Cricket on YOU TUBE / Anyone tape cricket off tv?

Here's a beauty, Brian Lara's 132 vs Australia at Perth, 1996/97. Pretty spiteful match, lots of sledging, especially at Robert Samuels, at the request of Mark Taylor- he wasnt against some planned strategic sledging. Lara was in a bad mood all innings, took it out big time on us. Later on the pitch was unplayable, there was the Blewett grubber, and Ambrose bowling that huge over- 14 balls or something, trying to hurt Warnie with bouncer after bouncer after bouncer, and over stepping big time by a long way.

Brian Lara 132 Perth

Last edited:
Yes most of your videos are on youtube, such as the McGrath 8-fer at Lords. But all of them are just the wickets, while you do extended coverage. Would like to see a bit more build-up to MacGill's wickets, hear more commentary on his bowling plans, etc.

hah yeah i was only half kidding! Obviously heaps of the vids on you tube are garbage quality, I have that whole SCG test ball by ball so I could do a really great video when i get time to, takes a bit of time to go through a long bowling spell. That McGrath 8 fer was relatively short, 20 overs, MacGill must have bowled 30 to 40 overs that innings i;m guessing, anyway consider it on the to do list mate!

Would like to see a bit more build-up to MacGill's wickets, hear more commentary on his bowling plans, etc.

McGrath had a plan? besides plop it on a length every single time? Good as he was, the most boring fast bowler to ever play cricket.

Guess I took it too seriously! But yeah I can appreciate that it takes ages to filter through drinks breaks, lunch, tea, innings breaks, different innings and various bowling spells.

If possible, could you throw in the other 4 he took in that match? :p

Yep can do!

Dude, I know it's been said before, but it needs to be said again - the quality of your videos is simply wow!

Amazing stuff :D

Here's my latest upload, Steve Waugh's magnificent 200 vs West Indies, Jamaica 1995. The most epic innings ive ever seen, it was one truly amazing event to witness Australia beating WI in WI back then, it was just huge. Steve Waugh overnight became a national legend, went from a serviceable test batsman to one of the modern greats.

YouTube - Steve Waugh 200 vs West Indies Jamaica 1995

Ye no doubt. Have watched that innings on the DVD i have "Taylor's heroes" like 50 times in the last 10 years & you could see how big deal it was for AUS fans. I dont recall ever seeing AUS fans behave so emotional on cricket field anywhere in the world, as they did after Waugh scored his double hundred.

War added 12 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Sachin Tendulkar's best test innings IMO, so young, Donald on fire, 1992 111 in SA

YouTube - Sachin Tendulkar 111 vs South Africa 1992 Johannesburg

I liked his 169 in SA 96/97 more. But great upload this, i never saw any clips from the 92/93 tour before. :thumbs

When on song there aren't many better players than Ricky Ponting. Strokeplay as usual to the highest standard.

Users who are viewing this thread