DBC 17 Online Gameplay Modifiers

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hello all so we have a major issue in online play.

Trying to work out if its bad or good especially in multiplayer gaming.

The gameplay modifiers are working and that can be easily used by opponents to play online to their advantage.

For e.g a fast medium bowler can bowl upto 80km slow plus a fast bowler can bowl upto 236 km/h . Pitches can have no bounce at all.

Also if you set up the spin difficulty high the spin bowler can bowl slow upto 54 km/h to fast to 160km/h

Pitches with no (0) bounce become quick sand where the ball just floats after a bounce to keeper.

I would suggest if the gameplay modifiers should be default in online gameplay.

Just to give a proper fair advantage to both sides as right now its favouring quite one sided if the other opponent has not modified his settings.

I have played online and its not all doom and gloom but would prefer if there was an option for default gameplay modifiers on hosting screen. So modifiers dont affect only just one player.

This post can also be helpful to players who are playing online and not used to gameplay modifiers.

Its pretty weird but challenging too at the same time.

Thanks @BigAntStudios for the game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah using sliders online would be great way to create interesting tournaments between players...Would be a big bonus for the FB DBC PC group @kushari ..

FollowOn

Club Captain
Sliders should work online in non ranked games but only host should have the option to set them up and it should be visible to other player at the starting screen but once the match has started none of the users should have the ability to alter it.

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah using sliders online would be great way to create interesting tournaments between players...Would be a big bonus for the FB DBC PC group @kushari ..

As of now I am not even thinking about any Online Tournaments for DBC17. Let us see how the game turn out to be on PC on release. Unless the overall online experience is better than DBC14 online experience, we will stick with DBC14 for our Online Tournaments.

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
As of now I am not even thinking about any Online Tournaments for DBC17. Let us see how the game turn out to be on PC on release. Unless the overall online experience is better than DBC14 online experience, we will stick with DBC14 for our Online Tournaments.
I am sure that it will awesome this time around with greater depth and with patches along the way it will get better and better..

francisjery

International Coach
I agree with @cricket_online, sliders taking effect in online matches won't add any fun at all. Only the host would what settings he has and create a team and edit all players skills accordingly. In that case all the matches will be won only by the host. What would be fun in it. If that is the case. There would several matches hosted but no one would join others game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Allowing users to set sliders will be a cheese-fest online. As it is folks find the glitches easily and if you provide them the ability to create those then you can kiss the thoughts of playing random online matches goodbye. I can see matches set with spinner difficulty 100, bounce 0 and a team loaded with dwarf spinners. Ranked online matches need to have a standard difficulty & standard settings a la Madden (where 'All Pro' is the online difficulty level) as it gives both the opponents an equal chance and limits cheesing to certain extent.[DOUBLEPOST=1483486240][/DOUBLEPOST]
They are all working online.

Then report it as a bug coz @MattW mentioned the sliders don't take effect online.

FollowOn

Club Captain
Online slider should work in private matches only but they should be there just for the sake of having a crazy little fun with your friends.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hello all so we have a major issue in online play.

Trying to work out if its bad or good especially in multiplayer gaming.

The gameplay modifiers are working and that can be easily used by opponents to play online to their advantage.

For e.g a fast medium bowler can bowl upto 80km slow plus a fast bowler can bowl upto 236 km/h . Pitches can have no bounce at all.

Also if you set up the spin difficulty high the spin bowler can bowl slow upto 54 km/h to fast to 160km/h

Pitches with no (0) bounce become quick sand where the ball just floats after a bounce to keeper.

I would suggest if the gameplay modifiers should be default in online gameplay.

Just to give a proper fair advantage to both sides as right now its favouring quite one sided if the other opponent has not modified his settings.

I have played online and its not all doom and gloom but would prefer if there was an option for default gameplay modifiers on hosting screen. So modifiers dont affect only just one player.

This post can also be helpful to players who are playing online and not used to gameplay modifiers.

Its pretty weird but challenging too at the same time.

Thanks @BigAntStudios for the game.

According to my knowledge they should not be working in Online Matches , but I havent checked it for myself , as I have not fiddled with sliders before .

It would not make any sense to have Sliders enabled in Online Matches in my opinion . Coupled with the fact that you cannot even see the difficulty of the match when an invite is sent to you , its literally a Lottery of what you are going to get online.

I for one cannot host succesfull Online Tournaments in a scenario like this , where every host can secretly fiddle with the difficulty and a slider here and there , and the opponent would be none the wiser.

Needs a looking in @MattW

We need either uniform settings for all matches (which I would think is the Only way to play online matches) , or all Variables should at the very least be visible BEFORE and DURING a match to both parties , through Public and Private matches.

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
According to my knowledge they should not be working in Online Matches , but I havent checked it for myself , as I have not fiddled with sliders before .

It would not make any sense to have Sliders enabled in Online Matches in my opinion . Coupled with the fact that you cannot even see the difficulty of the match when an invite is sent to you , its literally a Lottery of what you are going to get online.

I for one cannot host succesfull Online Tournaments in a scenario like this , where every host can secretly fiddle with the difficulty and a slider here and there , and the opponent would be none the wiser.

Needs a looking in @MattW

We need either uniform settings for all matches (which I would think is the Only way to play online matches) , or all Variables should at the very least be visible BEFORE and DURING a match to both parties , through Public and Private matches.

I have tested it all yesterday. All gameplay modifiers if tweaked before an online game will work for the player.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I have tested it all yesterday. All gameplay modifiers if tweaked before an online game will work for the player.

Report it as a bug and this will simply take away from the online experience as folks will come up with their own unique set of sliders to gain unfair advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread