Review Demo impressions thread

Lots of anderson face preview but not preview of hughes face katich face and all anyone here able to take screenshot of these players.:)

Lots of anderson face preview but not preview of hughes face katich face and all anyone here able to take screenshot of these players.:)

If the freddie preview is anything to go by you can expect to be dissapointed.

Who honestly thought that was an acceptable effort. It blows my mind that someone, somewhere said "well done that's good enough to be in the game"

flintoff face is not that bad but it is looking more like prior rather then flintoff to be honest.i dont think all faces are some face can be excellent you never know.:)

flintoff face is not that bad but it is looking more like prior rather then flintoff to be honest.i dont think all faces are some face can be excellent you never know.:)

He reminds me of Bopara, apart from skintone. That's how bad his face is. There are a few good ones, like Ponting, Panesar and Anderson.

Absolutely correct some faces are good.I saw some faces in preview anderson was great ponting was like bush:laugh monty was awesome some good one's.One question can we play with any team in demo.:)

Last edited:
Absolutely correct some faces are good.I saw some faces in preview anderson was great ponting was like bush:laugh monty was awesome some good one's.One questiopn can we play with any team in demo.:)

I very much doubt it, but I'll just go and check for you.

Stay tuned...

Edit: No, only England/Australia.

I downloaded the PC version earlier to see how it compared to the 360.
I did not notice any silly AI runouts but only played 5 games. Can anyone on playing the PC version confirm if this is still an issue?

Your advice please fellow PC'ers

Do I download the PC demo, or wait for the PS3 one?

Having a PS3, I would've loved to play it on the PS3 first, but we're not even sure if that's going to happen, so I'm going to try it on my PC.

After all, the PS3 version should be better than the PC :p

Btw, just an odd question, how much does normal shipping cost to Canada?

Edit: No, only England/Australia.
Yes make sense clearing my doubt if we can play with all team why we will buy full-version then all will play demo.:)nice to hear response from people but when i start downloading ashescricket09 it is written it will take 5 hour so long.:crying

My quick impressions:

Cons:
No silly AI runouts during my playtime, though i got out couple of time by direct hit.:)
AI is really tough. Yet to win a match.

Cons:
No Antialiasing. Game has nice graphics but without AA they look bad. I tried forcing with Catalyst but no change. I hope this problem is just in the demo build not the final one.
Camera, really needs to be corrected. Even slip catches to AI looks bad when camera suddenly zoom so much.

Some people were complaining that the player is playing backfoot shots like hook on a yorker length ball even when they pressed frontfoot button. Well this happened with me too but this is not the bug. I found that if you are late on the shot then the player play that silly shot or when you are early in the inningas and try to hit out of the park from the first ball. Flintoff took a hattrick by bowling three consecutive yorkers before i realized what was the problem. LOL

P.S: Need a Demo Expander desperately. 3 Over isnt enough time to build a innings in test match fashion.

My quick impressions:

Cons:
No silly AI runouts during my playtime, though i got out couple of time by direct hit.:)
AI is really tough. Yet to win a match.

Cons:
No Antialiasing. Game has nice graphics but without AA they look bad. I tried forcing with Catalyst but no change. I hope this problem is just in the demo build not the final one.
Camera, really needs to be corrected. Even slip catches to AI looks bad when camera suddenly zoom so much.

Some people were complaining that the player is playing backfoot shots like hook on a yorker length ball even when they pressed frontfoot button. Well this happened with me too but this is not the bug. I found that if you are late on the shot then the player play that silly shot or when you are early in the inningas and try to hit out of the park from the first ball. Flintoff took a hattrick by bowling three consecutive yorkers before i realized what was the problem. LOL

P.S: Need a Demo Expander desperately. 3 Over isnt enough time to build a innings in test match fashion.

Yes. The hard difficulty is useless, because three overs isn't enough to play the way it requires. Also, about frontfoot/backfoot? Some shots (the leg-glance, for example) are always played on the backfoot. If you play a leg glance with frontfoot, the animation looks weird and the shot is not as effective as if you play it with the backfoot, even if it's quite a full ball. Played with the backfoot, it looks like a proper leg glance.

Users who are viewing this thread