Cricket Fashions....

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The cricketing world has seen some big changes in the past 10 years and the game is now a more fashionable and popular game. This means that club and young cricketers constantly try and emulate and look like their favourite players when batting or bowling. So i thought I'd make a thread for anyone to link to where to buy various items to allow them to look like their fave stars. The main reason i thought of the thread is because i've been struggling to find one of the ever popular sweatbands that many players now wear; Ian Bell and Kevin Pietersen being notable examples. Here's a link of Ian Bell with his sweatband on:

83334.jpg

I've always thought that they looked really awesome, especially on Bell and have been hunting for a similar one for ages. I'm sure there are others interested in finding them, so here's the closest i've come so far:

Link !

Another cricketing fashion that I've noticed is for the green and yellow rubber wristbands. These were very popular a few years back with the Stand Up/Speak Up black and white bands for football, and the cricketers seem to be wearing a green and yellow one for a charity. So if anyone knows of the charity that they're sponsoring i'd be interested as they look the sex. Here's KP with his on:

84101.jpg

So if you've got any helpful links to allow me to find the above things that'd be awesome or if you've got any cricket fashion items that you'd like to find; be it the new Slazenger Pink sided helmets or the straight pads used by some of the Sri Lankans post em' up !!

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think the yellow bands are for cancer but i don't know where to buy them...........

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah they are called Livestrong Wristbands (Lance Armstrong Foundation) and are for supporting cancer.

Not any fashion. I would given it to you if you were here but you can order one here: http://www.store-laf.org/

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
KP, just buy any old long wristband which is white and wear it, it'll look the same. Or your sport shop might have an Adidas one of that tye pf cloth.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Yeah the plastic wristband things are usually from charities that ask the ECB for their players to wear them to help raise awareness.

Wristbands have become a big thing, mostly from the Aussies. And wearing running shoes/asic trainers with spikes added to them bottom rather than actual cricket shoes in the field as well.

Herschelle Gibbs wears some Puma footie boots when he's fielding as well.

Collar up is another one, although that's derived from it showing strength etc.

http://www.barringtonsports.com/cricket/category_Cricket_Clothing_Accessories.htm

There's a couple of Canterbury wristbands on there KP.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Chinese make duplicate wristbands which are available at very very and very cheap price. They cover every brand in earth Adidas, Nike, Livestrong etc.

I bet there would be one such vendor in England for this kind of stuff too.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Just did some further research, and they're not cancer ones, they're in support of Madeline McCann, here's a link from the ECB:

Link !
OMFG. That just does it for me. Everyone's obsessed. Buying these wristbands is gonna do jack all for her cause. One cute girl goes missing to a pair of doctors and the country goes bananas....hmph.

Now that's off my chest, I have a pink grip on my MRF. Makes me look ace :).

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Nah. Too much effort. I've got to dig it out from my bag in the garage, take my camera out, take a picture, upload it. Too much for my lazy soul.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OMFG. That just does it for me. Everyone's obsessed. Buying these wristbands is gonna do jack all for her cause. One cute girl goes missing to a pair of doctors and the country goes bananas....hmph.

Now that's off my chest, I have a pink grip on my MRF. Makes me look ace :).
I agree.

Yeah, I like white grips after seeing many players use them before Pink was the way to go. They look so clean and go with your whites, white gloves etc. Makes you look more pro - it looked awesome on my old Woodworm.

sd92

International Coach
Fascinating thread. Fashion is certainly all the rage in cricket. I don't see WG Grace minding too much back then, but now things are very different. I also want a Adidas sweatband like Bell's, they look very neat. When someone finds the exact one, I will rep them for sure.

What about Chanderpauls, Mueller eye patch things. I thought they would catch on, even though they are for medical reasons, but obviously not :p

Users who are viewing this thread