Cricket Simulations

chrisjt

School Cricketer
I was wondering if anybody can help me?

In the past I’ve used 2 simulations for the PC, namely Ultimate Cricket Simulator by Gordon Vince and International Test Cricket by Dan Thomas (the registered enhanced version).

I changed my PC a while ago and somewhat foolishly hadn’t kept back up copies of either game. Ultimate Cricket Sim was so old it actually came on a 3 1/2 disk back in the day but that has long disappeared!

I emailed Dan Thomas but haven’t heard anything back. I think he stopped updating the game a while ago. Similarly Ultimate Cricket is ancient and I would have no idea how to contact the author though I do remember his details used to appear in Wisden and he used to advertise the game in The Cricketer magazine but this would have been about 35 years ago now!

Does anybody on these forums have any idea where I can get hold of either game please?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I tried to look but couldn't find either. If you do end up finding them please do post them here and upload them on archive.org that way they're at least saved

tglover

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I was wondering if anybody can help me?

In the past I’ve used 2 simulations for the PC, namely Ultimate Cricket Simulator by Gordon Vince and International Test Cricket by Dan Thomas (the registered enhanced version).

I changed my PC a while ago and somewhat foolishly hadn’t kept back up copies of either game. Ultimate Cricket Sim was so old it actually came on a 3 1/2 disk back in the day but that has long disappeared!

I emailed Dan Thomas but haven’t heard anything back. I think he stopped updating the game a while ago. Similarly Ultimate Cricket is ancient and I would have no idea how to contact the author though I do remember his details used to appear in Wisden and he used to advertise the game in The Cricketer magazine but this would have been about 35 years ago now!

Does anybody on these forums have any idea where I can get hold of either game please?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Yeah, Dan ended up relocating to Australia years ago and worked on the Cricket Captain game series. I was in touch with him but lost contact in the last 10 years. His game is still around. HODI was a good one-day version of ITC>

I worked on a small simulator with Syedur Rahman back in the early 2000s. His TCS simulator was excellent.

A few years ago I made a Twenty20 ball-by-ball version with icons (similar to ITC) but like you the years have passed and I can't find it anywhere. A real shame as it was a lot of fun.

chrisjt

School Cricketer
Yeah, Dan ended up relocating to Australia years ago and worked on the Cricket Captain game series. I was in touch with him but lost contact in the last 10 years. His game is still around. HODI was a good one-day version of ITC>

I worked on a small simulator with Syedur Rahman back in the early 2000s. His TCS simulator was excellent.

A few years ago I made a Twenty20 ball-by-ball version with icons (similar to ITC) but like you the years have passed and I can't find it anywhere. A real shame as it was a lot of fun.

The freeware version is still around but sadly the registered version doesn’t seem to be anywhere. It’s such a shame as it was superb.

I did manage to find Ultimate Cricket Simulator by Gordon Vince on a really old PC which I had kept. Considering it was written about 25 years ago it still holds up really well.

You’re right, Syedur Rahman’s simulator is excellent (for both test and ODIs). The only fault I could ever find with it is that the bowling changes which the computer makes can be a bit erratic. I think I was playing a test (using the 2003 squads) and Damien Marytyn ended up bowling the sixth over of an innings!

Shame about your T20 game. I would have loved to have played it! There doesn’t seem to be any sims out there for T20 unfortunately - surprising considering how popular T20 is now.

tglover

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
The freeware version is still around but sadly the registered version doesn’t seem to be anywhere. It’s such a shame as it was superb.

I did manage to find Ultimate Cricket Simulator by Gordon Vince on a really old PC which I had kept. Considering it was written about 25 years ago it still holds up really well.

You’re right, Syedur Rahman’s simulator is excellent (for both test and ODIs). The only fault I could ever find with it is that the bowling changes which the computer makes can be a bit erratic. I think I was playing a test (using the 2003 squads) and Damien Marytyn ended up bowling the sixth over of an innings!

Shame about your T20 game. I would have loved to have played it! There doesn’t seem to be any sims out there for T20 unfortunately - surprising considering how popular T20 is now.
Thanks. Currently funding the development of a T20 Simulator in VB.net now.

Might be time for a new thread soon. Beta ETA 2.5 - 3 months.

gmd1967

School Cricketer
TPCL Titans

Any chance of sharing ucs ? Been trying to find it meself for years

chrisjt

School Cricketer
Any chance of sharing ucs ? Been trying to find it meself for years
I’ve not looked at this thread for ages so apologies for the late reply!

Yes, I’m quite happy to share it. I presume the files can be uploaded on this forum?

You’ll need dosbox to run it on a PC as well as it’s so old!!

Chris

gmd1967

School Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I've actually found a way to get in touch with Gordon vince, just waiting on an email but there may well be a chance to get hold of this sim !!!!

chrisjt

School Cricketer
I've actually found a way to get in touch with Gordon vince, just waiting on an email but there may well be a chance to get hold of this sim !!!!
Good luck! If you don’t get a response, I’m quite happy to send you the program.

Users who are viewing this thread