Review Demo impressions thread

Do you mean when the real Aussie players were playing the game? It'd be set up for them on the latest build at that point, it wouldn't have been a demo.

Yea, that's what i was thinking they would be playing the full game but shouldn't there be a ps3 demo as a early build of the game? O well if they don't bring out a ps3 demo i'll download the pc one:)

Another query for those who have played the demo - when batting does the ball always go within the yellow cone aim doofer thingmajig ...... (you know what i mean :) From watching some videos it always seems to go into a gap where the batsman is aiming within the highlighted cone. This was a major annoyance of mine in previous BLIC games as the ball always went within the aiming cone through a gap and never hit a nearby fielder. So I was just wondering what the experience is this time round and if there is an option to turn this off or even reduce the time it is displayed? like maybe to just a second before you hit the ball.

If you mistime the shot it won't go exactly where you want it, it could skew up into the air, still go through the gap, or go straight to the fielder.

Questions to guys from Transmission games and Codemasters

Some questions to the guys from transmission games and codemasters

1) What built was the demo? Is that the final built?

2) Are you guys going to use the next 10 days (roughly) tweaking the game? Or is the final version already ready?

3) I am sorry if this was asked before but is there a co op play, where u and a friend can play as the same team, controlling 2 batsman, bowling overs alternatively etc ? If this is possible, can we do it on the same computer with 2 controllers? or is it only possible only across a LAN?

4) The demo on XBOX live, is that (like some forum members where speculating) a cut down version of the orignal game? With certain aspects of commentary and gameplay animations taken of ?

5) Is there a PC demo coming out this week? If so, will it be the same as that on XBOX live?

I dont think it will. One of the mods said not to expect a ps3 demo at all. Being a pessimist I think I am inclined to agree with him

I just emailed codemasters support about the PS3 demo here is what they said:

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

We are planning a demo for the PS3 version of Ashes Cricket 2009, but do not have an exact date for release yet, unfortunately."

So for those people waiting for the PS3 demo email [email protected] and ask about it and hopefully the more enquiries they get the faster they will release it!

The game is due out in around nine days - surely it has gone Gold by now (final version ready for release)?

As the release date is so close, i do not expect a lot of improvements suggested in this thread making it to the game. But i wish Transmission guys are already working on the patch after reading al these suggestions to correct the bugs which they have forgotten to fix in the final build. That way they can release a patch on the release day and thus it wont affect our gameplay. A win win situation for both transmission and us:happy:happy:happy

As a famous Pom once said, "and I want a toilet made out of solid gold, but that's just not on the cards now, is it?"

Folks, who have played the demo. I saw the below post in Codemasters forum posted by one of their member.

The game is superb but my big gripe is that when the computer bowls a fullish delivery and I select front foot shot it sometimes tells me that i choose the wrong footwork and the shot is played off the back foot, leading to me being given out lbw or bowled.

Have anyone experienced it?

are there any scoop shot available this time around????????????????????

Folks, who have played the demo. I saw the below post in Codemasters forum posted by one of their member.

The game is superb but my big gripe is that when the computer bowls a fullish delivery and I select front foot shot it sometimes tells me that i choose the wrong footwork and the shot is played off the back foot, leading to me being given out lbw or bowled.

Have anyone experienced it?

I have heard a few gripes about people trying to play a sweep shot off the front foot and the batsman actually tries to pull or hook and getting out LBW/Bowled.

This sounds like a fixable problem and might not be in the final build.

are there any scoop shot available this time around????????????????????

ALso have heard people say they have played paddle shots, but have not seen any on video yet :(

This sounds like a fixable problem and might not be in the final build.

We are expecting quite a number of things to be fixed in final build. But we have not got official information that demo is of old build.

I also noticed, the pitchad in the demo is codemasters and not npower pitchad.

Last edited:
We are expecting quite a number of things to be fixed in final build. But we have not got official information that demo is of old build.

I also noticed, the pitchad in the demo is codemasters and not npower pitchad.

Honestly, it does scare me a little since there is a No-Reply from both Codies and Transmission games on the demo build.

Our information is that it is roughly 2 weeks older than the playtest build, which makes it about 6 weeks difference between the demo and the gold version. They were working on the game fairly heavily in those last few weeks, they were doing stuff on the bowling speeds on the day of the (Aus) playtest (and it isn't as simple as just changing the number and leaving it).

Keep in mind that the people from Transmission have a hard job in what they can and can't post here and I bet they are all reading this with amusement.

Honestly, it does scare me a little since there is a No-Reply from both Codies and Transmission games on the demo build.

I have a gut feel that demo is of old build as many of the PC members think.

BTW, 1000 posts in this thread within one week. :cheers Thread is running hot considering only XBOX demo is being released.

The thread which will be opened for Full game impression will be overflowing with posts i suppose.:)

yea but there has been a no-reply on everything. They never said anything about the demo and then one day they just announced its out. So I dont think no-reply means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread