Cricket on YOU TUBE / Anyone tape cricket off tv?

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dont know about the rest of you but the day I got into cricket I just had to tape it, and ever since Ive taped every match I possibly can. You could say with 100% certainty that i'm a cricket lunatic! Been taping matches off tv since 1986, and have a huge collection of vintage matches that I trade with other collectors around the world.

Here's my you tube cricket channel. Feel free to request videos!

YouTube - robelinda2's Channel

Last edited:
Can't say I do, I probably would if I had the time however :p Would be good to get a collection of 20 plus years just to see how much the game has changed.

Not a bad collection mate. I've only kept a few matches that are close to my heart: the 2003 WC Final where I love watching Ponting explode in the last 10 overs, the IPL final of 2008 Royals v SuperKings and my personal favourite, the last 10 overs of the 1999 WC Semi-Final v SA. Have watched that particular tape many a time. I also had the last Test at the Oval this year on tape, but I managed to 'accidentally' tape over it. Shame :laugh

I guess I'm afraid if I start to taping games, I'll never get off the couch again :p

Dont know about the rest of you but the day I got into cricket I just had to tape it, and ever since Ive taped every match I possibly can. You could say with 100% certainty that i'm a cricket lunatic! Been taping matches off tv since 1986, and have a huge collection of vintage matches that I trade with other collectors around the world.

What's some of the better matches you have?

What's some of the better matches you have?

Lets see, pretty tough question, I have over 27,000 dvd's! some of the 85 and 86 Aus rebel tour of Sth Africa is great- Graeme Pollock smashing Hogg/Rackemann all over the place. Plus one of the craziest finishes to a one dayer EVER! Aus chasing 313 and are 2/303 at 40 overs. WE LOSE! Huge collapse at the hands of Clive Rice. Epic fail.

Also good is watching ball by ball of Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis in the late 80's reversing it everywhere, the MCG test in 89 was awesome.

Got all the 80's WI tests, obviously thats awesome. Got ball by ball of the 3rd test 81 ashes, Botham's 149, crazy match.

The other day I was watching Steve Waugh's 177*, and his 200 v WI, just great.

To be honest, there's just way too many awesome games. If it was a good match, ive probably got it, or know someone who does!

Wow! That's quite a collection. Thinking of doing something like this, because in 20 years time it'll will be awesome watching them again.

Yeh, what do you use for this? A DVD recorder?

Yep I have 3 400gb dvd recorders. Obviously they are only a recent-ish thing, I got my first one in 2003, before that I used videos like everyone else, half my bloody house was full of cricket videos! Thank goodness for dvd's!!!!!!!! Havent upgraded to blu ray or its competitors yet, want to know which of the newer formats will actually still be around in 10-20 years.

Where did you go to trade with people from around the world? Just people you meet over the internet?

Dvd recorders arent expensive these days, 3 or 4 hundred bucks each. No big deal.

Yeah I meet people over the internet, not too many guys i know face to face! The world is a small place these days.

?200 not expensive? I suppose it's alright when you have a job then, the poor old measly 17 year old student, that's a lot of money!

i use sky+, it's so simple.

i've got a lot of the 09 ashes, world t20 and the WC07 final

but what do you do with it after? You can't hold it there forever.

Users who are viewing this thread