Your Cricket Division 4 Cricket - Youngster getting in

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys I am a 15 year old trying to make a big impact on a team that has not won one match out of 10. I am on the team but I have not been given a chance to play yet now last year I played a practice match where i scored a disappointing 1. Now I will be having a match most likely next week how do you guys think I should play when I am batting and what should I do when I am fielding.

Now I used to play a lot of under 15 cricket but really that's not really experience when you play only 20 over matches but any real advice would be greatly appreciated.

OffCutters

International Coach
Bat sensibly and not too agressive at the start of your innings, maybe tell us how you got out for 1 in your practice match i might be able to help you a little bit more. And as for fielding, concentrate, concentrate and concentrate. And also, be confident, when your confident enough, you can do almost anything. Thats about it, good luck mate, have a good match.

Fetchthatone

School Cricketer
Well since you've not played for the last 10 games, I reckon you'll be batting at 9, 10 or 11. No pressure on you at that number, just go out and have fun, and play your natural game.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Thanks Fetch and Offcutters for your advice. Well offcutters when I got out for 1 it was in the middle overs where I batted 8th I came in obviously anxious to bat well. So I got myself set and I played about 5 overs of very defensive cricket. Trying to get my footwork right and time the ball to perfection. Then I a ball came a little outside the offstump so I didn't move my feet enough and basically I just put the bat in front of the ball and unfortunately it got an edge and it went to a man standing right beside me. I think the problem was that I tried to play too defensive because the fielder was standing so close to me. My teammates told me that if that happens try and play maybe one cut shot just to try and get the opposing team to move that fielder.

Btw the match is on Saturday so I can use any batting advice that I can get thank you.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys I am a 15 year old trying to make a big impact on a team that has not won one match out of 10. I am on the team but I have not been given a chance to play yet now last year I played a practice match where i scored a disappointing 1. Now I will be having a match most likely next week how do you guys think I should play when I am batting and what should I do when I am fielding.

Now I used to play a lot of under 15 cricket but really that's not really experience when you play only 20 over matches but any real advice would be greatly appreciated.

You think your bad, we've never won a game throughout the whole season!

P

pcfan123

Try to enjoy your fielding. You should want every ball to be hit to you. That is the difference between the tops sides and mediocre teams.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
You think your bad, we've never won a game throughout the whole season!

Well thats interesting because that happens in cricket as many of you guys know but as long as you can say that this team has worked hard and tried to win a match then thats okay. But when you are on a team where they need to chase down 265 the whole team just wants to go home. Then atleast you can say your team gave an honest effort at winning while mine is too lazy to get up. Before me and my cousin got on the team the average age on the team was over 50 for sure maybe even 60 lol.

Well I am really excited and anxious to play I think I really have a chance to impress everyone with passion for the game. Thank you Hmarkas for your fielding advice do you have anything for batting as well :P

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Now this is just total rubbish. I was asked to play in a game and I got called by the captain to play yesterday. Now when I get there I see that there are 12 people not 11. At first I was kinda scared but then I saw that there was a 14 year old boy who I knew that I was far more capable of playing cricket. We won the toss and we were going to have a bat. Then after overhearing one of the players I realized that even though it was clear that I was better then the 14 year old cricketer he was playing. I had a bad feeling so I asked the captain who was 12th man and he told me it was me. I was extremely upset I came into the match ready to play not to be 12th man and they put me as 12th man. If you call me and tell me to come maybe you should have the odasity to explain to me that I am not going to be batting for sure, bowling for sure but I might field for a bit. I was so pissed off because I knew that I was atleast better than 3 or 4 players on the team. In the end we scored about 75 runs but the match got rained out. I would have batted had I been on the team but I didn't and even if I didn't bat but I knew I was on the team I would have been fine but knowing that and knowing that I was 12th man was extremely upsetting.

OffCutters

International Coach
Just prove to your captain in training sessions that your capable of the job and you`ll be fine.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
That actually doesn't work a lot in lower level cricket. The captains tend to just pick who they know/like. You get less opportunities than them, it isn't fair.

The best thing you could do is just to perform splendidly when you do get the chance. And make a few friends. So if the captain does remain stubborn, you'll have some support from the other players in the side who would probably fight on your behalf and insist you get a go.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Well my uncle was vice captain for this team last year and he after telling him the I was 12th man he told me thats not right and he will get me a game.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Well great news guys I finally got a match and I guess I am a big winner because the only match I play is the 1st match we won! Coincedence I think not lol. Well unluckly for me I didn't get a chance to show off my batting skills but instead I should some great field work and I probably saved a good amount of runs with some good stops in the field. I really was the only one to dive and chase after the ball but nevertheless we won with 5 wickets left. Hopefully these old men realize that put youngsters is a great advantage to your team! :happy:happy

OffCutters

International Coach
Good for you mate, good to see you contributing well in the field, well done for the win as well.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Division 4 = 4th grade?

I played 4th grade last season, it was great fun, I'm a terrible fielder, but I had some good saves in the end of the season, stopped a few runs, and it feels great when the older guys congratulate you.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Division 4 is like how in baseball they have A, AA, AAA then MLB first theres Division 5, then 4, then 3, then 2, premier etc.

Users who are viewing this thread