Cut shot

jashf

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm using the classic control setting, playing the PC version with shot-replacement setting off.
I can't seem to play the cut shot consistently. I am referring to the "standard" cut not the late cut. I can play the late cut by basically clicking in the south (down) direction on both the foot-placement and shot-direction controls.

In an attempt to play the standard cut I can sometimes get it right by clicking south-east (down and right) on foot-placement control and south-east (down and right) or east (right) on the shot-direction control. However a lot of the time the shot ends up as a back-foot drive through square or the covers.

Trying to cut spinners ... well that doesn't seem possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes there is an absence of a cut shot animation to a spinner where the ball bounces not as much as a pace bowler & hence with the standard cut shot animation the bat will not connect the ball...

They need to add atleast 1 more shot animation for each shot that gets triggered depending on the ball bounce...

At present the only way may be to turn shot selection ON where the AI tries to trigger the shot animation for you but then shot replacement ON takes away the immersion & control over shots...

Hope @BigAntStudios can find a solution to this in the upcoming patches...

Yeah, I don't like the current cut shots. The back away one looks bad. A player should be stepping towards the ball for a back-foot cut, not away from it. Please put in a Ross Taylor blazing cut shot thx.

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone experiencing issues in actually playing the shot? I mean shot doesn't end up as a back-foot drive.

Its a very hit and miss affair.

Mine tend to end up as Cover Drives to Forward Point all the Time.

Can you post a picture of that shot? I think you are talking about the sliding away from the stumps and slaughtering the ball away from body, thats square drive not a cut..

Cut animations for spinners IMO are really one of my favourite shot animations in the game especially where the batsman is laid back and does a cut at last moment, something similar to how Ashwin cuts..

Cases where the ball doesnt bounce and the batsman ends up playing the weird pace animation cut for spinners is as frustrating for me..

Cases where the ball doesnt bounce and the batsman ends up playing the weird pace animation cut for spinners is as frustrating for me..

That exactly is what everyone is talking about...

Users who are viewing this thread