Your Cricket Death Overs Experience

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Share your best/worst experience of the death overs.

Best: Made a hat-trick by taking four wickets in four balls when opposing team required 10 runs with 6 wickets left. Although I am not a good bowler at all.

Worst: Something very similar to Misbah-ul-Haq. I opened the innings and with wickets falling constantly at the other end. I scored a 50 while chasing 100+ (don't remember the exact score). In last two overs we needed around 30 runs and I started some fine hitting. I faced the last ball with only four runs required and I missed the ball. Probably the most disappointing moment of my cricket :facepalm

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Best: Made a hat-trick by taking four wickets in four balls when opposing team required 10 runs with 6 wickets left. Although I am not a good bowler at all.
You did a Malinga!

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Well i was captain of My side and we were playing a match with a rival colony in their home ground. it was 5000 RS match and one of my best friend was bowling.
They were needed 13 runs off 1 Ball . He bowl a beamer (no-ball) and that gone for six. Then He bowl a over-pitch bowl and that also gone for six.

Although we lost the match, but will not forget this moment in my life.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Was on both ends last season.
Failed to score 5 runs off the last over when batting :( and conceded 8 off the final over when bowling. Whoops.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
It happened YESTERDAY, couldn't chase 4 runs from 18 balls with 6 wickets in hand!
Probably our team was outplayed completely!
This guy, took five in an over, and one batsman went out by not standing on the crease while the ball was being delivered! Bit of seriousness crept in when he was dismissed in a new fashion, but since I (from the same team) knew it and declared him out, the batsman was convinced!

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Conceding a six off the last ball when the oppn. needed seven runs to win. :(

Best: Slammed two sixes of the first two balls off the last over when we needed 15 to win.

alexczarn

Club Captain
7 to win off the last over, 6 to tie, and we lose.:facepalm:facepalm

My batting was the problem I think.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Cause I was most of the time last man in I found myself going in with a few overs to go had to just throw the bat at everything. Often crashed and burned

Amar791849

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Way Back to May 3rd Week,2010..

It was the Last Practice Match at the Coaching Camp Before We Left Off to Bangalore for National Tournament..

We Bowled First Initially ; On a Damp Wicket.. the Opposition Team Scored 179.. in 30 Overs.Next Day Morning ; We Got off to a Great start. 45/0 in 7 Overs. After 20 Overs it was 130/4 ..

We Were Cruising Towards Victory .. But All Things Turned Around .. By the End of 29th over it was 172/9..
I was Last Batsmen to Walk in.. I Was Getting Nervous Since I Mis-Fielded atleast 3-4 times Which had Costed A lot for my team (atleast 15-20 Runs). i Was thinking what How Will my team members Take on Me If We Lost.

The other Batsmen Was in Strike and He Was There at the Crease For about 10 Overs.

First Couple Of Balls Were Dot ; Third Ball Was a Boundary Towards Mid-Wicket and Fourth Ball Was Single.

3 Runs Reqd of 2 Balls .. I Got the Strike .

Fifth Ball was a Dot. 3 Runs Reqd of 1 Ball .. I was Getting Nervous About What to Do ;I Just Played Only 2 Balls,..

Last Ball was a NO BALL.. !! :D ..

2 Runs Reqd of 1 Ball..

I Just Played Normal Defensive Shot(Grounded The Ball Near the Crease) And Took a Quick Single.. a TIE..!!

In the Bowl-out:
we Defeated The Other Team by 4-0..

It was Thrilling Experience ; There was Chance To Take Another Single in the last Ball.i Couldn;t Do it Since i Ran Down Almost Till Bowler Start-Up/mid - on

nicky083

School Cricketer
1 run required for the opposition in the final over (scores level) with one wicket in hand. I dropped a low catch in the previous over which meant i spilled the chances of our victory. I was given the ball in the final over and the first delivery the batsman was bowled! Unfortunately that was a front foot no-ball.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
I still remember mine . I guess it was 12 to win of the last over , & the fielders were bizzare . Even our best fielder dropped a sitter of a catch . I remember the last ball or just flashes of it . On the leg stump , batsmen flicks it towards the leg side . The fielder could have just been defensive & collected to let them get a run , but instead he ran towards it & 'poof!' , we lost .

Regarding batting , my team needed I guess 3 from 6 balls . I edged the ball to the slip cordant , but the bloke made a mess of it & to save it he gave it to the keeper , the keeper was astonished . That's all I remember , next thing you know it's a 4 :) .

When I see this thread I think it says Death Eaters experience :p

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I love the death overs! With the bat I have a few interesting experiences, including putting on a really quick 50 partnership for the 9th wicket to win the game. Hit the winning runs in that one with a dab down to third man.

With the ball, I'm seriously good there. I remember one game, against a guy who was playing England Midlands age group, I got him, his batting partner, and kept them to three off the over to win by two runs. I was delighted with that, especially given that that game was in 25ish degree heat (enough to get sweaty), and despite getting out for a duck (opening the innings) I promptly had to go back in to be a runner for our number three who hit 90. Fun times.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Best: I was the captain of our team , we were playing 2 overs match and 5 players in each team , I bowled out the team in the first over which was 5/3 my best figures although I am a leg spinner I was opening the bowling and when the batting came , the openers got out for 0 and we needed 4 off the last over , we were 3/0 and suddenly the batsman on the other end got out , we needed 4 from the last ball and I smashed it for a six and we won .

Worst: I was opening and I defended 10 balls then got out for 0 . :D

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I am 14.I played a match.I read in class 8.I play cricket and football regularly.Played a match with class 9.Our team needed 13 runs to win off the last over.first three balls of the last over were dots.Then a batsman is out.I came to bat when team needed off the last ball.The bowler bowled a wide-four.that means we still need 8 off the last ball.then it's a no-ball called by the umpire and I hitted a four.Haha still it's last ball+free hit and we needed 3.then i hitted and it's gone for a four.Unbelievable isn't it!It's true.
Then in another match i was bowling.Opposition needed 19 runs to win off 2 overs with 5 wickets in hand.in the very first ball of the over i was punished with a SIX.next three balls were wickets.2 run outs and a caught and bowled by me.then in the next ball it's a single.last ball of my over was a dot.I am a off spinner in my team.last over they needed 12 to win with two wickets.one of my friends bowled that over.i picked up a catch on the very first ball of the over.then on the last ball they needed 3 to win.my friend bowled a yorker and the batsman was bowled.And we won the match.
My personal best:125* of 89 balls with the bat.
My personal best:4/13 of 8 overs with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread