Dhoni Threatens to Resign

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bangalore, Nov 22: Indian captain Mahendra Singh threatened to resign from the captaincy over non-inclusion of RP Singh in the Indian one-day squad for the last 4 one-dayers of the Hero Honda cup.

BCCI President Shashank Manohar was forced to interfere to sort out the issue.

The newly formed selection committee, headed by former Indian cricketer Kris Srikkanth had met on Wednesday for the team selections when the differences apparently cropped up.

Last year, Rahul Dravid too had relinquished captaincy. Lack of say in selection matters was widely touted as the reason behind Dravid?s abrupt decision.

All-rounder Irfan Pathan had made the cup in place of RP Singh who had dished out mediocre performances in opening 3 ODIs.

http://www.zeenews.com/archives/2008-11-22/485575news.html

Dhoni also headed towards RP's home ..

This is just crap. why only with exclusion of RP he fights? why not of Vijay? come on Dhoni this is just so cheap. Yuvi was out in BG trophy why didn't you fight then? It's a simple agenda "In form your seat is reserved!" Irphan was kept out for months due to his bad form and weak performance(I blame Chappal or Chappel whatever his name is for IP he tried to turn IP into a all rounder too early!:mad)

The exclusion of RP for the rest ODI's is Justified he needs practice and That's it!

Yes, a mysterious unconfirmed source is who I'd turn to for news if there was not enough controversy.

Bangalore, Nov 22: Indian captain Mahendra Singh threatened to resign from the captaincy over non-inclusion of RP Singh in the Indian one-day squad for the last 4 one-dayers of the Hero Honda cup.

BCCI President Shashank Manohar was forced to interfere to sort out the issue.

The newly formed selection committee, headed by former Indian cricketer Kris Srikkanth had met on Wednesday for the team selections when the differences apparently cropped up.

Last year, Rahul Dravid too had relinquished captaincy. Lack of say in selection matters was widely touted as the reason behind Dravid?s abrupt decision.

All-rounder Irfan Pathan had made the cup in place of RP Singh who had dished out mediocre performances in opening 3 ODIs.

http://www.zeenews.com/archives/2008-11-22/485575news.html

You got that from Zee News.Then that may not be true.

May be fake to increase the TRP's

but if true i said what i want to

Are you sure of it.I see most of the news channels in India show just crap only crap

Irphan was kept out for months due to his bad form and weak performance(I blame Chappal or Chappel whatever his name is for IP he tried to turn IP into a all rounder too early!:mad)

Spot on.

Greg Chapell might have been a good cricketer during his time but his coaching skills are aweful. Just because Pathan played a good innings or 2, he started concentrating on making him a batting all rounder which has affected his career so badly that he can't cement his place in the side.

Before the Australian tour to India, I was sure Australians would not perform that good as Chapell was spending too much time with them and everyone knows he's had a horrible time as coach of India.

Dhoni also headed towards RP's home ..

This is just crap. why only with exclusion of RP he fights? why not of Vijay? come on Dhoni this is just so cheap. Yuvi was out in BG trophy why didn't you fight then? It's a simple agenda "In form your seat is reserved!" Irphan was kept out for months due to his bad form and weak performance(I blame Chappal or Chappel whatever his name is for IP he tried to turn IP into a all rounder too early!:mad)

The exclusion of RP for the rest ODI's is Justified he needs practice and That's it!

This current Youth Indian team is the work of Greg Chappell.He first introduced the idea of a young and new team for that he kicked out that Sourav Ganguly.It was Chappell first who spotted Irfan's All Round Skills which's helping India now.I think the main reason for India's bad performance during Chappel's time was because of Dravid's aweful captaincy.

It hasn't helped Pathan, its destroyed his career. Pathan started his career as a bowler and he was doing very good and I dont know when but he scored a 81 and Chappell asked him to concentrate on his batting which affected his bowling abilities.

It hasn't helped Pathan, its destroyed his career. Pathan started his career as a bowler and he was doing very good and I dont know when but he scored a 81 and Chappell asked him to concentrate on his batting which affected his bowling abilities.

Maybe but you can't call Chappell Aweful

He is good, very good but as a cricketer. Seriously he lacks what it takes to be a good coach. He was always fighting with Ganguly and the seniors and concentrated on the future of the youngsters in the side only which is good in a sense but somehow develops a bad relationship with the other players.

He wanted a new and young team and yeah he was correct that Ganguly lacked proper attitude.I think he made the job easy for Gary Kirsten.he was the first one to introduce the idea of a Youth team.

it is not about irfan better than rp or not. or Dhoni likes vijay or not. He likes everybody but he got upset because rp has shown his talent in odi's and has been with the team for some time. he is gaining experience but still he gets very less chances. dhoni understands that rp sat on the bench during australian series and before that. to perform one needs to play matches, as it is aweful thinking to expect players to perform whenever picked to play.
it is not about friendship, but morale of the player and captains confidence in his players.

selectors should understand this, that team as a whole is important, for instance rohit is not in form but u cannot kick him out just because of it. it will hamper his morale and whatever confidence captain is having on him. india is not facing defeats as well because the team chemistry is good.

if the selectors keep this trend on, then India will go back from where they came. .the past.

He is good, very good but as a cricketer. Seriously he lacks what it takes to be a good coach. He was always fighting with Ganguly and the seniors and concentrated on the future of the youngsters in the side only which is good in a sense but somehow develops a bad relationship with the other players.
So he lacks what it takes to be a good coach because the older players didn't want him to make changes?

Users who are viewing this thread