Daniel Vettori 400/4,000

4,000 runs is no problem IMO. 400 wickets might be.

I reckon he'll get there, it'll just take a few years for the wickets to accumulate. He has time.

I think he should start batting higher in the order as well, at 6 or maybe even 5. He's easily NZs most reliable bat from the little i've seen.

4,000 runs is no problem IMO. 400 wickets might be.

I reckon he'll get there, it'll just take a few years for the wickets to accumulate. He has time.

I think he should start batting higher in the order as well, at 6 or maybe even 5. He's easily NZs most reliable bat from the little i've seen.

He bats better at number 8 averaging over 40 batting their in 40 matches.
Hes batted pretty much everywhere else but he just always gos better at 8.

Would love to see him get there, he has been a consistent performer for NZ during his career with both bat and ball. If he can play for another 3-5 years then I think he will reach the 400/4000.

Dan the Man is awesome. One of my favorite players. New Zealand should setup 5 match series's against the WI and Bangladesh whenever possible, so he can get to the milestone.

Well he does have another 4-5 years in him, I think he can get there. The runs will come easy for him but it will be tough getting another 100 wickets.

I dont agree with you sanjeevc to be honest i think he can get wicket's easily but getting 1000 runs is big task no one can be in best form thorughout his life so maybe he can be out of form anytime.

No i am not kidding he is basically a bowler not a professional batsmen and legend in batting like sachin border and all legends have also fail one time is their career so you can't say that it is very easy for vettori to make 1000 runs.

No i am not kidding he is basically a bowler not a professional batsmen and legend in batting like sachin border and all legends have also fail one time is their career so you can't say that it is very easy for vettori to make 1000 runs.

He'll get those 1000 runs very easily. Over his whole career he averages 35 or so runs a game. In the past 4 years, this has risen to 60 runs per game. He only needs 508 more runs to get to 4000. At this rate he'll get there in about 8-9 matches...

Yes he can.I am not saying he can't what i am saying is it will be very difficult for him to make 1000 runs.I think vettori is practicing very hard on batting rather then bowling so maybe 100 more wicket's?

Yes he can.I am not saying he can't what i am saying is it will be very difficult for him to make 1000 runs.I think vettori is practicing very hard on batting rather then bowling so maybe 100 more wicket's?

Yea he's more likely to make another 1000 runs before he gets 100 more wickets.

See simply the fact is there is no such player exept kapil dev who have reached 400 wicket and 4000 runs but as some of we know that end of his career he was not good at all and afterall he was forced to retire.In vettori case he is trying very hard on batting rather then bowling so maybe vettori should concentrate on bowling also that can really make 400 wicket and 4000 runs easily task for vettori.

See simply the fact is there is no such player exept kapil dev who have reached 400 wicket and 4000 runs but as some of we know that end of his career he was not good at all and afterall he was forced to retire.In vettori case he is trying very hard on batting rather then bowling so maybe vettori should concentrate on bowling also that can really make 400 wicket and 4000 runs easily task for vettori.

Yea perhaps. But I still think Vettori would be working a lot harder on his bowling then his batting. Just because his batting has improved doesn't mean he doesn't work as hard on his bowling anymore.

Yaa he work's on his bowling but not as hard because now he is not showing as much intrust in bowling as much in batting.Few years ago vettori was bowling 25 over's in an innings but now he only bowls 10,15 so maybe he should try to concentrate on bowling also.

Users who are viewing this thread