Crysis Warhead

khan31

International Coach
Crysis Warhead

Not really a sequel to the first beautiful game but more of a stand-alone expansion. Those of you who played the first will obviously remember Sgt. Sykes or "Physco". Well he is Warhead's main protagonist and you will play through what he was doing on the other side of the Island as Nomad(Crysis) was dealing with the other side.

Due for release in the first couple of weeks of September. Seems just as visually impressive as the first but apparently won't be so hard on the hardware. Developers have promised that even £300/$600 PCs will get a locked 30 FPS!

Lastly, here are minimum specs ie hardware required to run on all Low settings(similar to crysis'):

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better
RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
Storage: 15GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
ODD: DVD-ROM
OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

Last edited:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't wait for this. I loved the non linearity of Crysis, so much better than the standard FPS where there is a set path and triggered AI. Throwing Koreans off cliffs never gets old, and the modding community is second to none.

Already pre-ordered to put my new 4870 through its paces :D

pingusten

Club Cricketer
And it's a PC exclusive! Something of a rarity these days.

Actually, there are more being announced all the time. In the next six months there are;

Spore
STALKER Clear Sky
Empire Total War
GTR Evolution
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Crysis Warhead
World of Warcraft : Wrath of the Lich King
GTAIV
Space Siege
Guild Wars Complete

Basically, the PC has the strongest line up of anything in this next 6 months, as it has all of the multi platform games such as Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway.

So sparce PC games are not on the agenda this year :p

khan31

International Coach
Actually, there are more being announced all the time. In the next six months there are;

Spore
STALKER Clear Sky
Empire Total War
GTR Evolution
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Crysis Warhead
GTAIV
Space Siege
Guild Wars Complete

Basically, the PC has the strongest line up of anything in this next 6 months, as it has all of the multi platform games such as Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway.

Nice list! I can't wait for the ones in bold. As my old PC wasn't up to playing games I stopped following PC releases. After getting my beast pc built I was hoping to buy at least 6-7good games. I looked around everywhere and there was only Crysis, Gears of War, Bioshock and COD4. I had the last 3 on Xbox 360 so they weren't much use!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Spore
STALKER Clear Sky
Empire Total War
GTR Evolution
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Crysis Warhead
GTAIV
Space Siege
Guild Wars Complete

Except GTA IV isn't a PC exclusive, it's a good list. Space Siege has already got lousy reviews in PC Gamer though. I can't wait for Fallout 3, BiA Hell's Highway, Empire: TW, the new Wolfenstein game and GTA IV (of course). STALKER Clear Sky also got a lousy review in Gamer.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
STALKER Clear Sky also got a lousy review in Gamer.

Hahah, that was the worst review I've ever read. He claimed the game was 'too hard', and you died to easily. What kind of crappy analogy is that? If he'd played the original he would have realised that the whole point of STALKER is to scare the living daylights out of you, and make you think that at any time you could be ambushed by the fantastic AI. Only PC Gamer has given it a bad review so far, all the others have been two 8.9's and a 9.5, much higher than SOC.

GTAIV has some excellent new features, so I'm pretty happy to leave it on that list :p

Anyway, back to Crysis Warhead.

I wondered if any of you had the original, be nice to see how you could run it on your rigs. I got a new 4870 about 3 weeks ago, and since have been playing loads of mods.

Here are some of my screenshots, taken on a custom config of very high.

crysis1.jpg

crysisladder.jpg

crysisphysco.jpg

crysisprophet.jpg

crysistower.jpg

crysistrees.jpg

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I haven't bought Crysis yet (!) but the demo ran beautifully on my rig, with most things turned on. I have a habit of doing this, not buying games for ages and then grabbing them really cheaply (Rainbow Six: Vegas, for example. Only £5. And I'm soon getting IL2 1946 and Unreal Anthology for only £15). I never played the Unreal games, I bought Unreal once, but it didn't want to work on my damn PC! Now everything's in one pack, hopefully they'll all play ball now.

Edit: Are any of the new features in GTA IV to do with singleplayer?

Last edited:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Edit: Are any of the new features in GTA IV to do with singleplayer?

New replay mode where you view the last 30 seconds, edit it, and put it onto a gallery. Custom radio stations, but its always had that. More models of cars, and pedestrians.

And of course, MODS! Cant wait to finally use a plane.

khan31

International Coach
I have the first Crysis. My rig can run it on DX10 All Very high but the Franes do dip into the 20s when the action heats up. Otherwise a steady 40fps is the norm. Didn't think much to its online though.

@Pingu - What res/settings you play on and what is your system spec mate?

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I have the first Crysis. My rig can run it on DX10 All Very high but the Franes do dip into the 20s when the action heats up. Otherwise a steady 40fps is the norm. Didn't think much to its online though.

@Pingu - What res/settings you play on and what is your system spec mate?
What res did you play it on mate? :)

I play Crysis at 1680x1050 without AA(It doesn't really need it. :p) at Very high settings under XP(There are info on the net to activate that, its really easy and the only difference remains no DX 10 - Which means better performance. The IQ remains almost same as Vista VH), and I can generally play the game smoothly, except for a few scenes where there are too many aliens or a lot of firepower, I get some stutter there. Still, I am happy with the stutters seing the visual quality I could see. :D And ofcourse, I have a 9600GT so I have half the power than you guys, not that I need to upgrade anytime sooner though, Crysis is a game ahead of its time anyways. :p

I can't wait for Warhead. I've played the original Crysis twice and completed it. Its just beautifully made and although it isn't having multiple endings like fallout 3 or some other, it still packs in quite a punch and there are n ways to accomplish the same thing in crysis. And the ending just made me angrier that why had the game ended and why can't I get my hands on Crysis 2. Oh well, I'll have to wait another year for that I guess. :p

Warhead should be pretty interesting as Psycho had vanished for a lot of time in the whole game, and we hadn't had the slightest ideas where was he.

Though I feel, making Prophet the protagonist would've been better, his story is a lot more secret! :p

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Here are some of my screenshots, taken on a custom config of very high.

crysis1.jpg

crysisladder.jpg

crysisphysco.jpg

crysisprophet.jpg

crysistower.jpg

crysistrees.jpg

OMG!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My eyes popped out of their sockets,seeing the screenies.Unfortunately my present rig cannot run a game like that.Crysis ans S.TA.L.K.E.R have been the only FPS'es I have ever wished to play:crying:crying

Users who are viewing this thread