Review Demo impressions thread

I guess they coded leg glance to the backfoot coz for playing leg glance in real life we had to wait on the backfoot. Not a lot of people play leg glance while their weight is on the frontfoot. So i guess we had to think on which foot our wieght would be in real life to play proper shots in AC 09. I guess that the idea behind shot selection.

They had to sort the Camera and antialiasing problem in the final version as they ruin the look of the game. Off topic: ATI guys really need to sort the shadow issues in their graphics card, Am i the only one non-Nvidia user who is getting weird flickering shadows?? 4870 is by no means a bad card.

Has anyone swept\reverse swept a spinner yet?

I've done it against my flat mate, but not the AI as they havent bowled with a spinner. I was actually trying to cut towards the third man region, but my novice status meant I hit front foot rather than back foot and a reverse paddle was the result. Shame I missed the ball..

I guess they coded leg glance to the backfoot coz for playing leg glance in real life we had to wait on the backfoot. Not a lot of people play leg glance while their weight is on the frontfoot. So i guess we had to think on which foot our wieght would be in real life to play proper shots in AC 09. I guess that the idea behind shot selection.

They had to sort the Camera and antialiasing problem in the final version as they ruin the look of the game. Off topic: ATI guys really need to sort the shadow issues in their graphics card, Am i the only one non-Nvidia user who is getting weird flickering shadows?? 4870 is by no means a bad card.

No graphical issues for me; are you sure your card is not overheating? That can cause such things to happen.

It is possible to play leg glance on front foot, but it looks very odd and isn't that effective.

I've done it against my flat mate, but not the AI as they havent bowled with a spinner. I was actually trying to cut towards the third man region, but my novice status meant I hit front foot rather than back foot and a reverse paddle was the result. Shame I missed the ball..

That's a shame but still I bet it will look sweet the first time you connect with one on the full game. I've been like a kid at xmas over the last few weeks at the thought of this game coming out.

Look, did you even read the previous page :P

Have you even read this link which you've now quoted twice in this thread? The subject mentions "(360 and PS3) demo" but there is nothing in the thread mentioning a PS3 demo release. The guy who created the post most probably assumed if its out on 360, its out for the PS3 as well.

whats with the poor ground textures & jaggies.

Im on a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz , 4GB RAM , 9600GT 512mb & im running the game only on 1280x1024

Can others post screenshots of their in game stuff, so that we may adjudge how the game looks graphically on a PC as compared to Xbox 360.

No graphical issues for me; are you sure your card is not overheating? That can cause such things to happen.

It is possible to play leg glance on front foot, but it looks very odd and isn't that effective.

Mate I have played some amazing leg glances on front foot going to the ropes and it looks very very real. Something Dravid like.

Maybe its to do with the quality of the player!

Controller Support

No support for Logitech or Saitek controllers in game? Can't see anything on Codies forum as to whether controllers other than 'Games for Windows' controller will be useable.

That's exactly why I got myself an Xbox 360 pad - I can see this state of affairs continuing.

Has anyone swept\reverse swept a spinner yet?

Yes only a normal sweep off a spinner, not seen a reverse sweep yet.

Just had another game against a mate, this game really excels in mutiplayer. Had a really close game with only 17 runs on the board and he was using a spinner for his 3 overs to keep it tight and the field out, went down to the last ball................KP, WHACK, 6 tp win the game!!!!

Batting is so much tougher this time round against a human bowler the bluff balls and change in pace can really mess with a batsmens timing, can see some epic games on Live on this ahead!!! :-)

This game gets better and better each time I play it!!

Last edited:
this should help you guys

"----------------------------------------
III. Supported Controllers
----------------------------------------

We recommend the following controllers for the best game play experience:

- Xbox 360 Controller? for Windows?

Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo provides default configurations for the above, meaning that you should be able to plug-and-play, with no tweaking required."

It'd very difficult to judge a game by it's demo but whatever I played on my PC,it just seems to be an improved version of BLIC 2007,which is a good sign and it gives us hope that we are heading in the right direction.

Looking forward to the full game.

Hi, this game i playing well and looks good so far. However, I have 3 little complaints regarding Flintoff.

1. His character model and face looks nothing like him!!!
2. For some reason, against the Aussies, he was batting at 11 in the demo?!?!
3. His bat is a default Codemasters one!!!

I know this is probably going to be fixed for the full release so lets hope. Besides, the editor in-game might let us change it. (Fingers Crossed!)

Users who are viewing this thread