Cricket Coach 2009 is realistic!

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No but seriously, Is this a bug or is the 'England Collapse mode' included in the game.

Used to love it, but will not be upgrading to 09 despite the fantastic editor!

The one run I did get wasnt added on !

Attachments

• PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 119

dajesmac

Club Captain
Yikes, that is bad. It probably wouldn't have helped that you were on "all out attack" but 6 wickets in 9 balls is too far. Plus the run not being counted. Yeah, thats a shame.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
This is indeed a strange occurrence, but if I'm honest, it's the only one we've had, so its more likely a freak occurrence than the norm.

This really should not put you off the game, as this definitely doesn't happen often.

Last edited:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The game is very not realistic though as a whole just played the new version with the new trail and ODI and Twenty Twenty's are extremely unrealistic. First match of the ODI series I score 430 odd against the West Indies next match I collapse to 33-7 before scrambling to 110 all out.

There's no way I'd consider buying this until the match engine is realistic something which ICC 09 has got pretty much spot on hence why it's my preferred game.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The game is very not realistic though as a whole just played the new version with the new trail and ODI and Twenty Twenty's are extremely unrealistic. First match of the ODI series I score 430 odd against the West Indies next match I collapse to 33-7 before scrambling to 110 all out.

There's no way I'd consider buying this until the match engine is realistic something which ICC 09 has got pretty much spot on hence why it's my preferred game.

Absolutely, you've got a point there.

OD games, and T20 engine need work.

Its our aim to both try to make our releases as bug-free as possible, and to help with that, another mission is to sort those out, so in the end, CC09 will be a pretty decent representation of what we set out to do.

Last edited:

Jack_Fourie

School Cricketer

These same problems are in the ICC series. I've bowled teams out for less than fifty runs many times and have scored 400+ runs many times in ODIs. In ICC2002 I could score 300+ runs batting first almost every time. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

EDIT: I can get like eight wickets in a row. But only if I edit the players batting abilities in the player editor. By decreasing all their batting abilities by a large margin(e.g. scoring rate) from e.g 70 to 10. Then making sure that only the selected players whose batting abilities were edited were playing in the opposing team I was able to ball them cheaply. Something like that.

Last edited:

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Similar thing happened to me when I was playing Otago with Northern Districts, I was on 0/4 off of 6 balls before I stumbled to 56 all out.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Absolutely, you've got a point there.

OD games, and T20 engine need work, but we've not got 10+ years experience like International Cricket Captain, we've got 3 years, so there's definitely bound to be a few hiccups and mistakes. Hell, even a highly budgeted game like Ashes Cricket 09 has them.

Its our aim to both try to make our releases as bug-free as possible, and to help with that, another mission is to sort those out, so in the end, CC09 will be a pretty decent representation of what we set out to do.

In short, all I'm saying is, don't lose faith in us those who've bought the game. And those who haven't, don't write us off...at least not yet!

I'm not writing it off or anything, I would probably buy it in the future as things get better but not for me at the moment just too many niggles for me to find it enjoyable.

Sureshot

Executive member
These same problems are in the ICC series. I've bowled teams out for less than fifty runs many times and have scored 400+ runs many times in ODIs. In ICC2002 I could score 300+ runs batting first almost every time. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

EDIT: I can get like eight wickets in a row. But only if I edit the players batting abilities in the player editor. By decreasing all their batting abilities by a large margin(e.g. scoring rate) from e.g 70 to 10. Then making sure that only the selected players whose batting abilities were edited were playing in the opposing team I was able to ball them cheaply. Something like that.

That's a 7-year old game!

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
This years edition (ICC 09) in my opinion has the Match engine pretty much perfect its easily an improvement on ICC 02!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
This years edition (ICC 09) in my opinion has the Match engine pretty much perfect its easily an improvement on ICC 02!

Very true, ICC as a whole is an extremely enjoyable game, but my point earlier is that they've had time to find the right balance, they've had 10+ years to do this, and they've come up with some very decent gameplay.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Well I'm not getting this game now. It just doesn't seem realistic at all.

Moments like this are becoming rarer as Oli releases more patches but I can see how it would put you off the game.

Users who are viewing this thread