Cricket on YOU TUBE / Anyone tape cricket off tv?

I do take off videos off the TV, in a less expensive manner though, with my camera. :p I love to put them back on my camera watching them in slow frame by frame motion to get more treat of my favourite clips; :D

i use sky+, it's so simple.

i've got a lot of the 09 ashes, world t20 and the WC07 final

I do that too. But I swear Sky deletes some of your recorded programmes after a certain amount of time. Also you can't really put them on a computer or anything, would be awesome if you could.

Occasionally onto the Hard Drive when the games are on in the early hours.

Can't really do it when you watch cricket on your computer :\.

Maybe i'll use my spare external HDD for highlights and such. Great idea though!

I have every minute of the tour to Australia. Love watching Steyn and Duminy giving it to the Aussie pie chuckers

i don't think I could watch a taped match. most of my enjoyment comes from not knowing what's going to happen.

I enjoy watching a batsman attack because i like the fact that it's risky and i get nervous for him, and I like watching a bowler bowl a good spell because he's making things happen.

I don't really watch any sporting events minute-for-minute after they've happened, just highlights. I think the only thing I've watched is a few old football matches. Scotland humping england the year after they won the world cup for example :D

?200 not expensive? I suppose it's alright when you have a job then, the poor old measly 17 year old student, that's a lot of money!

Get a job! :)

I love getting out old games, there are so many great ones that I love to relive. The other day I was thinking of that World XI v Asia one day game where Bevan gets 185*, superb match.

Would love if anyone knows where to get highlights of matches played by the two Pakistani W's online

I only record on a temporary basis, say I'm going to miss a day of the Test match due to work or whatever. Once it's been watched it gets deleted from my Sky + HD box. I wouldn't want to store full Test matches on my box, would take up far too much space, especially in HD. Far happier with buying the DVD if it's been a particularly epic series. I bought the 05 Ashes, and I got the 09 series for Christmas. Not planning on re-watching the 09 series yet though, will probably sit on my shelf un-watched for a few months.

Would love if anyone knows where to get highlights of matches played by the two Pakistani W's online

Dunno about online, but a few weeks ago I was watching a NZ test from 92 i think, where the 2 W's just destroyed NZ, amazing stuff.

On xmas eve a few mates were round my place, and they tested me out on my collection by naming various great innings, like Sobers ton in 71/72 at the MCG- awesome viewing. Also watched that Michael Holding over to Boycott in 1980. And Border's last day ton at the MCG 85/86 v India.

Type 'cricket highlights' in Google. You'll find plenty of results.

I have and its just clips of their bowling with horriblly loud Arab music. I am looking for full footage of their bowling in an innings, not just the wickets

i don't think I could watch a taped match. most of my enjoyment comes from not knowing what's going to happen.

That's me for ODI cricket. I just find the middle overs so tedious, so I'm gonna skip those anyway, but if I knew the result beforehand I wouldn't watch it again, unless I knew there was something great to see eg. a great wicket, catch, quick 50.

But Test cricket? I love watching that even if I know what happens. Best example was the Ashes this year. I'd tape them as they finished at 3-4 in the morning here, but first thing I'd get up and look at the scorecard, cheer or sigh, and then get into the tape and see what happened, but mostly WHY it happened. That's why Test cricket rules for me, I respect the process, strategy, stamina and art far more than ODI or T20 cricket.

I do this to a certain extent with what's available on youtube. Absolutely love watching classic innings and great spells of bowling, over and over again. The entire Natwest final of 2002 is on there as well, brings some nostalgic memories.

Would like to get longer versions though, and am going to start using an external HD.

Users who are viewing this thread