DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

I knew that post would come when I made the original, and it's a reasonable post to make - we will make the PS4 and Xbox Version come into line with the PC version ASAP.[DOUBLEPOST=1484802323][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: We just turned the sprinklers off... but there's another surprise for them instead :)

Console had a patch within days of release, indeed two of them. We put them out as fast as is possible given the restraints of the platform. The "guinea pigs" are the Beta group that test for us on PC.

Games with complex User Generated Content (such as DBC) and online elements are rarely shipped in a condition that does not require further work/patches. Even the largest studios cannot find the amount of time for testing that is equivalent to the literally millions of hours that the game will face in its first week of release.

I believe that the game is more than playable straight out of the box but I acknowledge that there are some issues that should not have been overlooked/not found by our QA department, things at BA in that department have changed because of this release - it won't happen again.

So what....they tested but couldnt see that there were issues when a batsman took off for a run? Thats interesting!

I couldnt care less what people think. The fact is I spent my money on this game and its sub standard.

So where is Big Ant's response on here that they are aware that numerous consumers are not happy with the product that they went to market with?

Has anyone experienced career selection issues since patch 3? Played about 30 games and the selection status hasn't changed once

I am a bowling all rounder and am 67 ovr and every 2 or 3 games I get a shot being popped up to my player whilst bowling however the reaction catch meter does not appear. I assumed the problem was "reflex catching" which I maxed out at 90 while also upgrading my "catching" and "close" to 55 each. Even after all these upgrades the reaction meter doesn't appear. If anyone knows if this is a problem or if I need to increase a certain stat to a certain level please let me know by replying.

NOTE: I am a fast medium bowler playing on Legend difficulty and Hard bowling difficulty.

Yeah i'm having the same issue on career mode as well, also bowling all-rounder at fast-medium pace and I have tried on various difficulties and it still hasn't shown up also not sure if it's due to a lack of stats but my player should have at least had a chance to reflex catch by now.

It's just lumped in under the 'stability improvements' item - stuttering rather than crashing would be a distinct issue. If there's specific combinations of teams/stadium/camera/mode that are particularly bad for you, I can look into those.

This is what I have tried:

Attempt 1: Play with default teams at a default stadium.
Result: Game works smooth and fine, no issues

Attempt 2: Play with custom teams (with logos and bats and kits etc.) at a default stadium (I downloaded the teams from here: The PlanetCricket Don Bradman 17 'Which teams to download' thread | Page 29 - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums I picked India (me) and Australia (AI) and decided to play at The Melbourne Oval.
Result: Game works fine for a while, then you start noticing the lags as the game progresses.

Attempt 3: Play with custom teams (with logos and bats and kits etc.) at a custom stadium with custom adboards. I picked India (me) and Australia (AI) and decided to play at Wankhede Stadium.
Result: This is the worst in terms of performance. The bowler action starts lagging from Ball 1. You can clearly feel the difference between 1 (above) and 3.

P.S: In all the games, I use Batsman Close camera. Moving batting camera to Batsman Far seems to make it smooth though my personal choice for batting is Batting Close camera, so would love to have it playable in Close cam. I have recorded 1 over footage of all 3 attempts mentioned above which I can share if further details are needed.

Last edited:
i set my xbox one to 720p and that stuttering does not occur with patch 3 anymore.

After downloading the patch 3 and playing for a few days I have had two issues with the game.

1. After the 20th over usually the bowling glitches out, due to that when I play any kind of shot the timing is completely off. I was playing an ODI and I was about 300/4 and right after it started to glitch I got all out in the next 5 overs.

2. I was playing t20I and a fielder caught my ball and just ran across the boundary and the umpire gave me out.

After downloading the patch 3 and playing for a few days I have had two issues with the game.

1. After the 20th over usually the bowling glitches out, due to that when I play any kind of shot the timing is completely off. I was playing an ODI and I was about 300/4 and right after it started to glitch I got all out in the next 5 overs.

2. I was playing t20I and a fielder caught my ball and just ran across the boundary and the umpire gave me out.

What do you mean by bowling "glitches out"? So far my playing experience has been pretty good post patch 3.

Apologies if this has been asked but is there a way to see our international stats separately. So far I just see [First Class, List A and Twenty20]. I think these are inclusive of our domestic stats as well. Can we track only our international stats somehow? Is this missing or have I just missed it? Thanks all.

Apologies if this has been asked but is there a way to see our international stats separately. So far I just see [First Class, List A and Twenty20]. I think these are inclusive of our domestic stats as well. Can we track only our international stats somehow? Is this missing or have I just missed it? Thanks all.
It's missing unfortunately.

Why do I have 4 Mitchell Starc on my team and a few other players have doubles is this a bug that needs fixing it's really annoying

Why do I have 4 Mitchell Starc on my team and a few other players have doubles is this a bug that needs fixing it's really annoying

So you have 4 Mitchell Starcs in your Academy?

The duplicate player issue could only be fixed in cases where the players were correctly linked - if you started a career that contained teams with unlinked players, then there's no way of the game distinguishing two players that share the same name or where they were meant to be linked between the various teams they are on.

The duplicate player issue could only be fixed in cases where the players were correctly linked - if you started a career that contained teams with unlinked players, then there's no way of the game distinguishing two players that share the same name or where they were meant to be linked between the various teams they are on.
how do I fix that issue then ?

What do you mean by bowling "glitches out"? So far my playing experience has been pretty good post patch 3.
When I usually bat its like the ball stutters for a while before bouncing on the pitch. Due to that whenever I play a shot the timing is messed up and I get out. Maybe its only happening to me that is why I didn't post it on the glitches forum.

When I usually bat its like the ball stutters for a while before bouncing on the pitch. Due to that whenever I play a shot the timing is messed up and I get out. Maybe its only happening to me that is why I didn't post it on the glitches forum.
This happens with me mostly with spinners. The ball stutters just before it pitches. Hopefully it is sorted in the next patch. This does not happen in default stadium with default squads.

Users who are viewing this thread