DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

1. What should be the position of Right Stick and Left Stick to play i) Fine leg glance, and ii) Square leg glance? I can't seem to figure it out and it happens randomly.

it varies depending on line and length but i can guarantee its not random. for example just outside off would be 1.30 and rs shouldn't go below 7.30 o clock.

In the below vid you can see i start with LS at 12 struggle then change to 1.30 or 2 and connect regularly with glance, fine glance wont be possible in that particular delivery as its not angling in. when i change to inswing im able to fineglance easily, its not necessarily need to be inswinger just that when going for fineglance ball going down will be easier, so it will be even more use full say against leftarmers or around wkt bowlers. with inswinger even for square glance a 12-12.30 will work.

once i change the line im able to change footwork to 12-11.30 to connect well.

2. How do you play on drive through widish mid on towards forward deep mid wkt? i.e. what should be the position of left stick and right stick for the same? Currently I manage to hit the shot accidentally but can't figure out how.

getting in line with the ball a left hander it would be from 10-11 on ls, right hander 1-2. think apart from that pull animation playing out when the footwork isnt right its reasonably balanced.

3. How do you play the following cover drives, i.e. what should be the left stick & right stick position for the following...
i) Straightish Cover drive through extra cover
ii) Traditional drive through Covers
iii) A more squarish drive (sort of square drive) through cover point or point region

this mainly dependent on on all three factor foot work , delivery type and angle and RS direction. RS direction matters a lot but is not the be all.

For ex: for RHB to an out swinger outside off if i play with LS @ 12 o clock, you cover drive will go to cove region if its pointed at say 1-2 it will still go more towards cover, but if my LS is also at 1-2 it will go more towards extra cover since your closer to the ball.

while this may sound like a lot to do, it will kick in with muscle memory as time goes on like driving.

The only thing i would say is observe your LS and RS movements in academy and the resulting shots. The game is really indepth nothing random about it just a lot more variables play a part now like Footwork LS, timing, Bat direction RS, delivery pace and angle, pitch variation etc. give it time, it would be a real shame if we lost this indepth batting gameplay because we dont give it time to tick.

ps; sorry for the encode qualities still playing around with OBS.

Last edited:
On hard and above difficulties...

It's more like move the feet where the ball is landing, footwork seems to b more important thing now.
The timing and power in the shots is more when u have executed a proper foot work.

More investigation needed.

Overall enjoying the game...

On hard and above difficulties...

It's more like move the feet where the ball is landing, footwork seems to b more important thing now.
The timing and power in the shots is more when u have executed a proper foot work.

More investigation needed.

Overall enjoying the game...
Finally someone got the point..:thumbs

I've had a similar experience along with unpredictable leg glance shot. Before the patch leg glance used to be my "bread & butter" shot but is no longer so. Same with cover drives as I seem to hit them straight to the cover fielder. That's why want to know what exactly am I doing wrong with my footwork & timing. Even if I do manage to hit a shot through the gap by fluke, I can't seem to repeat the same. It seems all too random to me.
videos please so we can coach u :)

Big wheel only sometimes works i could have just made 50 and shows 3 shots
there is a reason for this, cannot quite remember, has something to do with simming and or restarting the game , will show only shots in current session -- maybe wrong though

there is a reason for this, cannot quite remember, has something to do with simming and or restarting the game , will show only shots in current session -- maybe wrong though
I didn't simulate or restart played from start of game right through numerous times

Is anyone having some issues with the international kits in career mode? I started a star one with Pete Handscomb and the only kit australia would wear was the ODI A even though all defaults were correct. So i deleted the ODI and Test away kits and started a new career, now only the t20 kit is used. Is there a way to fix this.

Platform: Xbox one
Game Version Number: 0.1.0.1.0879 (patch 3 downloaded)
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: T20
Teams used: Ind vs Sa downloaded
Ground:
Delhi park (not sure)
Over Count: 6.1
Issue (one line description): superhuman wk catches perfectly timed lofted late cut shot against spinner
Bug description (detail): superhuman wk jumps 5-6 feet in the air to catch lofted cut shot. They catch everyhing when u late cut a spinner. Normal shot...lofted shot...perfectly timed shot...everything late cut against spinners results in catch by keeper.

Please see pictures for reference. I am unable to post video. (It says uploaded file does not have allowed extension. I am trying to upload from iphone video library)

I think this issue should been as priority fix , and might be considered as options into greatest issues ever had in DBC17.
As per my understanding this issue should not be in live. QA could figure this out during there first round of testing if they had played atleast 2 cuts shots to a spinner

Im just about to start a new careeer mode again with a star player with the new Patch installed. Does anyone know if the issue has been resolved when you play the first 3 test, 1Day and T20 series then get dropped out of the International squads and can't get back in been sorted?

Judgement etc is upgraded with CXP (Career Experience points) and will update automatically after you level up, based on your performances in gameplay and achievements obtained...
Thanks for that. Sorry, my post went into the wrong thread and ..
it varies depending on line and length but i can guarantee its not random. for example just outside off would be 1.30 and rs shouldn't go below 7.30 o clock.

In the below vid you can see i start with LS at 12 struggle then change to 1.30 or 2 and connect regularly with glance, fine glance wont be possible in that particular delivery as its not angling in. when i change to inswing im able to fineglance easily, its not necessarily need to be inswinger just that when going for fineglance ball going down will be easier, so it will be even more use full say against leftarmers or around wkt bowlers. with inswinger even for square glance a 12-12.30 will work.

once i change the line im able to change footwork to 12-11.30 to connect well.

getting in line with the ball a left hander it would be from 10-11 on ls, right hander 1-2. think apart from that pull animation playing out when the footwork isnt right its reasonably balanced.

this mainly dependent on on all three factor foot work , delivery type and angle and RS direction. RS direction matters a lot but is not the be all.

For ex: for RHB to an out swinger outside off if i play with LS @ 12 o clock, you cover drive will go to cove region if its pointed at say 1-2 it will still go more towards cover, but if my LS is also at 1-2 it will go more towards extra cover since your closer to the ball.

while this may sound like a lot to do, it will kick in with muscle memory as time goes on like driving.

The only thing i would say is observe your LS and RS movements in academy and the resulting shots. The game is really indepth nothing random about it just a lot more variables play a part now like Footwork LS, timing, Bat direction RS, delivery pace and angle, pitch variation etc. give it time, it would be a real shame if we lost this indepth batting gameplay because we dont give it time to tick.

ps; sorry for the encode qualities still playing around with OBS.

The best post I have seen about DBC 17. I did give 2 hours of rigorous training yesterday after getting out too cheap frequently and I was amazed at how good the game actually is. I just used my LS Up or Down to play back-foot and front-foot shots lazily expecting the game cant be so precise and got out cheap at a frustrating frequency. In training I changed my camera type to Batsman Close and gave more importance to my footwork and moved closer to the pitch of the ball. Instantly I noticed more power and precision to the shots played. Also I played spinners late and early observing the ball very closely. FIFA and PES have been working on the football game for the past 12-14 years and they are still not there. But BIGANT did such a wonderful job in getting so many things correct in replicating the most complex game in such a short time, with just 2 iterations, Astonishing!! If there are any who deserves time to fix minor/major bugs, these guys do.

Last edited:
The best post I have seen about DBC 17. I did give 2 hours of rigorous training yesterday after getting out too cheaply frequently and I was amazed at how good the game actually is. I just used my LS Up or Down to play back-foot and front-foot shots lazily expecting the game cant be so precise and got out cheap at a frustrating frequency. In training I changed my camera type to Batsman Close and gave more importance to my footwork and moved closer to the pitch of the ball. Instantly I noticed more power and precision to the shots played. Also I played spinners late and early observing the ball very closely. FIFA and PES have been working on the football game for the past 12-14 years and they are still not there. But BIGANT did such a wonderful job in getting so many things correct in replicating the most complex game in such a short time, with just 2 iterations, Astonishing!! If there are any who deserves time to fix minor/major bugs, these guys do.
Exactly what people should be doing..Experiment with footwork in practice mode or even play a casual test just to see the footwork's importance and how well they have implemented..I have always felt the lack of importance of footwork in DBC 14 but that was first in the series and the gameplay was amazing as we were introduced to such a system for first time..No one would have thought one could invest such amount of hrs in a cricket game as its always been, pfft again this again that but DBC gave the variation we were looking for and Franco's tweak gave the game new life..Now this game has gone miles forward in terms of replicating real life batting mechanism as much as they can in a virtual game but that is never visible when you look from the outset and the depth needs to be experienced by investing time in this..Once you do that there's amazing cricket waiting for us..

Thanks for that. Sorry, my post went into the wrong thread and ..

The best post I have seen about DBC 17. I did give 2 hours of rigorous training yesterday after getting out too cheap frequently and I was amazed at how good the game actually is. I just used my LS Up or Down to play back-foot and front-foot shots lazily expecting the game cant be so precise and got out cheap at a frustrating frequency. In training I changed my camera type to Batsman Close and gave more importance to my footwork and moved closer to the pitch of the ball. Instantly I noticed more power and precision to the shots played. Also I played spinners late and early observing the ball very closely. FIFA and PES have been working on the football game for the past 12-14 years and they are still not there. But BIGANT did such a wonderful job in getting so many things correct in replicating the most complex game in such a short time, with just 2 iterations, Astonishing!! If there are any who deserves time to fix minor/major bugs, these guys do.
So the LS should be moved in all sorts of directions? This was the case in DB 14 on ps3, but not ps4....and it was fantastic! Can't wait to try this out (damn work!) I'd forgotten about that system on ps3...I hope I've got the right end of the stick (no pun intended) because the batting was sublime on ps3! (No simulating games though...that's why I bought it again on ps4). Thanks...great post! Please tell me I'm right!?!

Had a wonderful test match. Finally won by 2 wickets. Enjoying the game. Hope they fix outstanding issues in next patch.

Attachments

• IMG_20170126_221809561_HDR.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 197
Exactly what people should be doing..Experiment with footwork in practice mode or even play a casual test just to see the footwork's importance and how well they have implemented..I have always felt the lack of importance of footwork in DBC 14 but that was first in the series and the gameplay was amazing as we were introduced to such a system for first time..No one would have thought one could invest such amount of hrs in a cricket game as its always been, pfft again this again that but DBC gave the variation we were looking for and Franco's tweak gave the game new life..Now this game has gone miles forward in terms of replicating real life batting mechanism as much as they can in a virtual game but that is never visible when you look from the outset and the depth needs to be experienced by investing time in this..Once you do that there's amazing cricket waiting for us..

While.getting the front foot to the pitch of the ball is gr8, how does the Backfoot play then work?

Following the rule of move L's where the ball is landing and ignoring the front or Backfoot play is working gr8, but its not totally satisfying.

Example...
Short of Good length balls on a hard pitch landing on the leg stump coming into the right hander.

Backfoot ON drive .....
Back foot glance

Front foot glance....

Sweep slog
Leg side Slog front foot..

Out of the above. Back foot on drive n glance are near to impossible in dbc17 which was possible in dbc14 with a proper animation.

I as a gamer, would prefer a gameplay with me choosing front or backfoot by judging the length correctly, not so much the feet direction. And a proper back foot play and animation. ( atleast same a dbc14).

Will try the modifiers options of foot movement.n post results.

Users who are viewing this thread