Cricket Trivia-Answer Up

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
We have the answer- VVS Laxman.

Served as Test Vice-captain during India's last tour to SAF. Lead India v NZL in a Super Max Game during the 2002 tour.

Scorecard.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I just saw the question on 1st page and by the time i was going to post Laxman, i saw it posted on here.
Waiting for the next one then.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I shall post a new question daily, preferably in the mornings and will give out the answer by this time-ensuring that many of you do get a chance to answer.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Who Am I ?

I was a seargant-major for the British and was sent to British India, where I turned out for a now defunct Indian state/franchise. During my stint in India, I played and won for my side,one of their domestic tournaments.

My innings in the final have put me in the grand company of greats like-Vijay Hazare, Vijay Merchant,Sunil Gavaskar. As a British, I believe I am the only foreignor to hold this peculiar distinction.

Identify -Who Am I ? My defunct team and the peculiar distinction as well.

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
British India-he was sent to British India, might even have to go beyond MSD's Date of Birth here.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The answer is indeed Denis Compton, who turned out for the Holkars. He scored 249 in the final of the Ranji Trophy,which till date remains the only double century by a foreigner. The peculiar distinction is - this remains the only double in a Ranji final till date[ 2nd innings]

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Which cricketer claimed a hat-trick on debut,but was not a part of the next match for his country ?

Users who are viewing this thread