Cricket Fielders ? Who are the best in business?

Putting a different twist, the best pace bowlers in the field I've seen are Lee, Johnson, Anderson and you could put Flintoff for his slips catching. Probably are others I've missed but you don't get much better than the first three for bowlers in the field.

johnson is ok, but he's normally stuck out at third man or fine leg isn't he? Lee is superb however, I've witnessed him pull off immense fielding first hand.

StinkyBoHoon added 11 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

oh, and he's a bit raw but I think ross taylor can become a really good slip fielder for NZ, maybe even at gully, he likes to dive about a bit.

bowlers arnt usually known for their fielding skills. they are always behind the batsman. all the blinders, awesomeness fields are done by the batsman.

currently the worst bowling fielder is Mendis. he is always backing away, scared of the ball.

and for me Tamim is one of the good fielders, at least from Bangladesh side. he has taken a lota blinders. but he dropped couple of lollipops too

I could rattle of 15 or so really good fielders in world cricket at the moment, the best at the moment for mine would be:

Michael Clarke
AB de Villers
Ricky Ponting
Paul Collingwood
Tillakaratne Dilshan

Those five would probably be the best infielder's in world cricket at the moment.

JP Duminy
Martin Guptill
Dwayne Bravo

Duminy and Guptill are probably the two fastest outfielders at the moment, both players have lighting speed and are able to get to the ball very quickly. Duminy pulled of a fantastic catch in Australia earlier this year with this speed, and Guptill forced a couple of run-out's over there with that speed. Bravo's very good at long on/off in the last few overs of the innings, brillant speed and he has a fantastic arm.

johnson is ok, but he's normally stuck out at third man or fine leg isn't he? Lee is superb however, I've witnessed him pull off immense fielding first hand.

StinkyBoHoon added 11 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

oh, and he's a bit raw but I think ross taylor can become a really good slip fielder for NZ, maybe even at gully, he likes to dive about a bit.

Hes usually mid on and off I believe as hes effected a number of run outs from close range.

Current best -

Collingwood, Dilshan, ABDev, Angelo Matthews, Dwayne Bravo.

Kaif could probably burst into the top 5 of this generation but god knows where he is now.

Kaif at his prime was the best field India has ever had, most probably.

We (New Zealand) has always been a team that has prided itself on iour fielding.

Fleming was one of the best in the slips for years.

Other good current NZ fielders are Taylor, Guptill, Ryder (believe it or not, but yes), J. Patel, Oram and ............. N. McCullum.

If they have an award for the best mid on/mid off fielder Vettori would be up their. Most games he is diving around saving tons of runs from straight drives.

My Fielding XI:

Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Herschelle Gibbs
Ricky Ponting
AB Devilliers
Andrew Symonds
Paul Collingwood
Jonty Rhodes
Andrew Flintoff
Mitchell Johnson
Shane Warne
James Anderson

peoples forget about Roelof van der Merwe he is one of the best fielder at the moment, amazing C&B as well

Users who are viewing this thread