Cricket news

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
erm... the main forums page has changed and cricket news appears to have done one :confused: has it been moved elseware and im just stupid and cant see it?

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
No it has been disappeared and right so.
People can read the news on Cricinfo and everywhere and there was no logic to just put the link because at last they need to open cricinfo to read whole story.

lancashire666

International Coach
yeh but i normally come here befour cricinfo and i also like to here other peoples thought on the news

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya Karl I can understand but I haven't done that..lol.
I was just thinking reason behind it. :p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well all of the Cricket News has been merged into the Cricket Discussion forum. Basically there wasn't enough of a line between the two, and it was creating a bit of confusion as to what was a cricket news topic and what wasn't.

So you can still go somewhere to see all the thoughts on news, just it isn't in its own forum any more.

lancashire666

International Coach
i presumed that is what had happened, and its probably better like that, just want sure due to it not being to long ago that the cricket news section was created

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
No, its much simplified and much better.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
As Kev said, it has been further simplified since the last time. We have merged all the Tours events, left the new domestic subforum, and removed cricket games.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well (from my memory of last year) there are two new subforums (your cricket and domestic) and the members articles are now in the cricket section rather than down in a news section with the video games.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I have to say that I personally preferred the division right before this one. I feel like the need to separate news posts/opinions are much higher than the need to separate domestic from international discussion. I actually feel like a partition as follow (or perhaps with somewhat more segmentation) is rather better:

1. Cricket News
2. Cricket Discussion
a) Current Tours
i) International
ii) Domestic
b) Past Tours
c) Future Tours

I think this was the best subdivision, even if vB may mess up my beautiful formatting.

lancashire666

International Coach
i think the problem with that is its had to seperate cricket new and cricket discussion, an its inevitable that discussion will arise when news is posted, i think the only change i would like is to have current tours/past tours/future tours in their own sub forums, other than that i think its fine as it is

Users who are viewing this thread