine for me, go and play BLIC if you want an easy arcade game m8

Yeah actually I take that back m8 ;) as I've been hammering out 4's and 6's over the last couple of days...

BLIC or the demo I should say, could be a refreshing simpler version of cricket if anyone is frustrated with C2005....

Steve S.

SteveS3667 said:
Further to an HB progress thread....

We've all (or most of us) bought Cricket 2002/4 and now 2005 and we've all cursed, swore at, criticized Electronic Arts for bugs, difficulties in batting, bowling, animations, no patches and lack of save games etc...

Nope. Not me. I thoroughly enjoyed Cricket 2004 and am quite enjoying Cricket 2005. Its challenging and fun for me.

I suppose I should've simplified the question.....

Who is to blame for the bugs and lack of a patch EA or HB???

Steve S.

I blame both HB and EA. HB is at fault for producing partially finished games that have changed very little since they first started out.

At the same time EA is to blame for not demanding better quality from HB. EA is a large company whose main concern is profit, therefore they hire the cheapest development team they can get and go from there. If EA were to demand higher standards, their cost would increase more than expected increase in profit.

This is what i think, and i may be mistaken

I think EA must take the blame, when you put your name to a product you must take responsibility for that product.

Steve S. my friend i didnt read ur long post but answering to the subject its the game testers to be blamed coz C2k5 is really really a great game....but only with patchs....EA invested a lot of cash and HB alot of hard work...so think if ea takes enough time to test thier games out for eg open beta testing then they can have a game of the year in thier pocket to dance thier way down to the bank

Well I am pretty sure if a patch is to be made, EA has to make the first move in contacting HB, as they are the publisher, and I stand to be corrected, but then EA would have to stump up the cash for the development time in making a patch?

zimrahil said:
Well I am pretty sure if a patch is to be made, EA has to make the first move in contacting HB, as they are the publisher, and I stand to be corrected, but then EA would have to stump up the cash for the development time in making a patch?

which they wont and still carry on with c2k6's development

Are you guys complaining about the batting because of sixers. If you want to see ball flying to the crowd then play baseball. I have played both BLIC and cricket 2005 demo and I prefer BLIC, which is refreshing like steves3667 said.

Patches for cricket 2005 is very ambitious, they just make some changes and release a new version. Next time, I think they would change the commentary and remove some bugs and release a new cricket game.

I think there should be patches but they are not that concerned about cricket.They have done the game graphically weel comapred to Cricket 2004 and BLC but still there are bugs and even BLC has bugs.... so when there are going to be bugs and even in the past we played the game (Cricket 2004) we are some what used with that. Cricket 2004 had many many bugs comapred to the latest version Cricket 2005 but still i feel Cricket 2004 was much better ... Sachin looked sachin....you people released so many patches like
kits...
boards...
umpire faces
player faces
bats...
pitch mats.... and other stuff...

The game became more intresting.

Here in cricket 2005 there is not so much of fun because no Indian player's (game) face is similar to the real ones....

EA should really think on many aspects now...as there is serious competition from BLC with many features like Classic Matches ... and many other things like they have implemented DW in the game

So they should come up with some thing like EA CRicket 2007 World Cup Edition and should really take the computer Cricket Gaming to next level !!!

Last edited:
EA,will always spend more time on which bands or players they can sign up than actual gameplay,they are a terrible company.

Users who are viewing this thread