Daniel Vettori 400/4,000

Dude what the hell are you smoking? Vettori will easily get to 4,000 runs. He can even get to 5,000 if he moves up the order. The 100 wickets will be much harder, because he rarely has anyone to give him support at the other end.

Bother to read my post also i am saying also saying it will be easy for him to reach thousand rins it will be very hard for him to take hundred wicket's.
The 100 wickets will be much harder, because he rarely has anyone to give him support at the other end.
What are you saying he has lot's of support at other end jeetan patel is a class act in previous test between newzeland and srilanka he took 4 wicket's then also you are saying he dont have any support.:noway

Spinners only work in tandem in sub continent pitches. Everybody knows that.

In other parts like England and Australia, only World Class Spinners will be able to take wickets. (At test level)

Patel is no where near World Class. And I don't see how Martin and O'Brien are so threatening either. Oram is also washed up. If Bond comes back, and still has it in him, then and only then will Vettori have support. I don't see how you can just base your opinions on one match. There's a reason why New Zealand are at the bottom off the ICC Rankings. They don't have quality Test batsman or quality Test Bowlers. (With the exception of Vettori in both batting and bowling)

I dont thing there is any single team who have more then two quality spinners take south africa in test they have one spinner harris in oneday botha.Team like newzeland is not at bottom because of their bowler's but because of their batsmen they dont have any single test class batsmen.

What? New Zealand are equally bad with bat and ball. SA don't need a good spinner. They have enough quality Pacers. New Zealand don't have any bowlers who can frequently be a threat to the batsman. Vettori is a great bowler but his average is still 33 with the ball. Why? Because the batsman just see him off, and attack the others. If he had a Steyn or McGrath with him, then I guarantee his average would be around 25-27. Paul Harris is successful because he feeds off Steyn and Ntini. He doesn't need to build pressure, because the other bowlers do it for him. The same cannot be said about Vettori who has to do everything almost single-handedly.

Yes i agree vettori is not having very high quality bowlers.

On-Topic He can achieve this milestone what he should do is practice both batting and bowling equailly all solved thread closed.

You just took a whole U-turn on your "stance"

You went from saying that he has support to saying "vettori is not having very high quality bowlers."

Make up your mind, or at least think before you type.

No need if i will type more it will make us fightning so simple i agree with you that he is not having high quality bowler's in his side.

You just took a whole U-turn on your "stance"

You went from saying that he has support to saying "vettori is not having very high quality bowlers."

Make up your mind, or at least think before you type.

Easy tiger.

You're right though, the rest of our attack is average. O'Brien and Martin do an honest job, they try their best. But they're never going to be destroyers. We just hope they take a few wickets with the new ball and chip away.

I dont agree with you sanjeevc to be honest i think he can get wicket's easily but getting 1000 runs is big task no one can be in best form thorughout his life so maybe he can be out of form anytime.

LOL :facepalm, are you kidding me? Daniel Vettori has averaged around 40 with the bat in last 3 years and has scored 1300 odd runs with the bat in the last 3 years and 84 wickets at an average of 29. (Test)

In the past 12 months he has scored 747 runs at an average of 49 and has taken 46 wickets at an average of 28, so it seems as though the runs have come easier than the wickets,though his bowling has also been quite good as well.

Last edited:
What a cricketer, great acheivement from the spinner.

How goofy did he look when he first played for NZ? I lol everytime I see a picture of him.

I to lol when i see his old picture.:laugh@SanjeevcI am afraid saying dont compare him with his past he can be out of form any team he is not a professional batsmen who can score in all format's these days he is at his best form and let me tell you new zealnd have played very less matches in three year's believe that.

Anyone watch the crowd goes wild tonight?

Mark Richardson reckons he could make it to 500 wickets/5000 runs if he plays till he's 36-37. I have my doubts on that theory but he'll easily make the 400 wickets/4000 runs mark.

Richardson's a bit optimistic there. But i agree that Vettori will make the 400/4000 club. With the way NZ is playing he'll get there soon enough.

He will definately get to 400/400,he can still play for next 3 years,right now he is 30.. Lets see...

Just heard an interview with him yesterday.
He said his next personal goal was to get the 400/4,000 double.

Users who are viewing this thread