Demo Impressions Thread

1_Damo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not sure that you will find the wicket keeper animations in many coaching manuals!!

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Some of the shot animations still annoy me tho....like that wristy flick on the front foot and the ball flying into the stands. Not even a 15ft gilchrist can strike a ball like that. The pace the ball moves off the bat especially when u play that shot is just rediculous.

Rammstein

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like Cricket 07 is set for the delete key
Love this Demo
Remember , its only THE DEMO
I remember when everyone was bagging the GTR2 demo when it came out.
When the ACTUAL game was released it was a winner.
I cannot wait till the full game is released so my fielders and wicket keeper can hold catches.
Bring it in !!!!!!!!!
:D

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Valaskjalf said:
Some of the shot animations still annoy me tho....like that wristy flick on the front foot and the ball flying into the stands. Not even a 15ft gilchrist can strike a ball like that. The pace the ball moves off the bat especially when u play that shot is just rediculous.

Yeah but on the harder difficulty levels the ball comes on faster, but moves off the same, so will look way more realistic.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
I've had a bizarre runout happen twice now. Basically the bowler retrieves the ball and throws at the stumps. It goes for overthrows and the strike batsman runs. The ball comes back to the keeper and both batsmen are at the non-strikers end.
Yep, thats happened to me too.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
my highest score--- 102 in 10.0 overs:D (remind you its the first time i am playing blic)

my best bowling figure 5/32 in 4 overs by saj mahmood. he actually celebrated after getting the fifth wicket by holding the ball up for the crowd.:). were anyone able to get a c&b out. i got two and the best part of it you dont have to do it urself.

i am getting better at catches. i am catching 4 out of every 5 attempts in anywhere except behind the wicket.:) behind the wicket it's actually poor with 2/5 catches.:(

cnbd_novice

International Coach
i got two and the best part of it you dont have to do it urself.

I did not yet have the opportunity to get a caught and bowled out, however your above descriptions have awaken a dreadful instinct. I received the impression that in Brian Lara 2007, the caught and bowled outs are automatic exactly as it was in Brian Lara 2005. However can you please aensure if that is the case.

This game is turning out to be one of the greatest game of all time, despite the pathetic performance of my graphics card. The only aspect that I would oppose to is the catching system. The camera view moves too quickly from the batsman to the fielder to have the opportunity to even realize that the opportunity of a catch has risen.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a couple of questions:

Is there a leave ball button in the Demo?

And are the Shots EXACTLY the same in style as '05?

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Here is my impressions of the game on both Xbox 360 and PC:

- Batting on this easy level is ok. Will be great on the harder levels no doubt.
- I danced down the wicket, hit it to mid off and was out stumped because my batsman on strike did not try to get back into his crease. No doubt I need to actually press the button to return to crease.
- Hope they fix the not running past the stumps when getting back to crease. They just put their bats down SLOWLY and look at the other end. Been out a few times.
- Bowling is fun. Will be interesting on more difficult levels.
- Catching is so fast. Just a bit too difficult I think for a relaxing game of cricket.
- Throwing is weird as I've hit the middle line so many times and yet the keeper still takes it nowhere near the stumps. He just doesn't drop it. I've missed some run out chances because of it.
- All in all though am so looking forward to this one mainly on the 360. Big screen high definition goodness. Bring it on...

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
loving this game. i already uninstalled ea cricket from one of my pc. will delete it from my laptop after the blic full game comes out.:D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The demo is growing on me the more I play it, I'm starting to seriously consider getting it now, as before I was 50/50.

The only really annoying thing is I can't figure out which buttons to use when fielding, I can bat and bowl great now, but fielding is horrible, I haven't taken a single catch yet, or thrown to the bowler's end.

Users who are viewing this thread