Cricket2005 VS Cricket2004

Hero

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Many people wonder that how much improvement has been made.Some people say it is miles better than 2004 .However,those who disagree say that this is same game with new envelope or it is step back from Cricket2004.How you guys will rate it.My views are given below:

Graphics: Almost everyone is eye to eye that the biggest change this year is graphics.Some superb faces and stadiums.Although bodies and specially umpires are too heavy.

Sound: According to some people ,nothing has been changed in this regard but I will say that I heard some new lines where Richie was talking about some strategies and besides addition of Ea trax and new crowd sound have made the sound this time to satisfactory level or bearable atleast.

Bowling: There is a major change in bowling and first time Ea games ,there is visible swing and seam etc.Fast bowlers are really looking like fast bowlers.According to different bowlers,variety of bowls to choose from.This all makes the bowling fun.It is hard to control cursor is plus point which makes bowling bit challenging.

Batting. Nothing special change here except that batting has become difficult and it is really enjoyable for hardcore cricket fans but newbie are struggling.However,some more varitation in shots .Some shots are now looking much more real life and powerful.The advance down shot is not difficult to play and now batsman move with good speed which make it fun to watch.I think a bit tweaking in batting department will make batting more fun.

AI: Nothin special happened here as I think we have unable to find really challenging ai in any cricket game till.This should be the focus of attenion in future for cricket games develpor.

Bugs: Many big bugs from previous game has gone and some comparitively smaller bugs are now have got there place.For instance,fieliding is bit unrealistic.

New Features: Dive button is welcome addition and you can also see highlights,some new tours and stats is now mcuh better. On the other hand,we were told that there will be manual appealing button but it is not in the game.Some other things like Cpu vs cpu matches,remapping of controls which we have witnessed everywhere have been gone.Which should not be.

Overall,it is big improvement over last game and you feel that you are playing new game which is more enjoyable but I also feel that they have finished this game only in 6 months rather than 1 year otherwise it could be more better.

I will rate it around 6.5 to 7.0

commentary and crowd atmosphere needs to be better, too dull.
its a lot better, except that bug where bowlers bowl over 10overs in odi's in annoying.

if the bugs werent in c2k5 then i would give it 10/10 but i cant but its still better than c2k4

yeah, the bowlers bug is frustrating. good to see that the fielding has improved and is quicker. the keeper actually gets the ball now! :D

AI is not that good. On medium mode you can restrict the CPU to as low as a 100 by bowling a good line and length especially with spinners. CPU just does not take any sort of risks even when situation demands it. Offside shots while batting are t0o limited.Drives hardly get through the field and cutting and pulling in impossible against the quickies. Left hadner can ply through off but mostly lofted cover drives. With the crappy AI, the bowling which is potentially fun, can get boring as cpu will block and block. yet to try it on hard mode but i think it will not be any different.
Yeah an improvement over 2004 but a long way to go to make it the fun game we deserve

BLIC <<<<<<<Pong<<<<<<<<"How long can you hold your mouse" game<<<<<<Cricket 2005<<<<<<<<<<Cricket 2004

am i the only one (ps2 version) that suffers from slowdown? I only noticed it a little bit, at the start of test matches when there are lots of people around the bat, and sometimes in night matches.

Yesterady Night I played Cricket 2005 and it s Look like real Cricket
Best thing is Graphic i love Graphic superb work
Batting is 2 tuff cricket 2004 is 2 much easy and if u solve any game then no enjoyment cricket 2005 is good challenge for us specily batting and we are ready

oVer all cricket 2005 is good game and you wil feel taht u palying new Cricket game

i think cricket 2005 is much better than cricket 2004....2004 ws just like a release without even unit testing....... the onky flaws in the game are 35 stadiums and a bit of AI as well...but i the members here will come up with something good :D

Cricket 2005 is soo much better. The batting is so much harder which it should be and the bowling has been toughen up a little. Graphics are great, updated squad lists.

has anyone noticed that when playing as an asian team the fielders will say "shabaaz bhai" after good bowling. It's very faint and doesn't happen all the time, but i think that is very good

Users who are viewing this thread