EST.gif
Plamen Ostrovsky|124
nzl.gif
Stanley Hunter|125
apS2AO1.png
Franisco Morga|131
BRA.gif
Igor Ramos|136

Current criteria: Fifteen Test wickets to qualify.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Umair Nazim
Declan Thomas
Louie Martin
Jason Cole
Ricky Prince
Ray Howard ^
Brody. Mathis :wk:
Kian Palmer ^
Will Palmer ^
Tony MacDonald ^
Weston Stanley ^

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here's the first set of rankings. Don't know why I picked this one first:

---

Top 20 Test Bowlers:

| Rating
AFG.gif
Asim Taqi
EST.gif
Domard Stojanovska|88
PAK.gif
Uthmaa Jamal|89
ZIM.gif
Steven Streak|89
LIB.gif
Arsia Shukrekhuda|90
zanzibar-png.152172
Mustafa Tibaji|92
LIB.gif
Kaalim Karimi|92
NOR.gif
Terkel Bergan|101
NOR.gif
Svenke Ulberg|104
kiribati-png.152146
Kingi Arono|108
KUW.gif
Farajallah Abed|108
AFG.gif
Suleman Pathan|110
EST.gif
Boguslaw Grabovsky|112
KUW.gif
Tawfeeq Hamid|117
AUS.gif
Kian Palmer|118
IND.gif
Ramji Chandra|121
EST.gif
Plamen Ostrovsky|124
nzl.gif
Stanley Hunter|125
apS2AO1.png
Franisco Morga|131
BRA.gif
Igor Ramos|136

Current criteria: Fifteen Test wickets to qualify.
Shan't a player with more rating points be ranked the best?

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
I believe these bowling ratings are based on bowling strike rates. The bowler with the best bowling strike rate has the least bowling ratings, and that's why He's ranked better than the bowler who has more rating points but a lesser good strike rate.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I believe these bowling ratings are based on bowling strike rates. The bowler with the best bowling strike rate has the least bowling ratings, and that's why He's ranked better than the bowler who has more rating points but a lesser good strike rate.
May be you are correct but he should have given more rating points to the one with the best strike rate. Anyway, the table is going to look a lot different with Tyrone Miller (13), Xavier Dunbar (14) and Jermaine McKay (11) is likely to add lot more wickets to their tally with the form they have been in. :D

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wow, great to have an Afghani on the top of the bowling rankings and another in the top 20. Hopefully Zainuddin Rahman and Fardeen Yousuf will make it in the batting top 20.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland

For batsmen, you want the highest rating. For bowlers, you want the lowest rating. Each rating is a balance between control and wicket-taking ability.

There's a more mathematical explanation that I got a good grade for, but I'm too tired to articulate myself

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
For batsmen, you want the highest rating. For bowlers, you want the lowest rating. Each rating is a balance between control and wicket-taking ability.

There's a more mathematical explanation that I got a good grade for, but I'm too tired to articulate myself
That is good enough.

satisfied-seal-meme-300x158.jpg

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
logo.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Binta "The Chin Breaker" clocks over 90mph; helps Hampshire lift cup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing as one would call it, the Jamaican seamer, Binta Chin who was only military medium till over a month ago has clocked 94mph in a match against Middlesex when he bowled an inswinging yorker that sneak through Nick Compton's defense. The journey has been monumental for Chin who has picked up 107 wickets in 17 matches for Hampshire county this season. When called up, the ever so modest bowler said the journey as "wonderful". "It feels wonderful, absolutely. To be able to have that pace and the fact you are able to scare the batsman with it is great. As the great Michael Holding once said to me. If the batsman knows you are able to hurt him, you have won half the battle because then the first instinct of the batsmen would be to save himself of getting hurt rather than capitalizing on your bowling. The best part is that I have become more potent as a bowler and it has helped Hampshire win the cup which many did not think we could do. I am looking forward to go back to Jamaica and have a word with Michael again and see if I can add more pace, not at the cost of accuracy of course because pace without accuracy will do no good when I am back playing for my nation."

3766688.jpg

The new found pace has earned him the nickname of "The Chin Breaker"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Wins Count, Stats Don't - Hooper

Partners-in-crime-628.jpg

Tyrone Miller and Jermaine McKay have been one of the most lethal bowling pair in the world
On the eve of their first ODI match for the Copa America tournament, Carl Hooper told that he is confident that his team will do well. "We are good unit. Our team has shaped up really well. We have also called Binta Chin back. He should be able to join us ahead of our second match. I think this is an important tour for some of our players in particular. They will want to prove their worth in the side and get some runs and wickets. We have huge expectations again from our seam bowlers who have been exceptional throughout our campaign. They are our strong point but we have some fine batsmen too. People like Patrick, Colin and DP needs to step up." On being quizzed about the latest Test rankings, Hooper said "The way we have played over the past few months, I do not think we are that lowly team. In fact, I believe we should be up there in top 5. Our bowlers were unlucky to miss out on top 10 because of the TACR's (The Author's Cricket Rankings) criteria but as far as they are helping the team win, statistics are just numbers. If they continue doing well which I am sure they will, they will automatically gain the rating points." It has to be noted that 3 Jamaican bowlers (Xavier Dunbar, Tyrone Miller and Jermaine McKay) narrowly missed out a place in top 10 due to TACR's eligibility criteria of minimum of 15 wickets while other bowlers who have played a lot more matches to fit in the criteria has made it to the top 20.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
The good Jamaican's aren't playing local cricket? Come on Samuels this doesn't have to be so realistic, live a little...
Excellent point! I have always had that in mind but my life outside the forum does not give me much time to shape a proper story of a rise of a player or two from the domestic ranks.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
@The Author

Role:
I will be in charge of limited-overs simulation and turning those statistics into World Rankings
@VC the slogger is there any chance of you continuing with the limited-overs simulation whilst @The Author is unavailable?

"The Author Not at the moment, because I'm finding it pretty inconvenient even to spend any time online, let alone fulfil APL commitments. It's probably better that I'm honest about that rather than string everyone along forever"

It will be great if we can get the regional tournaments on the way!

@The Author nothing personal. We all are dying to put our created teams to the test. Best wishes & I honestly hope all works out well with all your commitments. See you back soon :cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread