DBC17 Commentary Blobset Creator

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So with this I could record short clips of commentators and then replace the in game commentary with the stuff I've got? Effectively giving me say Tony Greig and Richie Benaud?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So with this I could record short clips of commentators and then replace the in game commentary with the stuff I've got? Effectively giving me say Tony Greig and Richie Benaud?

In theory yes.

In practice, not so much.

You need to know the cue files and the right file lengths, intonation etc, to make it work. Otherwise it will probably sound worse than what we have already.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
lf you could get a cricket game in hd with 5.1 channels, you could grab the center channel which is only voice and make commentary from that. I only wish Channel 9 Rugby League was in hd, back when vossy was commentating.

Last edited:

Bluebagger

International Coach
rip the dream

papalazarou

Club Captain
Thanks Man. I've still got the .wav files from BLC99 (held on to almost religiously!) I'd love to replace the generic crowd sounds with these depending on the location I'm playing in. :thumbs

Bluebagger

International Coach
Thanks Man. I've still got the .wav files from BLC99 (held on to almost religiously!) I'd love to replace the generic crowd sounds with these depending on the location I'm playing in. :thumbs
It was honestly my dream to turn DBC 14 in to SWC 99, I created all the teams and thanks to @quincy159 1996 world cup kits I had the uniforms too but if we were able to get the awesome ambient sounds and commentary it could become much more of a reality in 17

papalazarou

Club Captain
It was honestly my dream to turn DBC 14 in to SWC 99, I created all the teams and thanks to @quincy159 1996 world cup kits I had the uniforms too but if we were able to get the awesome ambient sounds and commentary it could become much more of a reality in 17

Heh, your not the only one. If only all those years ago that game could have been the foundation/code base of all future cricket games!

By the way, has anyone created a full set of international teams from that era (late 90s)?

Bluebagger

International Coach
Heh, your not the only one. If only all those years ago that game could have been the foundation/code base of all future cricket games!

By the way, has anyone created a full set of international teams from that era (late 90s)?
I haven't created them yet because of uniforms but I could easily just download the players I had from DBC 14, problem is the linking was off

papalazarou

Club Captain
I haven't created them yet because of uniforms but I could easily just download the players I had from DBC 14, problem is the linking was off

Let me know if you do get around to it. Would love to relive those Lara v McGrath/Warne battles of the late nineties.

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there any video available with this commentary?

Users who are viewing this thread