Cricket Heroes Mobile

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
@TemPSaad - sorry mate, no management mode anytime soon. I've stripped out all the superfluous mechanics and it's now *just* an action cricket game.

Also, I have a Mac and Windows build working. Woot. Next step: add gamepad support.
What about new models and animations? I am up for that task m8.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Anyone else want in on the private Android builds? We've just released one that includes editors for kits, skins and player stats. Also fixed up some crashes/bugs and reduced battery usage. DM me with your email address if you're interested.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Cricket Heroes 2019 (aka mini-reboot)

Postmortem

If you're reading this, then you've probably seen/played/heard of Cricket Heroes somewhere. It was a small game that we released in various versions and on various platforms over the last 10 years. The latest incarnation is the mobile game which we released last year...and it was a horrible mess. Bug ridden, poor UI and kindergarten-level graphics were chief among the various complaints.

We dropped the project mid 2018 because: life.

Why now?

I've realised that Cricket Heroes was never meant to be a commercial success - instead it was always meant to be a creative and collaborative outlet for me :) I have some breathing room again and would like to use this time to explore all things mobile (and cricket).

What can you expect?

More openness and collaboration:
* devlog
* Twitter integration into the dev process
* more screenshots and previews
* (monthly) app store releases
* ...maybe an iOS version?

Call to arms

To make this work I need your patience, but most importantly: your feedback. If you have other skills you can contribute to the project, the more the merrier.

Users who are viewing this thread