Das_vicky <2GT & 4GT> TV overlays

The megapatch comes with everything I have already downloaded, that's why I would personally request you to release the ESPN original overlay separately, it would be nice to get a glimpse of something new.

Last edited:
sid_19840 said:
In that case just download the part of the mega patch which contains the overlay.

I can do that, but that would mean that you would have to define what's in every single part of the megapatch, if this hasn't been done then it's just extra work for everyone that worked so hard to actually make the initial idea of the megapatch come true.

good point,but pl look at it frm our point of view,we need to have a couple of stuff that is exclusive for the mega patch so that ppl would be downloading it,so we decided to have the graphics selector and espn overlay exclusive for the mega patch,I hope u understand.

I'm not saying that I'm against having something exclusive in the megapatch, I'm just saying that it would be better for some people if everything that's in it was defined rather than downloading 70MB, especially people with low bandwidth, but in that case, at least state what is included in each part of the megapatch, that's just my opinion, anyone else have any other insight?

enigs........u may not realize our speculation regarding MegaPatch so i reluctant to release Graphics selector and ESPN separately..........also I made sure that no one can downlaod ESPN/Graphics selector separately, please try to understand

Don't worry das, I'm not complaining.. I really appreciate the work that you guys put into this, and I'll download this patch just to get your overlay along with the selector. I know that everyone involved in the patch thought it all over and decided what was best.

Bugs

Hi das_vicky,

I got ur ESPN patch & there seems to be some bugs
1.At the starting of the match I got wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on the infobar(played only 1 match,reason in point 4)
2.The team logo is not shown on the infobar even for ODIs
3.The spider lines are out of place
4.The game crashed when I chose heartbeat in stats menu.

See pics:

Attachments

• Cricket2005 2005-09-09 21-13-20-07.jpg
    Cricket2005 2005-09-09 21-13-20-07.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 184
  • Cricket2005 2005-09-09 21-14-51-05.jpg
    Cricket2005 2005-09-09 21-14-51-05.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 183
Oh gosh...........theses are lots of serious bugs...........dunno, actually everything was fine when i initailly created the patch myself...........must have see the screenshots i gave.............In my comp i only get the bug no 3&4 and that too in a strange way.. each time i edit the heartbeat.rfe and start the game, the rfe file is automatically being changed and some crap is added automatically to the rfe, dunno why its happenning........ guess i have to start the patch from scratch................can u afford me more time or should i post the patch in Patchteam forum for someone to take a look at it and may be fix the bugs??

I think we can all afford to give you more time, but since it's included in the megapatch, some of the newbies might create a bit of a fuss, das, maybe you can get people like me and bharat to test the overlays next time before releasing them exclusively and having things go wrong. I really hope you can fix these little glitches, other than that the screenshots for it looked fantastic. I also noticed where it says for eg. Mashrafe Mortaza to Ganguly, the wording goes out of the little box you created for it, I don't think that was intentional. I'm willing to help you in any way I can, at least as a tester.

Das I had the same problem when I released my Nine 2.0 patch. There were heaps of random errors occuring. Of course when I try it everything works perfectly although that was after I had major crashing problems.

I just went back to my previous copy which didn't crash and it seemed to work just fine.
So I just edited that and it seemed to work. Also you could try importing the rfe files into a fresh big file as maybe you may have courpted the size of the big file.

is the prob occuring when u download all the contents of the mega patch and install them or when ure using the overlays seperately?

Also das try solving the uninstallation problem of the mega patch,seems to be quite a serious bug.

Users who are viewing this thread