DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

ScourgeOz

School Cricketer
Thanks for the patch. Just need one clarification, can we use the custom logo's without any crash?
I believe so on PS4... I had 3x international teams before the update with no custom logos and these caused the game to crash after update if I tried to go to identity in academy... I redownloaded with images and thus far haven't had a crash.

Zaneo

Club Captain
I
They are small but really annoying issues, I wonder if Big Ant can release a patch 3.1 soon that only fixes these small bugs. I'm not sure if it's possible to release a 'minor bug fixes' patch on console within the next couple days but I really hope Big Ant can do it.
I wouldn't have thought so otherwise why release this one why not wait a week or 2

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
So i was playing the game after a while SA V Aus and have updated the game with the latest patch. And to my surprise the game crashed.

Match Type :5 overs

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
What do you mean? So they get updated if we update them in the academy?

I hope this is the case, I'd be spewing if I had to restart my career for the changes to take place. Just got selected for the 3 Starc Australian team.

Paul Saw

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's ok but I don't like it. Now everytime I try and play straight the batsman backs away. Why change that? What I have to play through the line of the ball every ball now? I should be able to play across the line like I used to. Batting was hard enough before this now it's stupid. I play on broadcast not first person.

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had a few minutes to try the patch in a casual match this morning (PS4). Quick notes -

1. Cover drives working fine, was also able to play a shot very fine on the leg side
2. Fielding 1 Camera as Running Camera is a god-send and has changed the entire experience for me
3. Appreciate the direct shortcut (Touchpad on PS4) for Field Editor

Some issues:
1. Field Editor bugs not yet completely resolved - though I see a new button (Square on PS4) which says "Apply to All". In my experience, Preset fields worked fine about 4 out of 5 times. And my custom field refused to be set properly even after trying 4-5 times. Guess, still quite a lot of work to be done on Field Editor for the next patch
2. I played the only match in a custom stadium and used Batsman Close cam. I can definitely see stutters / lags while the bowler is running in and in general when the shot is played. Probably the logo issues are not completely resolved yet.

Will try to add more points after playing for a longer time. In the meanwhile, can someone from BA please confirm if the memory leaks issue resulting from usage of custom logos resolved in Patch 3? @MattW @BigAntStudios @HBK619

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Had a few minutes to try the patch in a casual match this morning (PS4). Quick notes -

1. Cover drives working fine, was also able to play a shot very fine on the leg side
2. Fielding 1 Camera as Running Camera is a god-send and has changed the entire experience for me
3. Appreciate the direct shortcut (Touchpad on PS4) for Field Editor

Some issues:
1. Field Editor bugs not yet completely resolved - though I see a new button (Square on PS4) which says "Apply to All". In my experience, Preset fields worked fine about 4 out of 5 times. And my custom field refused to be set properly even after trying 4-5 times. Guess, still quite a lot of work to be done on Field Editor for the next patch
2. I played the only match in a custom stadium and used Batsman Close cam. I can definitely see stutters / lags while the bowler is running in and in general when the shot is played. Probably the logo issues are not completely resolved yet.

Will try to add more points after playing for a longer time. In the meanwhile, can someone from BA please confirm if the memory leaks issue resulting from usage of custom logos resolved in Patch 3? @MattW @BigAntStudios @HBK619
Are you on xbox one? I am also having stutters during bowler run up, playing shots and even while looking around field (pressing RT)..i tried to unplug xbox one and start again...but the same issue...i will try it again when i go home in the evening...

Zaneo

Club Captain
Played 4 overs new cover drive is beautiful but batting feels very different will have to learn all over thats okay plus like the addition of projected totals at certain run rates

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you on xbox one? I am also having stutters during bowler run up, playing shots and even while looking around field (pressing RT)..i tried to unplug xbox one and start again...but the same issue...i will try it again when i go home in the evening...

No. I am on PS4. I think the game in general needs optimisation (there are reports of lags, stutters on all 3 platforms) apart from fixing the logo related memory issues. Hopefully that can be a key focus area for the next patch along with Field Editor issues.

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So, i dwnloaded the newer version of Essex from @karolkarol which has no Alistair Cook in team roster, went back into career, Essex were next opponents, A/C was there opening the batting, so to me ( I maybe wrong) but it looks like a new career is required as teams dnt seem to update in an existing career.

But, when i go into academy team manager, A/C is still in the Essex team, im so confused :facepalm

But Essex logo had changed from original to proper one, and Kent one was the original, so i quit out and dwnloaded his Kent team, went back in and the logo had changed from original to new.

On a plus note Thanks BA batting is gr8 and to see project/current run rate at bottom from screen is class :yes

Last edited:

Rohit Basu

Banned
Update Notes:

GAMEPLAY
Improved shot range
Added detailed information to score HUD
Improve physics detection on stumpings
Corrected an instance of LBW not being called if hitting the batsmans shoe

CAREER
Add more batting and bowling statistics in career
Fix duplicate players in career
Expand my player tile to view skills, equipment, selection status and career statistics

ACADEMY
Popular Teams/Players tile sorts by rating
Usability improvements
Add quick download option in community menu

GENERAL
Stability improvements
Add fielding camera options to running camera
Add field editor to 'View' Button on Xbox One and 'Touch Pad' button on PS4

--------------------

Thanks everyone for their feedback so far, and thanks for playing!
Thanks a great work by big ant, regarding batting playing leg glance in backfoot the batsman still plays a pull shots, one more thing I noticed the batsman pauses a bit before taking a run. No broadcast camera in training mode. Feild settings are still a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread