Do stadiums affect gameplay?

Dabi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I've played this game a lot online and when creating a game, I prefer to use a stadium and conditions that suit the bowlers the most. That means generally going with overcast conditions at Lord's or Headingly. However I'm not sure if it makes muhc of a difference where you play or what the cloud conditions are...Does anyone know whether it does and if so is it marginal or significant? I'm not talking about the size of the boundaries affecting gameplay strategy (e.g; Harare).

I would also like to know whether the type of ball makes any difference to the bowling. If someone could inform me, that'd be great! :)

P

pcfan123

This is up for debate usually. Personally I think its a lot harder to bat at Headingly and Auckland.

Auckland day 5 is probably the slowest and lowest wicket in the game. Some of the mods/ guys who went to play test, think that there is no difference. I have played over 250 2020's and my personal opinion is that there is a difference in pitches.

Dabi

Club Captain
This is up for debate usually. Personally I think its a lot harder to bat at Headingly and Auckland.

Auckland day 5 is probably the slowest and lowest wicket in the game. Some of the mods/ guys who went to play test, think that there is no difference. I have played over 250 2020's and my personal opinion is that there is a difference in pitches.

Thanks mate!

What about cloud conditions and the type of ball?

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Weather conditions can affect how much swing can be applied to the ball i.e overcast, likely to swing more and sunny, better for batsmen. Not sure of what you mean by type of ball, are you referring to the difference between Kookaburra balls and Dukes balls? Also if you didn't know when you play long enough the ball wears off (wait for at least 35 overs) and you are able to produce reverse swing.

Dabi

Club Captain
Weather conditions can affect how much swing can be applied to the ball i.e overcast, likely to swing more and sunny, better for batsmen. Not sure of what you mean by type of ball, are you referring to the difference between Kookaburra balls and Dukes balls? Also if you didn't know when you play long enough the ball wears off (wait for at least 35 overs) and you are able to produce reverse swing.

That's what I mean, does it actually swing more in overcast conditions? and by type of ball, yes I mean Dukes vs. Kookaburra, I mean does one swing more than the other, does one deteriorate earlier than the other?...you know like in real life.

gougie

Club Cricketer
I only really play 20/20 games, but i have tried the Dukes ball quite alot and i can't tell a difference between the two.

Dabi

Club Captain
I only really play 20/20 games, but i have tried the Dukes ball quite alot and i can't tell a difference between the two.

Same here mate, neither can I. That's why I asked! I think it's there as more of an esthetic appeal maybe? I dunno.

P

pcfan123

The ball will swing more on certain grounds than others, regardless of weather conditions. No idea if the ball does anything.

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Its basically a style you want to have. But I am certain that the ball swings more in some grounds than others. It seems like I get more bounce in England then in New Zealand.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i know for sure that the ball hurries on faster in places with pitches that are said faster like harare. the melbourne pitch would probably be the best. overall the conditions of the pitch do affect the gameplay. and i think the dukes ball wears out faster and swings more than the kookaburra one.

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
i know for sure that the ball hurries on faster in places with pitches that are said faster like harare. the melbourne pitch would probably be the best. overall the conditions of the pitch do affect the gameplay. and i think the dukes ball wears out faster and swings more than the kookaburra one.

Thanks for the tip, Ill try that in my next match :D

Users who are viewing this thread